Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience?
    #4729978 - 09/29/05 04:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There are plenty of topics on why mushrooms are 'great'...how about one discussing what particular effect of mushrooms you do not enjoy? I'm not trying to induce a bad trip on anyone, but this needs to be discussed.

My dislike of mushrooms is from personal experience. I had some great, positive life-changing times with them for the first couple of trips. I've only had two 'train wreck' trips...they were nightmares to the full extent. The first one was a setting problem that was unavoidable...it disconnected me for a while but I was able to overcome it because I recognized the absurdity of what threw me into a bad trip. I haven't really ever posted about that one, but if anyone is interested I will. My second trainwreck is after the following paragraph...it really set me back.

Every time I tripped after my first few voyages, the trip was redundant and moralistic--I didn't even agree with the moral conflict I was being thrown into. I also tend to become highly delirious on large doses (4+g). I remember once sitting up in my bed beside my girlfriend and entirely not recognizing anything...words, her, myself, the walls, pure fucking horror. I could not connect a thought in my mind, everything was disconnected, not even ego-loss, just utter confusion. I came back and was convinced I'd pissed myself, I felt, saw, and smelled piss on my pants, hands, and everywhere else, but my gf assured me there was nothing wrong. After this one experience, I can so easily be placed into that confusion again on mushrooms...I just can't enjoy them.

My second issue is my girlfriend had a seizure/blackout on her first and only trip. I did not witness the actual pass out and fall. She is too afraid to try any other tryptamines now. She had ~2.5g in chocolate along with me. After the peak, we were fully settling into reality. She got up and walked into a dark hall, turned to the bathroom, and hit the floor HARD. I came sprinting down the hall and found her motionless, contorted, seemingly dead to someone shrooming like myself. I was convinced I had killed her with mushrooms, even while simultaneously thinking 'this is impossible'. It seemed like it took 45seconds to get her to reppond. Thankfully, she somehow did not injure herself, she narrowly missed two sharp corners. I had horrible PTSD from that event...much moreso than my girlfriend. It honestly took a few years off my life...I couldn't go a moment without that horrible scene invading my mind, effectively eliminating my social skills. I now realized that even a seemingly innocent dose of mushrooms could lead to death easier than I had ever imagined. I haven't dosed mushrooms or tripped beyond threshold on any substance since then and doubt I will for many years.

I can't even express how much my life has been altered by a few bad mushroom trips...they definetly got me to respect the human body more, but at a great, great cost that still lingers.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: Organic]
    #4730324 - 09/29/05 08:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The absoultely only part I do not enjoy about mushrooms is the god damn nausea that I always get coming up. Although after years of tripping I have finally discovered that tea severely reduces the nausea. Normally I just rely on some pot to fix this situation. I've had one bad trip but it taught me a lesson to not be ignorant about the musrhoom experience so I can't really consider it a bad trip.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4730644 - 09/29/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Recently, I have been in a rut. I've felt a bit paranoid and uncomforatable due to living circumstances..its messed up my trips, even traveling across 4 states and away from my annoying roommate and apartment, with what should have been no worries. Nothing has been detrimental since I've found the shroomery because before I even found this place I had taken that venture over 100 times..I can now handle any trip and relize that none are truly bad, though they may be very uncomfortable. However since comming to the shroomery and growing my own I've had my girlfriend pass out twice, having tremors once (once on LSD, once on shrooms) though shes done them before and after. She also freaked out a bit when we took to many Pan Cyans, which caused me to be worried about her the whole time. I never worried about tripping before, but me and her have gotten serious over a few years and it makes me worry more about her now. I knew we would both be physically fine, we were just tripping to hard, it was only 1.5 grams..but it was as strong as a strong 4grm cubie trip, so I was worried about her mentally, and freaking out. Her worrying passed quicker then mine for her, I kept asking myself and her if she was worrying or worried or ok, you know..

I've also had to deal with my roommate inviting some people over for a trip. Two girls hed been friends with for a few months, one tripped a few times long ago, the other never tripped, ate 3.5 cubies and the one who never tripped started talking in tounges, and thinking we were going to kill her (she has a "psychic preminition") and screaming and generally going to get the cops here. The two girls had to go home that night which my roommate failed to tell me as well. These were my first poo shrooms, which were far more powerful then the ons I had grown before, I told everyone to go small, I took 1.7 and tripped pretty damn hard. About 3-4 hours after dosing, they had to leave, my roommate planned on driving them home but he was all fucked up, and though I was tripping, it was an easy easy handle for me. So I drove them home, followed by so many cops, and I relize this girl going crazy has pot on her (I told everyone to leave anything and took nothing illegal) and were being followed and shes freaking out, screaming still, absolutly crazy..I thought we were busted for sure (these cops saw us leaving my apartment, knew where we were coming from and saw her running around screaming in the parking lot while I tried to get them in the car)..never got pulled over that night though luckily or she could have started screaming about us feeding her mushrooms, then they go and check out my apartment *shudder*.....so now I'm always paranoid.

Recently I've been feeling better about it though, I can still have good trips, but I just very easily have slipped away since all this crap has happened, into this anxiety. All in all its not bad, but mushrooms make me nauseus now and the anxiety makes me puke to often..I prefer acid because its easier to get over, I know I dont have any nasty tasting stuff to eat..

OK..now I'm stoned and been rambling, so theres some stuff to read :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4730689 - 09/29/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I used to love shrooms. I would get a nice, giggly buzz, and wanted nothing more. But when I shroom now, every damn trip becomes this "Im gonna DIE!!!" trip. I throw up everytime now too. I just found out that 3 gr of cake grown TC's are too much for me. Im gonna try just 1.5 gr from now on.Fuck an anxiety trip!

Invisiblesublimesanchita
CascadingEntropy
Female User Gallery

Loc: jerz
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: FungusMan]
    #4730742 - 09/29/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

uncontroable twitching..and not being able to have sex..is a bummer

Fungusman your icon amuses me

--------------------

When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies.

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: sublimesanchita]
    #4730833 - 09/29/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think the public view and illagalism on shrooms for most of the world can have a negetive feeling at times(unless you can cut that out of ur mind with practice and mediation)

but ya know.. MY PARENTS THINK IMMA FUKK UP! or TEH COPS ARE AFTER US!
or THOSE FISHERMEN KNOW WE ARE TRIPPING! I FEEL WEIRD! how about... MY CALCULUS PROFESSOR WANTS TO SHROOM WITH ME, IS IT A TEST?! WILL I BE ABLE TO INTEGRATE WITHOUT ARMS?!

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: sublimesanchita]
    #4730893 - 09/29/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I had only tripped two times years ago when I grew my own. I was very serious about them lead me on a "path" and I think that that was the problem. My first trip off my own shrooms was 2 grams, alone in my room. I had a lot of neck tension and some fair visuals, but no enlightening thoughts per se.

One month later I did 3 grams and when the anxiety of the come up came on I started thinking that I didn't want to be tripping. That's where I stayed for 3 solid horror filled hours. I was panicky and thinking every shitty thing that I could about myself ten-fold. I just kept dredging up everything that I didn;t like about myself to the point that it made me puke.

I tried laying down and all my visuals were very mechanical(gears of huge machines and stuff) whereas the visuals on my first trip were all very organic(plants waving, water, living buildings growing before my eyes)

I tripped once after on shrooms at 1.5 grams and the anxious comeup was scarier this time, but the trip was milder because I felt comfortable at that level. Generally just a spaced out trip enjoying stuff outside, but that's not what I was going for so now I'm pretty afraid to do them fearing that every trip that I have from now on or over 2 grams will be the same self-analytical nightmare.

I also did Ayahuasca in the jungle in Peru with a Shaman after the 1.5 gram trip and it was the same introspective nightmare the first time I drank. I drank again the next night and I went right back into it.(I had a feeling that I would because I felt that I missed the point the first time) I tried to stay a little more focused the second time though and resolved everything that I went through the night before. I opened my eyes completely straight when the realization hit and I felt very euphoric whereas the night before it was a bitch but I woke up groggy, but still oddly grateful.

I came to the conclusion the mind set has soo much to do with it because the first time I didn't really know what to expect and after that I had done some heavy reading and a lot of that was about bad trips, so... The key really is to relax and go with the flow and be familiar with the bodily effects that they have on you in particular so it doesn't freak you out from the offset. Just wish I could convince myself that I'm capable of practicing what I preach.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4731150 - 09/29/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The only thing i dont like about mushies is eating them and dealing with the nasuea/anxiousness during the comeup.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: coda]
    #4732979 - 09/29/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe it's the shrooms I had, but I've been dissatisfied by my last couple trips.  I felt just enough to know that something was up, but not much more than that.  I have a sneaking suspicion that there were issues during the storage/preservation phase that resulted in a drastic loss of potency, but the other people who sampled the same batch reported massive, mindblowing effects.  I don't shroom more than once a month, and I'm worried that either my mind is subconsciously resisting the trip, or I'm building a chemical tolerance. 

It's been about two months since my last trip. :frown:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4733000 - 09/29/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't like not being able to pay attention to anything, the rapid mood swings and difficulty keeping calm. There is alot to like, but I always feel like I'm the edge, that i could lose control and go into a bad trip at any moment. So far I never have, I just feel like i could.

And then there is the nuasea and drowsiness.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4733060 - 09/29/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yea dood, I took 7 grams of potent cubes. We were in the woods and all, but we eventually got out and there were people all around the walking trail. I got really paranoid and I just had to dart off to another path. I had SICK intense visuals. When my trip was bad I would see demon faces. Infact I was in a fractul of demon faces. Every leaf was a demon face, every stick, every piece of bark, and every tree, and when I would look away, from say a leaf demon face, there would be 3 trees that somehow formed a demon, face, and if I looked away then there would be 4 trees a bush and some grass that formed a demon face, it was a fractul of demon faces. HORROR.

But it was worth the trip because when I got to watch the sunset by the lake... It was absolutly beautifull. I was completely serene, tripping like a mad man, so many visuals, so many audio distortions, bliss.

Trippin is very delicate. At any moment you can swing off into a bad trip, but its good to remember that you can get the hell out of where you are and start over onto a good trip.

tripping teaches us lessons, weather its the hard way or the beautifull way. :heart:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Offlinejohnson657
Stranger

#4733071 - 09/29/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Last time i tripped I think my mushies had verticillium, all the posts I could find said it would be safe, so I ate 2 grams compared to the regular 4 I ussually do. The trip came on fine with nice visuals, but about what seemed like 15 minutes after the peak it went south for no given reason. My heart was pumping hard, then slow, then hard.(Also palpatations) Body temp fluctuated like nothing else, I got twitches couldn't hold my bladder,(I had to piss every 5 seconds and after i thought i was done I'd startr pissin again), had a sence of delerium, and thought I was going to die. Needless to say, I'm going to take a few months away from shrooms.
nice thread,
peace

Edited by johnson657 (09/29/05 06:30 PM)

Offlineabsolute zero
The Hero
Male User Gallery
Loc: 127.0.0.1
    #4733526 - 09/29/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I love the psychedelic experience. Mushrooms have been so visual for me, and very profound. Mushrooms have allowed me to see the world through a different pair of eyes.

My current feelings:
  • The sight, thought, smell, and taste of dried cubes make me VERY nauseaus
  • In the past, especially my first few trips, things have been extremely visual. I've seen colors, shapes, objects breathing and moving, and very elegant closed-eye visuals... however, I have not experienced much visually in the past few years.
  • Mentally, the experience used to be very clear. I was definitely tripping, however, I was still very lucid. Recently, the experience has just launched me into a lot of confusion.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great 5g experience a couple of weeks ago, but lately, the experience has not been as good as I know it can be. I've tried tea, gelcaps, etc. but I'm always nauseaus. I try to choose music which I feel a particular emotional connection with, but I don't feel that anymore. Laying around in confusion and nausea just isn't pleasant.

I'm not going to stop tripping, but I wish I knew how to "fix" the psychedelic experience for myself. I've just been kinda disappointed lately.

--------------------

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: absolute zero]
    #4733934 - 09/29/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

one time i took 6 grams and was tripping pretty good so i decided to take 4 more had a good friend tripping he decided to take 8 grams total.
i had a hard time eating
almost puked like 20 times
but got em down and then i was tripping absolute balls
but later i felt really bad nausea. my friend made me go to bed and then i just started to see like really wicked looking eyes and stuff and shaking then i had ego death absolute nuts then i went and puked really hard in my toilet then i looked and saw the mushrooms spinning and turning into geometric shapes and cool things then my trip turned back to OK and then i left my body.
I looked at my friend who was sitting in a ball on my couch muttering "I'm gonna die I'm gonna die imgonna die" absolutely nuts
but the puking was the bad part of the trip then OK.
i usually smoke lots of weed to stop it and the taste bugs me anytime i get around them unless i grind them up in OJ very very finely. but i want them really badly.

--------------------

OI OI OI

InvisibleQbanMoJo
Mr. Brightside

Loc: OutSide
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: MrMolotov]
    #4734072 - 09/29/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what I suggest for anyone that isn't enjoying their trips like they used to would be change. I used to roll a lot back in the days till it came to the point that I would drop a roll and it would not hit me. I would get hot/cold, sweat a little, and thats it. Not long ago me and my friends went to this awesome club where DJ Tiesto was playing at and we unexpectedly got rolls, so I dropped 2 cause I felt like rolling and was in a good mood. guess what? best time Ive had in a while.

What I'm getting to is that even though you might not want to you have to change the place and things you do when under the influence. If you're paranoid about tripping at your crib then do it somewhere else and don't just trip, do something! If you're expecting too much out of a trip chances are you'll be disappointed. Sometimes taking it slow and not hitting more than level 2 out in nature is the best thing you can do to clear your head.

Oh yeah, meditate. I know everyone on here says it and you might not know how but just sit down somewhere nice breath slowly and deeply, just listen to your self breath and everything around you. I can guarantee that it will help. :mushroom2: :stoned:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4734100 - 09/29/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I almost never experience nausea or an unwell feeling.

That being said, my biggest problem with them would probably be duration.

I'd like them to last at least twice as long.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4734262 - 09/29/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well they can only last so long!  :tongue2:

If you want longer, try for some mescaline... last friday night was a long, LONG night for me, and I loved all but the first 30 seconds of come-on (when I had to do a quick self-talkdown from a bit of anxiety).

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: Konnrade]
    #4734397 - 09/29/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Some people get paranoid, aggitated, sick, full of them selves(delusions of grandure even), confussed and there is no telling how far this shit can go. Thus some poeple given their background dont like shrooms.
Infact, I think more people should think about stopping there doseing career. The, "Im smarter" than everone else setting, only last so long, and if you hold on to it you fascilitate crappy threadings like those which you see on this web site.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: stemmer]
    #4734611 - 09/30/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've seen a lot of weird stuff come from people on mushrooms. One of them I *never* see is people being full of themselves. In fact, that's the exact opposite of ego loss. Are you talking about the trip itself, or the fact that it makes people think this afterwards?

I think you'll find most internet boards to be littered with people who think they're smarter than everyone else. Screw the internet, many people are like that anyway. With the exception of that crappy OTD forum, and the irc channel, I think this environment is better than the norm, though far, far from perfect. No offense stemmer, but are you honestly calling others full of themselves? Or is your warning one of personal experience?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: stemmer]
    #4735377 - 09/30/05 06:28 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Some people get paranoid, aggitated, sick, full of them selves(delusions of grandure even), confussed and there is no telling how far this shit can go. Thus some poeple given their background dont like shrooms.

Ok... The symptoms you list first are common feelings on mushrooms for anyone. I disagree with the 'being full of themselves'...I don't ever see anyone acting like a drunk or like they just tooted a line when they're on shrooms. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said? Please clarify if so

Quote:

Infact, I think more people should think about stopping there doseing career. The, "Im smarter" than everone else setting, only last so long, and if you hold on to it you fascilitate crappy threadings like those which you see on this web site.

What? I don't care for elitism (I'm ABOVE that :wink: :lol:), but I hardly see what is has to do with this thread... Some of the greatest minds in the psychedelic world have had massive egos, and they've done a lot of good.

If you just don't like people talking about the negative effects of mushrooms, OK, I expected a few people to do that, this is #1 grounds for mushroom fundamentalism on the web. You can hardly say that 'X group' of people should NEVER dose again...negative effects come to people of all types, it's not just a handful of people experiencing negative effects. Once again, please clarify, from your ratings, I feel you have probably been misinterpreted a lot.

--------------------

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #4736524 - 09/30/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i dont enjoy the following:

1. The nasue that sometimes comes with the coming up on the shrooms.

2. The hard time sleeping at the end.

3. The bad trips i get sometime.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4736819 - 09/30/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

last august I took around 4grams...the only thing I didnt like was that I got the shakes and i was cold with nausea,on top of that my hands got clammy i think.

--------------------

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #4737222 - 09/30/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i love lower doses, there's nothing about lower doses that i don't like...

higher doses are unpredictable, and always make me nauseated. but they are always worth it for me.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: Why do you not enjoy the mushroom experience? [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4737362 - 09/30/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

They only thing i can think of that i dont like about shrooms is the fact that they are illegal that and some trips i feel like im carring an extra 150 lbs and my legs wanna give out so i look all wobbley when i walk arround.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract