Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon DXM, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRATM6
Stranger
microwavable chems
    #4736321 - 09/30/05 01:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

anyone have an idea whether you can use a microwave instead of using a stove to boil/heat mixtures while doing crude extractions. i of course wouldnt do this but some friends where this is legal want to extract PTcacti and want to use a microwave for heat management. is this radiation to harsh for mescaline?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: microwavable chems [Re: RATM6]
    #4736376 - 09/30/05 01:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I recently saw DMT extraction pics on another forum. They got a horrible emulsion and showed it after each ten second microwave burst. Totally killed the emulsion.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (02/04/06 10:07 PM)

OfflineRATM6
Stranger
Re: microwavable chems [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4736490 - 09/30/05 01:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

im just doing water with some acid, a long extract then strain, nothing complex and am not looking for perfect yeild, ive just read that sunlight can mess with mesc, so i was wondering if a microwave would too.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4736505 - 09/30/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It'll be fine. Don't do it for an extended period.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4738487 - 09/30/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if you used short stints I'm sure it wouldnt do much harm. However, only use the microwave with inflammible solvents.

If however you beleive that mescaline may be photosensitive and/or photoreactive (something which in a cactus I would doubt, as would it not be destroyed by a long day in the sun?), then it may be best to avoid the microwave, since microwaves are of course a wavelength of light.

It's not too hard to use the stove though (gas stoves allow a lot of heat control, and electric stoves are nearly immune to flammable solvent explosions), and a double bath allows MUCH more even heating than a microwave, which tends to heat a spot in the center of an item.

Just don't ever evaporate anything flammable in the microwave. If you tried to evaporate an alcohol or petroleum solvent in the microwave, the vapors would find their way to the electrical area, and there's more than a good chance your microwave would literally explode, possible taking a small peice of your kitchen with it.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: microwavable chems [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4738507 - 09/30/05 09:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you can extract dxm out of surcrects in the gray box in a microwave all you have to get is like 20 boxes of the cough drops and crush them and then pour water over them and nuke for a few seconds till its all liquid then pour the liquid over a coffe filter and the power that will be left will be close to pure dxm beings how its not water soluable.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineRATM6
Stranger
Re: microwavable chems [Re: onetime]
    #4743269 - 10/02/05 12:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

interesting input, im familiar with the dxm extraction, my friend from another place has done that along with a lot of other things. I have heard mescaline to be photosensitive from i think erowid i.e. dont dry cacti in the sun, thinking microwaves might have the same effect. my friend found out it doesn't destroy all of the mesc. and ill tell him not to blow up his kitchen with solvents.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4743351 - 10/02/05 01:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

good luck with keeping the mescaline down. I lost it into my kitchen sink earlier today... I underestimated my blue san pedro and he kicked my butt.

My advice on mesc. is to make sure you have the willpower to take it. The drug itself can be very mellow, but attempting to take it in cactus form is intense. The first time I used it, even WITH marijuana to negate nausea, I had to hold back a heaving stomach with sheer willpower alone when trying to take the last swig of extract.

As for today, I wound up off-kilter and not at all tripping, just mindfucked with no visuals or body buzz. Not fun. Use mescaline carefully.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Edited by Konnrade (10/02/05 01:58 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon DXM, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience