Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: "Trolling" [Re: Ravus]
    #4732805 - 09/29/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
It's complete bullshit. I lose more respect for the moderators, the admins and these forums everyday.

as do I

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Apply the rules equally to everyone.

wont happen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Re: "Trolling" [Re: Rose]
    #4732823 - 09/29/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

God damn it man, its not a 'code of silence' its a fucking rule to keep inter staff drama IN the mod forum and not on the boards, like the boards needs to hear anymore drama coming from staff.  :grin:

1. The 'silence' you speak of is a rule to have moderators who disagree with an action/rule/etc, DEBATE it within the moderator forum so we can AGREE on an action. THEN we can speak on an issue in the public with agreement behind us.

2. If the mods can't solve the disagreement, we admins step in and make the call, but rarely is that necessary.

Cerv I'm sad you stepped down, especially over this, you did bring a lot to the forum by challenging ideas and not just 'go along with the crowd'.

Swami's actions recently were astoundly obvious in its intent, he IS trying to push the mods/admins after being warned to stop the drama and let us reform the S&P forum so we can ALL move along.

I don't want Swami gone, I just don't want to hear the bullshit. I want the forum regulars to decide what they want done AND for them to reform so that everyone can be happy.

This is reminding me every day more of the days we finally saw that OTD needed to have an option/alternative so that we could allow for more people to enjoy 'off topic' discussions in their own element so to speak.

I'm not without sense of humour, but I'm also not stupid and Swami is smart in his ability to walk a fine line in order to upset or challenge others.

But what is astonishing is he was warned by Geo and let known CLEARLY that he had to watch himself; yet he chose to create a thread with the clear intention to cause shit.

Well done Swami  :smirk:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: "Trolling" [Re: Thor]
    #4732869 - 09/29/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami's actions recently were astoundly obvious in its intent, he IS trying to push the mods/admins after being warned to stop the drama and let us reform the S&P forum so we can ALL move along.

The thread was satire. I don't see why satire is a bannable offense.

Quote:

I'm not without sense of humour, but I'm also not stupid and Swami is smart in his ability to walk a fine line in order to upset or challenge others.

I see nothing wrong with challenging others either, especially if done in such a light-hearted manner.

Quote:

But what is astonishing is he was warned by Geo and let known CLEARLY that he had to watch himself; yet he chose to create a thread with the clear intention to cause shit.

If by "cause shit" you mean "humorously parody an absurdity" then yes, he's guilty of that. Honestly, I don't get why you guys get so butthurt over this silly shit.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: "Trolling" [Re: Silversoul]
    #4732876 - 09/29/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Also, "intent" seems far too subjective an idea to punish with a ban. How about you guys just punish actions, and don't worry about their intent?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4732951 - 09/29/05 05:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Wonder why Maia was publicly abusive (again)? What sort of example does that set? He should have taken it to a PM to censure me if appropriate. As to the subject matter, many fictional and mythological themes are discussed without repercussion and disclaimers are an allowed request.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: "Trolling" [Re: Swami]
    #4732981 - 09/29/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2: Your avatar is too much. I knew that's how you see yourself and I'm glad you're stating it openly. JFC :rolleyes:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: "Trolling" [Re: Icelander]
    #4733031 - 09/29/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Is there a new rule on using a portion of a famous religious painting as an Avatar? I don't get your problem. How can that possibly be offensive? Did I see myself as an actor or a pirate or a stuffed bear in previous incarnations? Probably not.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4733079 - 09/29/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I was just appreciating your humor. I don't have a problem with it. I was just joking around. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: "Trolling" [Re: Icelander]
    #4733088 - 09/29/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry. I am getting a little jumpy these days for no apparent reason.  :crazy:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4733094 - 09/29/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Understandable, you walking the razors edge and all. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God
    #4733231 - 09/29/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

If the Shroomery Staff can't handle ONE member, who has broken one rule, in five years... without BREAKING or CHANGING the TOS to fit the problem... and they won't listen to the SMARTEST members of the community, when there is disagreement... it is fair to assume the Staff is handling this series of events, PISS POORLY.

I broke the code to BLOW THE WHISTLE!

Ban first and ignore all questions?

I have NO desire to tow THAT party line... no matter WHAT you tell me to say, or not say.

I was accused of TROLLING an UNMODERATED forum because of this bullshit!

I stepped down, to stay within the rules AND express my feelings PUBLICLY, where the rules, and the Staff, will protect, rather than hinder me.

I also, retired early to create harmony among The Staff.

You're welcome.

There was a time I was proud to wear green, and that time has past... perhaps it may return.

Let's keep this on topic, Thor. Drop me a PM if you wish to talk, you don't want to have this discussion here.

Again, you're welcome.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (09/29/05 07:26 PM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4733246 - 09/29/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Wonder why Maia was publicly abusive (again)? What sort of example does that set? He should have taken it to a PM to censure me if appropriate. As to the subject matter, many fictional and mythological themes are discussed without repercussion and disclaimers are an allowed request.

MAIA is one of the worst moderators I've ever seen on a forum. He constantly uses double-standards and calls any slightly humorous or ironic post "trolling".

Out of Swami's three bannings, the only one that contained any legitimacy was his second one, and even that was an overreaction; he should've just gotten his posts deleted and been given a warning, since even Trendal, who started the forum, didn't care nearly as much as MAIA and the admins who banned him. This time was complete bullshit, as Swami was just making an example of the type of thread we can expect to see in the Spirituality forum if it splits; it was nowhere near ground for bannings by any logical moderator or admin who didn't have his balls in a tight vice that made him explode in bannings.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4733388 - 09/29/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Swami's actions recently were astoundly obvious in its intent, he IS trying to push the mods/admins

That's not what I see when I read the same thread.

Instead, I see someone trying to bring to light in a humorous way the selective treatment he gets here and the philosophical issues related to uneven application of the rules.

If a mod took offence to that thread, maybe they should reconsider thair modship. Part of spirituality is the ability to laugh at yourself and not take trivial things seriously.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Trolling" [Re: Diploid]
    #4733432 - 09/29/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I thought he should be banned last time, but this one is aboslute horseshit. I don't understans where they could even come up with a good enough reason to issue a ban.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4733549 - 09/29/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Paradigm said:
If by "cause shit" you mean "humorously parody an absurdity"
then yes, he's guilty of that. Honestly, I don't get why you
guys get so butthurt over this silly shit.

Look, the ONLY reason I am butthurt is because of eating
too many goddamn chilipeppers at the

So far as satire is concerned, this is usually not a problem; and though the "Tooth Fairy" thread would have lost some of its effectiveness, had Swami posted this satire in a forum like OTD, there would be no problem and no ban from S&P. Rather, he chose to post in the specific forum where he had been asked to discontinue his provokation of our staff and policy in general. Not only was the thread off-topic, but by being housed in S&P it became controversial by mocking the moderators of that forum and the admins, since we had specifically asked him to refrain from this type of behavior (and made it very clear that our patience was running thin).

Cervantes said:
If the Shroomery Staff [...] won't listen to the SMARTEST
members of the community, when there is disagreement...

Oh we listen, we just don't agree all the time. There are so many conflicting viewpoints in communities this large, you cannot expect everyone to be satisfied with all the end-decisions made. It is also important to recognize that even the "smartest" can and will be wrong from time to time.

.. and for the rest of you who are citing selective treatment. Every user who has rubbed the staff the wrong way in the past will receive selective treatment. Your history at this website will always be taken into consideration when deciding future diciplinary action. It is not only the public postings you see that are taken into consideration, but the responses we receive from PM conversations where we are trying to express the issues that we have a problem with. Throughout this latest incident, I have exchanged some sizeable PM's with Swami detailing our problems. The 15-day S&P forum ban he received today was a continuation of this detail, as it seems he did not fully understand me in our PM correspondance. I will close with an excerpt from one of the last PM's I sent to him:
You know where we stand on this matter, and if you cannot participate here without being so excessively confrontational with respect to our policies, staff, as well as some of the members in S&P, then you have no place here. Like it or not, utilitarian politics will often flourish on a site such as this, which will inherently leave some margin of people disappointed.

Nothing I have said is meant to intimidate you. Are we coercing you by requiring that you act in a respectful and tolerant manner by otherwise banning you if you fail? Yes, we are - and it may not be fair in your mind, but we are being straight with you.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: "Trolling" [Re: geokills]
    #4733577 - 09/29/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

How can a thread be off-topic if Swami created the topic of the thread? Even if his subtle means at philosophy are beyond the moderators and admins, it doesn't mean his threads are "trolling".

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: "Trolling" [Re: Ravus]
    #4733617 - 09/29/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Regardless of who creates the topic of a given thread, it must relate to the scope of topic-matter for the forum in which it is posted. This is really a moot point though, as the primary cause for action was the user's ignorance of administrative direction. I will also note that I have never used the word "trolling" in my PM exchange with Swami, nor in my ban notifications to him, rather attempting to clearly outline what the specific reasoning was, both in the notifications I have issued as well as the related private messages where he has requested further clarification.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4733637 - 09/29/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

So, you're a martyr now ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (09/29/05 08:44 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: "Trolling" [Re: MAIA]
    #4733646 - 09/29/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:

He'll be a martyr for as long as he's your whipping boy.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4733678 - 09/29/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

MAIA said:

He'll be a martyr for as long as he's your whipping boy.

I know... the irony ...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order