Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The Tooth Fairy
    #4729194 - 09/29/05 02:44 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

DISCLAIMER: I am highly sensitive to having my expressed beliefs questioned or examined by others. Please post only support and encouragement on this thread.

Let's discuss why she leaves money for molars.

:fairy:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: Swami]
    #4729317 - 09/29/05 03:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

She loves you, man, you have such a glorious spirit and she rewards you for it! Peace and love and let's transcend and grow! Yay! :tongue:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4729341 - 09/29/05 03:14 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the tooth fairy is extremely nice to people who smoke meth

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4729374 - 09/29/05 03:20 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Because they have more dental decay?

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #4729383 - 09/29/05 03:22 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

quite

--------------------

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
    #4729951 - 09/29/05 06:07 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's a trick played on children. Why cant parents just be honest and just buy their kid's tooth off them. They get a lesson in economics as well. To make money in this world you might lose a tooth or two.

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: Unagipie]
    #4729960 - 09/29/05 06:17 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You failed to follow my disclaimer.

:ban:

Yoo-hoo! Oh, moderators...

--------------------

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #4729985 - 09/29/05 06:44 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I remember one time I got into a mean fist-fight. Each time I took a hammering the tooth-fairy sprinkled stars over my head and flashed lights in my third eye. When the ambulance came to get me it was revealed that the fairy lived in it. She gently collected my battered stumps of teeth, then brought me to the land of Karius and Bakktus. I could see a tunnel reaching downwards into some sort of abyss, some weird drop-shaped pendulum almost blocking it's dark slimy entrance.

As I looked up to the heavens above, I could see the fairy grinning peculiarly. She telepathically told me to start drilling, to make huge entrances into these white calcium blocks in front of me. That's when I knew she was a demon...

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4730505 - 09/29/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
You failed to follow my disclaimer.

:ban:

Yoo-hoo! Oh, moderators...

Trolling, :thumbdown: Yoo-hoo Oh, moderators ...

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: dorkus]
    #4730627 - 09/29/05 11:14 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, please choose between this two definitions.

Quote:

The Sophist Troll. Sophist Trolls, or "philotrolls," fancy themselves Enlightened Philosophers or Learned Experts of the highest order. Often well educated, Philotrolls are capable of speaking intelligently on a number of topics, and when the spirit moves them they can be worthwhile forum participants. Unfortunately, Sophist Trolls are an extremely hostile and intolerant species.

When confronted by opinions with which they do not agree -- particularly when they do not see any means of successfully arguing their contrary views -- Sophists resort (repeatedly) to a variety of intellectually dishonest tactics. Most often, this is characterized by an overly snide, condescending, patronizing attitude. Philotrolls consider anyone with whom they do not agree to be "immature," and are fond of quoting that old saw that "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

When cornered they are quick to resort to personal attacks. A philotroll's bag of rhetorical tricks includes a variety of transparent ploys, such as willfully misinterpreting the opponent's words, committing Straw Man fallacies, accusing his or her opponents of engaging in the very tactics used by the philotroll, and so forth.

When engaging in their sophistry, philotrolls are among the most hypocritical and aggravating of trollkind.

Quote:

The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. Pursued by Troll Bashers (see Natural Predators below), the Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice -- all the while continuing to respond to them.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

Contrarian warning sign behaviors may be shared by other breeds.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4730693 - 09/29/05 11:30 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

""I am highly sensitive to having my expressed beliefs questioned or examined by others.""

then, how can you say that?
did you not notice (as you are highly sensitive) that they all do, whether you think so or not?

man.. this looks to me, like someone, being an asshole to a thread starter, only to try to justify it for one-self,...

I think you are pathetic.. but you are so much more than that! :heart:

"Do not let the word's limit, you know what I mean!(?)"
-Unknown :smile:

(hahahahaha)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4731321 - 09/29/05 01:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well, maybe in "some" people's case, she's just glad that they're falling apart! :heart: :heart: :heart: :thumbup: :thumbup: :heart: :heart: :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool: :smile:

:rofl2:

and-DISCLAIMER: I am highly sensitive to having my expressed beliefs questioned or examined by others. Please post only support and encouragement on this thread.

I see no belief stated.  Only an open-ended invitation to discuss what people think. :heartpump: :happyheart: :heartpump: :sunny: :psychsplit:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: MAIA]
    #4731335 - 09/29/05 01:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This is cruel.  Haven't you heard the story of Hansel and Gretel and the scary troll under the bridge?    :confused:

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (09/29/05 01:41 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4731378 - 09/29/05 01:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:

Quote:

The Sophist Troll. Sophist Trolls, or "philotrolls," fancy themselves Enlightened Philosophers or Learned Experts of the highest order. Often well educated, Philotrolls are capable of speaking intelligently on a number of topics, and when the spirit moves them they can be worthwhile forum participants. Unfortunately, Sophist Trolls are an extremely hostile and intolerant species.

When confronted by opinions with which they do not agree -- particularly when they do not see any means of successfully arguing their contrary views -- Sophists resort (repeatedly) to a variety of intellectually dishonest tactics. Most often, this is characterized by an overly snide, condescending, patronizing attitude. Philotrolls consider anyone with whom they do not agree to be "immature," and are fond of quoting that old saw that "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

When cornered they are quick to resort to personal attacks. A philotroll's bag of rhetorical tricks includes a variety of transparent ploys, such as willfully misinterpreting the opponent's words, committing Straw Man fallacies, accusing his or her opponents of engaging in the very tactics used by the philotroll, and so forth.

When engaging in their sophistry, philotrolls are among the most hypocritical and aggravating of trollkind.

Quote:

The Contrarian Troll. A sophisticated breed, Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. Pursued by Troll Bashers (see Natural Predators below), the Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice -- all the while continuing to respond to them.

-- Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

MAIA

OHHH!!! Slam fucking DUNK! :duel:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4731492 - 09/29/05 02:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Choose one of the following:

1. Disclaimers in general are not to be followed.

2. My disclaimers are not to be followed.

Your post:

1. Added content to the discussion.

2. Was off-topic and personal.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4731533 - 09/29/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

In my case, when the wife is out of town, the 'tooth fairy' is a convenient ruse to fool the children into not thinking about who the strange woman is in my bedroom (should they happen to wake up in the middle of the night and walk in).

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
    #4731538 - 09/29/05 02:17 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Your post:

Is a moderator and is HIS job to step in when a user is obviously messing with a forum.

Trolling is frowned upon as much as flaming, you obviously are trying to start shit and now I'll have to take action.

Good job, your self control is outstanding.  :thumbup:

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4731539 - 09/29/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Your post:

Quote:

A philotroll's bag of rhetorical tricks includes a variety of transparent ploys, such as willfully misinterpreting the opponent's words, committing Straw Man fallacies, accusing his or her opponents of engaging in the very tactics used by the philotroll, and so forth.

Quote:

Quote:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Tooth Fairy [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4731541 - 09/29/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4731559 - 09/29/05 02:22 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Sent to: Swami
Subject: Your Account has been Banned from the S&P Forum

Duration: 15 Days

Reason: Persistence in fueling the drama accompanying
your previous bans, specifically in S&P, by attempting to mock
the moderators of the forum with your thread re: "The Tooth Fairy"

Had this thread been made by a new user without your history,
it likely would be overlooked. In the context of recent events,
and being that the thread in question has little to do with
Spirituality or Philosophy but rather much more to do with
testing the the rules, guidelines, and politics of this community
- the thread is inappropriate, has been locked, and you will
not be welcome in the S&P forum until you understand that
this is precisely the type of behavior we are looking to avoid.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology