Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Interpretations of enlightenment
    #4733524 - 09/29/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What of it all do you think...

The christians interpreted it that you do what they say and you go to 'heaven'
-my interpretation of that- you make all the right decisions, or gain all the insights, all the right thoughts, or give them up perhaps and you become one with god, you go to heaven

The Kulundini Experience- A raising of ones energy force through the chakras, for some ending in an out of body experience
-my interpretation of that- you make all the right realizations, you raise your consciousness to a heightened level of perception, you become one with god, you go to heaven

The OOBE- A raising of the soul out of the body (found most often in other enlightened ones experiences, mainly interpreted as dream) to explore that of the universe in which we can not normally traverse. Some going to the place of oneness with the universe, and all consciousness
-my interpretation of that-You get out of your body, you leave all these material things behind and become one with god, you go to heaven

Plato dream theory- Life is just a dream, everyone is asleep all together in a shared dream, whilst one has already woken up and is controlling the others perception of reality.
-my interpretation of that-You wake up you become one with god, you go to the place of universal consciousness, you wake up(or die) and are in heaven

My interpretation of it all, and you can take it or leave it or ask me more i dont care, but i see it all as a video game, not a video game by ordinary means, but one where our soul is inside our bodies controlling it. Take that energy is what gives rise to consciousness, then we must find the energy source in the body, found in the central nervous system, mainly the brain. Say perhaps that our energy body is like a ball that can mold to whatever shape it wants and do anything to itself, it is connected at all the nerve endings in your body, all those interesting places in your brain where the thc and psylocybin get stuck and change your perception of it all. If you 'unhook' yourself you can transcend the physical, and once this is achieved, you are a step closer to self, and god, and awareness realization.

Imagine that there are different dimensions, approximately four (the physical, the astral [astral bodies], the etheric[a thinner energy body, and an energy body[your consciousness with no form [[shroomism knows what im talking about]] and perhaps the one i have not been to yet where you are part of everything). Once this is realized it becomes a simpler task to traverse them, to switch from one to another you must first put your physical body on hold, correct?. I will say yes, so you leave this dimension, go to another and perhaps escape that one... and so on

So we then have several dimensions (and perhps realms of realization in each but this is confusing enough already) which we can traverse, each with different things to experience, much like our own physical world.

So then is the road to enlightenment a long one (or is that just the one most people take) or can all that be bypassed...

so were they right, or am i right, or are none of us right, and if so how close are we all?

one day perhaps

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeviate
Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: TheGus]
    #4733584 - 09/29/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i always liked ramana maharshi's interpretation the best. simply trace the "i" thought back to its source and it only takes an instant to realize the Self.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: Deviate]
    #4734391 - 09/29/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The more i learn of the philosophies of ancient philosopohers, the more i realize how ignorant and childish their ideas were.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: yousuck]
    #4735274 - 09/30/05 04:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

dull and demented we can tell we are dreaming
high and happy we can tell we are dreaming
some times we have a glimpse of something more and from that we can tell we are still dreaming
some times in a glance we lose ourselves in love and can tell we were dreaming

the best we can get towards enlightenment as a general direction is to work those glimpses and glances into the fabric of our life dreams.

you could say it raises the energy of all things and is kundalini like
you could say it makes a better sense of control and appreciation of ideals which is platonic
you could say it is like raising the sparks back to god which is jewish
you could say it is like losing the self in the beloved which is sufi.
you could say it is the expansion of awareness with is buddhist.
you could say it is a christian duty.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4735724 - 09/30/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Nice. Veritas was just talking to me about this very idea. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: Icelander]
    #4742392 - 10/01/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think that there is only enlightenment.  It is what it is.  All of the interpretations seem to come from cultural backgrounds rooted in mysticism.  Its like we look at the color red.  To me its "red" to someone in france its "rouge"  and if I knew more languages, the same colour could be a hundred completely different words, all the while still being red. 

There is a Koan in Zen practice when Joju asked his master "the sakyamuni buddha taught that all things have buddha nature.  So therefore I ask, does a dog have buddha nature?"

Joju's Master replied "mu!"

Mu means many things in different languages, and this koan points to the inconsistancy of interpretation and language, and the only truth is unconditioned experience at the exact moment of experiencing. 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

Edited by Quoiyaien (10/02/05 10:04 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4744423 - 10/02/05 06:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

quoiyaien, when you say
Quote:

the only truth is unconditioned experience at the exact moment of experiencing.

I accept it that actually it means something different in your language than in mine, where buddha nature is pervasive but elusive and exact moments are among unattainable ideal forms.
"do you mu me? or shall we be koan around in circles"

--------------------

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4744832 - 10/02/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Exact moment" means nothing in any language.  It is the interpretation of it that bears all meaning. 

"Hear the words.  But above all that ignore them.  Their true meaning is present in the flow of sight, sound, smell, taste, touch, thought, and above all mu!" 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:japsmile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Interpretations of enlightenment [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4744911 - 10/02/05 10:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yu mu me!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains