Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

assassination politics
    #4736098 - 09/30/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Assassination politics. What is it, do you ask? In a sentence, it is, quite possibly, the final form of government. It may be what is necessary to exact a change in the current political world. The concept was first recorded by a guy named Jim Bell. He thought the idea through and posted it on the internet. The webpage it is available at also has some responses to his idea that he has recieved. Below, I have pasted a few paragraphs from his website that explain how it works. But definitely check out the page itself and give the thing a thorough read. And be sure to post your comments.

from http://jya.com/ap.htm --

"A few months ago, I had a truly and quite literally "revolutionary" idea, and I jokingly called it "Assassination Politics": I speculated on the question of whether an organization could be set up to legally announce that it would be awarding a cash prize to somebody who correctly "predicted" the death of one of a list of violators of rights, usually either government employees, officeholders, or appointees. It could ask for anonymous contributions from the public, and individuals would be able send those contributions using digital cash.

I also speculated that using modern methods of public-key encryption and anonymous "digital cash," it would be possible to make such awards in such a way so that nobody knows who is getting awarded the money, only that the award is being given. Even the organization itself would have no information that could help the authorities find the person responsible for the prediction, let alone the one who caused the death.

It was not my intention to provide such a "tough nut to crack" by arguing the general case, claiming that a person who hires a hit man is not guilty of murder under libertarian principles. Obviously, the problem with the general case is that the victim may be totally innocent under libertarian principles, which would make the killing a crime, leading to the question of whether the person offering the money was himself guilty.

On the contrary; my speculation assumed that the "victim" is a government employee, presumably one who is not merely taking a paycheck of stolen tax dollars, but also is guilty of extra violations of rights beyond this. (Government agents responsible for the Ruby Ridge incident and Waco come to mind.) In receiving such money and in his various acts, he violates the "Non-aggression Principle" (NAP) and thus, presumably, any acts against him are not the initiation of force under libertarian principles. "

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: assassination politics [Re: nonick]
    #4736189 - 09/30/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

There was something on TV on this subject a year or two ago I believe. Interesting idea at the least.

Anyone on the list ever get clipped?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

The Shootist

Re: assassination politics [Re: daimyo]
    #4737713 - 09/30/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

OF course not. Most people who'd talk about this sort of thing would never actually go out and do it. Stupid rednecks might try to start the revolution, but they'd be caught in a week.

Re: assassination politics [Re: The14thWarrior]
    #4739357 - 10/01/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 24 days ago)

i like the idea that people who openly talk about this type of thing aren't the people who would actually go out and do it.

the whole thing is kind of a catch 22. people who understand what needs to be done won't do it.

it sucks.

geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: assassination politics [Re: nonick]
    #4741374 - 10/01/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 23 days ago)

im really not sure how this anonymous cash works. There is always a trail. Money does not just pop up in your pocket because it was encrypted. You have to go to the bank to get it, wich leaves you at risk. I think the idea is cool, but as far as applying that type of encryption to money, it seems a bit funny. Especially when the money will be maintained by a central institute, im sure the govt can pry and see where its going.

And as far as legalities, this would probably be considered a form of terrorism, and the united states army would come after you, no matter where you are. I understand the "risk" he talks about for anyone to try to shut it down, but that would be if it was 100% functional and a daily part of everyones lives. it would never get that far.

The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion