Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Strange orange shit in my jars
    #4727195 - 09/28/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

Hmmm, I don't know if ut us considered cheating, but after posting this in the cultivation forum I remembered there was a contamination forum, so here I copy and paste my problem:

Hello, from the 10 jars I inoculated 7 bgan showing signs of myc growth. The current state is one completed (dont know for how long can I keep it that way since the other ones are advancing slowly), and two more that are almost completely colonized. The other 5 have apparently stopped their growth and are getting a more solid consistency and have lost the bright white color for a brown/orange with white. What the fuck is wrong with them? Can I (still) do something for them or just discard them?

I suppose that with 3 500 cc jars I can make 2 casings alright. But I would like to rescue my other children if possible. If not, can I recycle the jars?

Too many and dispersed questions, please focus and try to answer all... bye...

Hmmm, with time I oculd do this but now the kids are resting at a friends house who's camera has very bad resolution. I can tell you though, that the mass of what used to be healthy myc suddenly caught a consistency like clay or smething (you know, from the outside is difficult to give precise descriptions). The color all around them has changed to a dark orange, in one who was especially larger you can see some spots even. Strange shit. I dont know if I'll be able to take pictures for you. I hope there's some wise mycophile out there who can help me up.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum