Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
    #4732926 - 09/29/05 07:49 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

Im thinking of going to amsterdam next week with a mate.  Is it a good idea to fly over there (Im from uk) and just find a hotel? (a hotel with bathroom, 1 or 2*) or will they be all booked and/or expensive?.

Recommend any places which sell weed/hash beer + shrooms :smile:

What times do the cafes shut of a weekday and weeknd - hope its not too early :S

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Trippin Buddy
Re: Amsterdam [Re: chewz]
    #4734660 - 09/30/05 02:28 AM (11 years, 25 days ago)

From what I understand:

Coffeeshops sell hash/weed. (Only a few also sell alcohol)
Smartshops sell shrooms and there are a few spread out thoughtout the city

There is a directory here

There is a map of the coffeeshops here

There are some forums here

Try google, thats how I found a lot of info.

looking to the stars

Loc: outer space
Re: Amsterdam [Re: Dog_Z]
    #4734691 - 09/30/05 02:34 AM (11 years, 25 days ago)

can you get opium there?

Re: Amsterdam [Re: chewz]
    #4734706 - 09/30/05 02:37 AM (11 years, 25 days ago)

Best thing to do once you arrive in Amsterdam is go to pretty much any of the Coffee shops (Barney's for early breakfast -8AM- is good) and buy the Smoker's Guide booklet and keep it with you along with a more detailed map and that is really all you need for everything to do with fun in Amsterdam. Check out their website www.smokersguide.com.

You can get to Amsterdam from the UK by plane (1-2 hours max) or take the ferry (16hrs). Best to try and set up a combo air/room package that way you won't be hunting everywhere for a good place.
I recommend Abraxas Coffee shop myself, near the center of town and near one of the only places to sell Absinth. Abraxas is 3 stories designed like a Hobbit home with lots of windows, you can also use their Internet access if you buy something.
Late meals, unless you like outside cart food, are usually done by 11PM at the latest, so don't forget to eat.

Trust me, I'm anurse!

Loc: UK
Re: Amsterdam [Re: cornoir]
    #4735300 - 09/30/05 06:49 AM (11 years, 25 days ago)

May i recommend using the forum search tool on this site, as there have been a couple of useful threads on this topic already.

Good hotels tend to book up, especially at weekends and busy times, so it's advisable to book in advance IMO. Look on the net.
Generally they cost ?10-15 for a crappy hostel, ?20-40 for a cheap but OK hotel, and ?50 plus for a nice hotel.
The Dam is comparable to London price-wise, so a bit pricey.

You can get budget flights from about ?10 each way, but it gets more expensive the nearer you book it and can cost up to ?200-300 return. Sciphol airport is a 20-30min train ride from town.

Avoid coffeeshops that sell beer in the main, they're normally tourist traps and bit rough. Not all though.
Some open around 10 or 11 in the morning, most about middayish. They almost all stay open pretty late, although it varies.

And crusin, opium is illegal basically everywhere.
Some black hash may contain it though. You'd be pretty pushed to find it on the streets, although illegal drugs abound and there are tons of dodgy street dealers.

UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Re: Amsterdam [Re: Oakbear]
    #4735648 - 09/30/05 10:47 AM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Avoid the street dealers like the plague.

Check out the "Umma Gumma" / "Pink Floyd" coffeeshop, only a few minutes walk from central station. Their "Mother's Finest" weed is great, and they also have very excellent space cake too.

All the smart shops are about the same, but I tended to use the one located in the Red Light District (called "Smart Zone") most of the time and the shrooms were excellent, especially the Copelandia Cyanensens (Hawaians).

One of the interesting things is that some of the smart shops have areas specially designed for tripping, so if you'd rather not trip outside or in your hotel room, you can trip in the store. I've never done this since I was living in Holland and therefore had a nice place to trip, but I've seen a few people (even the staff!) tripping in the smart shops.

There is also a very nice smart shop on the street leading to the Pink Floyd coffeeshop that sells loads of cool trippy stuff like lights, posters, wall cloths, music, etc. The guy in there was really cool, let me listen to CD's in store before buying them (got "Infected Mushroom" album having never heard of it before). I bought chocolate mushrooms containing dried Copelandia Cyanensens there, but I haven't tried them yet, so don't know what they're like for shrooms.

User Gallery

Re: Amsterdam [Re: TurricaN]
    #4736033 - 09/30/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

stay in the www.flyingpig.nl if you want a cheap hostel, you can get a 2 room to yourself but it is usually booked out, I booked mine on a general website, there are many. get your grass in the greenhouse, tweede kamer get hash in the bushdoctors. far better to be safe i nthe knowledge you have a place to stay, rather than getting high and still searching. Shrooms are in lots of places though only some sell dried (illegal)

You can bring smoke from one coffeeshop to the next no problem, it is not like taking booze from one to the next, of course you should buy something in each. Hill street blues is a great bar (sells smoke but buy it elsewhere) they have cheap but top quality pislner beer there and you can smoke openly no problem (grass from other places is fine, no need to buy theirs if you are drinking their beer).

Bring back a piece of a stem and you can clone it when you get home, legal if you can find a time machine to a few months back  :cool:

support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Edited by blackout (09/30/05 12:21 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio

Re: Amsterdam [Re: TurricaN]
    #4736305 - 09/30/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

TurricaN said:
One of the interesting things is that some of the smart shops have areas specially designed for tripping, so if you'd rather not trip outside or in your hotel room, you can trip in the store.

That is so... fantastic. Although I suppose the whole purpose of en emergency safe place is less important in a more relaxed location (regarding mushrooms/law enforcement). But I think many of us have run into one of those "Okay, we just need someplace to BE right now." situations.

You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience