Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

First breakthrough with salvia
    #4727665 - 09/28/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

I've tried salvia a couple times in the past, but looking back, I wasn't really smoking it right, so I never really got much from it.

Anyways, I got some 10x standardized extract recently, and decided to try it out today. I pinched out about .1 g, packed it into my bowl (glass bat), turned the lights off, put on some calming ambient music, and laid down in bed wearing comfortable clothes.

I proceeded to light it with a regular lighter, inhaled until it was cashed, closed my eyes and counted to 30. By the time I exhaled and opened my eyes, I could feel it starting to wash over me pretty rapidly. I thought I had prepared myself adequately, but the experience took me by surprise.

Immediately my face was being pulled back, forcing some weird ass expression that I could see in my mind as a sort of fucked up, bulbous smile. It was all I could see in front of me, my own distorted face staring back at me, even with my eyes open. This went away pretty quickly. I then started to sink into my bed, and my bed also began to sink into the floor.

As I lay on my back, I could start to feel the presence of other people directly above me, looking down on me, examining and laughing at me, as if I were the subject of some strange experiment. I started to see them looking at me, but it's hard to distinguish between feeling their presence and actually seeing them.

This was all a bit confusing to me, since I was in such a delirious state of mind, and didn't remember that I had even smoked salvia. It reminded me of being in a dream, in that it all seems so real because you don't know you're dreaming.

Anyway, when I started to come down a little, I realized what was happening and felt much more relaxed. My room became a cave (because of the tribal background music maybe?), with the light source (my computer monitor) shining through the entrance like the sun, forming bizarre shadows on the wall. Moments later, I got up and felt almost completely normal again. The total time elapsed was less that 10 minutes.

There is so much that happened in the first minute or so that I either can't remember, or can't put into words. Now that I have an idea of what to expect, I'll try again in a couple days with a slightly larger dose, and hopefully I'll remember more of the peak.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: First breakthrough with salvia [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4727757 - 09/28/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah! :thumbup:

Congrats!  Strong and short just like I like it.(tripping that is!)

Cool post!

Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: First breakthrough with salvia [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4729740 - 09/29/05 04:47 AM (11 years, 26 days ago)

Those first breakthroughs are certainly very strange and unexpected!

You might want to try keeping your eyes shut to get a more intense breakthrough with less confusion - I use an eye mask to blot out all visual information.

Also, don't worry about upping the dose, Salvia has a reverse tolerance - the more you smoke, the less you need to breakthrough!

"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Edited by theorganicdomino (09/29/05 04:49 AM)

irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: First breakthrough with salvia [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4729981 - 09/29/05 06:41 AM (11 years, 26 days ago)

slightly smaller dose if you want to remember

Re: First breakthrough with salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4775389 - 10/09/05 02:43 AM (11 years, 16 days ago)

you need an eye mask? sometimes salvia actually kind of "forces" my eyes shut, and I start doing this REM type thing and dream.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports