Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLSDilocybin
I AM

Loc: omnipresent
indoor half the day outdoor the other half...is it ok?
    #4733074 - 09/29/05 08:27 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

hi, i have a question.. I recently have gotten some SMALL green fuzzy spots on my casing surface. Ive been removing them as they show up so it doesnt get big, but it gets tiring so i took the advice of another member here and put it outside to fruit, but the problem is, when the sun goes down and especially at night, it is way too cold(40F) but in the day is is about 60F, which should be good enough, right?

If i just put the trays outside when the temp is right and brought it back inside when it was too cool, would it be too stressful on the casings? and shouldnt all the fresh air keep contams at bay as well? Ive heard that the green molds arent toxic to us, so the shrooms should still be safe to eat if they fruit, is this correct as well?

thanks for any help, i appreciate it, i just want my first casings to grow, really wanting some for holloween and christmas time, if these dont come through i may miss the holloween trip.

oh yeah...its been fruiting for about 5 or 6 days now, still no pins, but looks like mycelium is startin to form hyphal knots, shouldnt be too much longer, hopefully.

--------------------
"We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine, we are singing and dancing in perfect time, there is nothing in the world that we can do, to stop the light of love come shining through" --Sally Oldfield

:heart: :levitate: :inlove: :tripping: :inlove3: "Vibrate in Love." :inlove3: :tripping: :inlove: :levitate: :heart:
                          :tripping2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: indoor half the day outdoor the other half...is it ok? [Re: LSDilocybin]
    #4733128 - 09/29/05 08:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The molds won't make the fruits toxic, but I'd avoid bringing them back inside. Perhaps the garage? Maybe you can cover it up at night.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

InvisibleLSDilocybin
I AM

Loc: omnipresent
Re: indoor half the day outdoor the other half...is it ok? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4733170 - 09/29/05 08:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

negative. ive only 2 options, put it outside and leave it outside and that means they would be growing in temps of 30-40F at night and 55-65F in the day.  or put them out in the day when its 55-65F then bring them back in the house which is like 70-75 at night and do normal air exchange.  If for some reason the molds come back, ill just pick them off again :smirk: i know thats stupid, but i mean its outside half the day now so they cant grow during that time and they usually dont show back up for another 10-12 hours as it is anyway, should just even it out id think... :confused:

but anyway roger, do you honestly think they will fruit when its so cold at night?  garage is just as cold :frown: i dont have a nice one...

anyway, thanks for all your help man, im glad i got your replies to go by, tryin to learn as much as i can and this is helping.

--------------------
"We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine, we are singing and dancing in perfect time, there is nothing in the world that we can do, to stop the light of love come shining through" --Sally Oldfield

:heart: :levitate: :inlove: :tripping: :inlove3: "Vibrate in Love." :inlove3: :tripping: :inlove: :levitate: :heart:
                          :tripping2:

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: indoor half the day outdoor the other half...is it ok? [Re: LSDilocybin]
    #4733679 - 09/29/05 10:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

leaving them out will slow their growth significantly. i have two casing that are indoor/outdoor (indoor at night cuz its about 40 here too). i just bring them in to a very clean environment and it works fine. if you put a *thin* layer of honey on the surface of your casing it can help kill bacteria and add a little carbohydrate boost to your myc.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation