Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

An Idea on Poo Pasturization.
    #4735559 - 09/30/05 10:18 AM (11 years, 28 days ago)

So this is basically a small varation on the pillowcase method. I didn't see this tek after doing a quick search but its so simple im sure somebody has used this before (Its probally posted someware right under my nose). Ok so here is the big idea:
Take a pot without handles (shouldent be hard to find at a crapy second hand store) and line it with a pillow case. Then fill it will your favorit dung. I like to then put the top of the pillow case threw the hole in a large Lifting plate (You will need to use quite a bit of weight to keep the pot from floating). stick in my thermometer and put a zip tie around the bottom. This pot will then be placed into a much larger pot with a spacer on the bottom. The outside of the smaller pot should have at least an inch between the inside of the larger pot. Then fill this space between the pots up with water. And voila! you have it my amazing varation on the pillow case tek. I guess I would call it like the P-PiP (Poo-Pot in Pot tek). The advantage of doing it this way is that your not losing alot of nutes into the "Poo-tea" left over from the pillow case sitting in water. It also removes the long draining process. I prefer this over the oven tek cause for some reason the fellow occupants of my house don't like me baking a big bag o'shit in the oven right before they wanna make some baked beans. The dissadvantage is that it takes a while to get the poo up to the 175 but that dosent bother me leaves lots of time to smoke many bowls.

My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An Idea on Poo Pasturization. [Re: musher_420]
    #4736110 - 09/30/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Some do it using a thick plastic bag instead of your smaller pot. You can add warm water to the poo to speed up the temp. A thicker pot will reduce heat transfer so a thick plastic bag may be better, or if you could get wide mouth plastic gallon jugs. I am planning on using those big protein shake containers, they deform at 100C but not at the lower temps. I can do it in the microwave. I have microwaved poo/straw in teh microwave on low and it stayed at the right temp. I also like the fact you waste no nutes.

support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: An Idea on Poo Pasturization. [Re: musher_420]
    #4736523 - 09/30/05 02:03 PM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation