Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
goa party tonight
    #4736165 - 09/30/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to a goa party today :cool:
it's a 2 day party but I'm going back in the morning because i can't party for 2 days straght man :grin:

going to eat myself some afghan hash and smoke some joints :sun:

have a good weekend pubbers! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: goa party tonight [Re: stefan]
    #4736187 - 09/30/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Goa parties are the first places I scored great acid. :smile:  Enjoy.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: goa party tonight [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4736197 - 09/30/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'm hoping to do that too :wink:
(but not eat it there though)

Male

#4736201 - 09/30/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Both times I ate mine there, spent 45 mins on the come-up and then left.

The second time, a blizzard had shut down every roadin NYC and we wandered around this snowy paradise from 1 to 8 AM.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLethalX5
Male

#4736215 - 09/30/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

whats a goa party?

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: goa party tonight [Re: LethalX5]
    #4736218 - 09/30/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It's a party where they play goa music.

Have fun, stefan.

Male

Re: goa party tonight [Re: LethalX5]
    #4736227 - 09/30/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

A psy-trance party.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4736235 - 09/30/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Many people would argue that goa and psy-trance are different.

I don't hear it really, but I don't listen to either genre.  :shrug:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: goa party tonight [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4736238 - 09/30/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

wouldn't know the difference myself...

Male

#4736239 - 09/30/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that's one of those arguments I don't have patience for. People look so fucking crazy fucked up at those parties.

Those parties are where you find the hippies with abysses in their eyes from taking too many drugs over the years. Deep soulless abysses.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #4736242 - 09/30/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Haha, great explanation OneMore

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Offlinestefan
work in progress

#4736246 - 09/30/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I alsmost never go to these parties but a friend and I felt adventurous so we're taking the train to the party and go back with one of the first trains somewhere around 7am. should be fun :tongue2:

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4736248 - 09/30/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Damn, I didn't know you hate hippies and assorted scenester junkies so much. That's cool.

Male

#4736253 - 09/30/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It will be fun, I bet!

chode, I hate lots of folks. :smirk: I just don't like to think about it too much.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4736264 - 09/30/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Any sites that list these parties? I've been wanting to check one out for some time, but can never come across any.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4736266 - 09/30/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to start compiling a list of things that I hate. I suggest you do the same; when I come east this winter, we can compare lists.

Male

#4736272 - 09/30/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hahahaha.

I just thought of one.I'm gonna go post it in OTD.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4736472 - 09/30/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Yeah, that's one of those arguments I don't have patience for. People look so fucking crazy fucked up at those parties.

Those parties are where you find the hippies with abysses in their eyes from taking too many drugs over the years. Deep soulless abysses.

goa trance and psychedelic trance are quite different. if you isten to a few artists, you would understand probably. goa trance is when it all started. artists like indoor, astral projection (not good these days), cosmosis, california sunshine etc etc. Then Simon P comes into the picture and he forms his project hallucinogen, and thats when psychedelic trance starts. goa trance is definety psychedelic but has generally faster beats, more layered melodies. it isnt much produced these days although there is more goa trance artists coming up these dayz which I'm certainly happy about. Psytrance now has many sub-genre's within like full on, progressive, tech trance etc. as long as its psychedelic, I love em all.

Ok to the second comment OMR, for me psychedelic gatherings are the best times, moments in my life. You get to meet with the psychedelic tribes from all over the world, in great locations. The people generaly being drug worn out hippies isnt generally true. (of course there are several of them). you get to see the old psychedeic crew but they generally had their day and have learned what they have and moved on to further explorations. As an example, the psytrance scene in toronto, generally if you look at the elders, you'll find them drinking their beers and enjoying the vibe, not getting much fawked up  :wink:  you can always find people abusing the drugz but I guess thats a general rule for humanz. I can say I have met the most interesting people I have in my life at these gatherings as people with immense variety of experiences tell their story.

So what I'm trying to say is that although psychedelics are definety a part of the culture (and not for everyone for sure), they are not what makes it so magical. The trance dance experience as a ritual has been carried out for so many centuries by our ancestors, we are just carrying on the spirit :smile: I love to dance and this is the music which can make me twist every part of my body without people giving me weird looks on the way I dance. I can say that me being introduced to spirituality is definety directly related to me being introduced to psytrance at younger ages and one should not doubt the heavy spiritual side of things.

Phew so much said, have a great time. I'd say stay the whole time, we go on for weeks man  :wink:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Male

Re: goa party tonight [Re: BanJankri]
    #4736481 - 09/30/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've known lots of people who are deeply entrenched in the scene and seem to come away from it with a whole lot.

I'm sure, also, that the scene is somewhat different everywhere you go.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: goa party tonight [Re: BanJankri]
    #4736610 - 09/30/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

fuck, just read that the trains have a problem with the power supply or something (electricity)! I hope it's resolved when we want to get on the train. I would suck if we couldn't go because of that :mad:

I just hope we have luck and the trains ride again in a few houres :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale