Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: novorua]
    #4733749 - 09/29/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

novorua said:
Just look at the divorce rate in USA. Marriage in different countries mean different things. But if you are talking strictly about the US its tough to make it work by viewing the statistics.

The divorce statistics are a bit misleading because they don't take serial monogamy into account. I'm talking about those people who will get married, have kids, get divorced two years later, and then get remarried, and end up going through 3 or 4 marriages or more. The majority of first-time marriages do not end in divorce.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4733887 - 09/29/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I got married once when I was young and stupid. The whole thing from meeting to dating to marriage to the day I walked out on the bitch took less then a year! :eek: I swore I'd never get married again.

A few years later I met my current wife.  We've been married for over 11 years now and I can't imagine my life without her.

Marriage can be good or bad.  It always takes work and its never a good thing to rush in to it.  But the rewards of a good marriage trump all other challenges in life.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4733919 - 09/29/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I am glad i never got married to any of my past girlfriends.. I only will go that far if it feels right. I have had a lot of friends that have given me good advice about shit like that. I am glad they did.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: Skunk420]
    #4734157 - 09/29/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
I miss foreplay as well as constant sex.

Then I would suggest that you not get married.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#4734159 - 09/29/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
I am glad i never got married to any of my past girlfriends...

I'll bet dollars to donuts they're grateful too. :wink:

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: TheDude]
    #4734206 - 09/29/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

doubt it, they like the assholes that treat them bad over me, I treated them like queens..they are fucked in the head like most women anyway..

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4734432 - 09/29/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
doubt it, they like the assholes that treat them bad over me, I treated them like queens..they are fucked in the head like most women anyway..

So racism isn't allowed in the Pub but sexist comments are?  :rolleyes:

As for MARRIAGE...

I love being married.  Every day that passes is somehow sweeter then the day before.  Even when things are rough, they are still...good.  I love my husband's company just as much (and more) as I do when I married him.  We have been friends for almost a decade, romantically involved for 4 years and married for 2 years next month.  We've faced adversity together...and every time we've only gotten closer.  Sex is better then ever because it's not just "sex" anymore.  We have fun every minute we are together.  Loving and experiencing love for my husband and remembering that we are One has helped me cultivate and nurture love for myself.  My husband's strengths compensate for my weakenesses and mine for his.  We are a team, working together to live Life.  We don't know what's going to happen in the future.  We are just enjoying every precious moment we have together. 

I've seen three friends of mine (who got married around the same time I did) get divorced.  Marriage is not for everyone. 

But it is for people who understand that it is about each partner delighting in their OWN truth, as unique individuals operating in a joyful team.  Marriage is not about control or even about committment.  If it was about "committment" more people would stay married.  It's about peaceful agreement.  Unity.  Compromise.  Yeah, I sound like a commercial.  And I may feel differently in twenty years or so.  But I can only see it getting better with every passing day, because it already has. 

You can have those things with a partner without the document to prove it.  You don't need "legal" status to prove love.  You don't need to "be married" to have love so blinding it breaks the heart.  My husband and I made the decision of marriage for all the legal bells and whistles. 

Anyway, being married is the one decision I have made in my entire life that I feel confident about.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: MOTH]
    #4734458 - 09/29/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh wait, I forgot, this is not OTD, fine..that was uncalled for.. but I am wrong no matter what I say..I have had women just use me and i treated them like we were married...okay i am the bad guy.. what else is new.??  I am always wrong.. :frown:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4734482 - 09/29/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

skunk78395 said:
oh wait, I forgot, this is not OTD, fine..that was uncalled for.. but I am wrong no matter what I say..I have had women just use me and i treated them like we were married...okay i am the bad guy.. what else is new.??  I am always wrong.. :frown:

1.  I never said you were wrong.  I was just annoyed by the sexist comment. 

2.  Sexism can come from women too.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4734626 - 09/30/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm married. I got married in Feb. of 2001. I don't remember the day.

I've been seperated since July of 2002.

I loved him...but not as much as I should've. I rushed into it. I only dated the man one month. It's happened though. I know a couple who dated a month and have been married now for 16 years. They are very happy and it shows.

Sometimes...it doesn't work that way. In fact, most of the time it doesn't work that way.

I'm one of those who just rushed into things. It was sort of fun while it lasted. I would marry again. This time...I'd take my time.

I think I may have mistaken comfort for love. Not only that...but my self esteem was so bad back then that I thought if  I didn't marry him, I would never find anyone to marry and since we both wanted the same things out of life...why not do it?

That's how I viewed things back then.

I think that there is such a thing as soul mates. Wait until you find yours.

If you don't believe...then that's cool. Wait until you KNOW you love your partner. REAL LOVE.

I'm somewhat rambling here, since these vicodins are kicking my ass.

Marriage is awesome...when it's with the right one.

Just  :2cents:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Your opinion on marriage. [Re: MOTH]
    #4734820 - 09/30/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

But it is for people who understand that it is about each partner delighting in their OWN truth, as unique individuals operating in a joyful team.  Marriage is not about control or even about committment.  If it was about "committment" more people would stay married.  It's about peaceful agreement.  Unity.  Compromise.  Yeah, I sound like a commercial.  And I may feel differently in twenty years or so.  But I can only see it getting better with every passing day, because it already has. 

You can have those things with a partner without the document to prove it.  You don't need "legal" status to prove love.  You don't need to "be married" to have love so blinding it breaks the heart.  My husband and I made the decision of marriage for all the legal bells and whistles.

i would agree with this, but shes a smelly girl!!

:todcasil:

which is to say, i agree with this :thumbup:

and youre really not smelly as far as i know :ashamed:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags