Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepolishsausage
Stranger
how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect?
    #4724891 - 09/28/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i took themm with in three days of each other but second time i took double and it still didnt do to much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMADPANTSDOME
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: polishsausage]
    #4724922 - 09/28/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im kind of curious about this too. Ive heard it takes like 5 days but ive never really wanted to take mushrooms more them once a week. Anyone tried to keep there high up I would like some feedback as well.

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: MADPANTSDOME]
    #4724949 - 09/28/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Wrong forum try the Psycodellic Experience Forum. But ive heard 2 weeks. But in personal experience ive tripped for 3 days straight, just have to keep upping the dose.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: polishsausage]
    #4725012 - 09/28/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"There is a short period of tolerance after Mushroom use. Using Mushrooms two days in a row is likely to lead to a diminished experience the second day, though spaced 5-7 or more days apart, this effect is nearly non-existent." - Excerpt from Erowid found HERE.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: FooMan]
    #4725779 - 09/28/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Two weeks is a good time to wait. One week can work, but there will be a little left over and if you keep doing it, it can get to you. Low dosages on the weekend every week, taking a break every now and then works.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4726089 - 09/28/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've read to wait 3-4 days for your tolerence to go down again.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #4726100 - 09/28/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Technically I believe it is 3-4 days, but you really shouldn't trip that much, IMHO.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4726610 - 09/28/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Keep in mind that all of the above posters speak about bodily tolerance.

Its quite of a trend for people to ask "how often can i trip" in the fashion of "how often can i trip without bodily tolerance"

Search the forums ,you will find about 300 or more entries with this question,i think its also in the FAQ (if this wasnt in the FAQ what would be?)

You will also notice the lack of people talking of psychological tolerance. Yes,the tolerance of your body might have tappered down in 4-5 days or completely in one or two weeks.But the question remains: Would you like to trip THAT much? Maybe by tripping that much you get so acquainted to the effects that the experience becomes a common place (psychological tolerance) and has nothing new,nothing exciting to offer apart from the visuals.Hey,maybe even the visuals become commonplace! Also depending on the personality you may become so used to it psychologically that you will crave it in order to have a good time,in the sense that "no party ,no concert is amazing without them" .Then we could start speaking of psychological dependance, something you dont want to go into.

Its your choice really,it also depends on how and why you use them (for my school of thought ,using it once every two weeks is A LOT. Others cant say that they spend a good weekend without being from friday till sunday under the influence of whatever psychoactive. Its your pick :wink:

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4726873 - 09/28/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Once per month can even ruin it as far as it being a perpetual learning experience.
In my experience most often your average-joe who ends up taking it too often never really gives in to the possibilities, and never gets the point.
Often those people can keep eating massive amounts per week or month for years, and the more serious visionary aspects thus evade them. Some can take it often for some time and usually stop doing so, because it got more intense(usually not in a visual way(less if anything)),they knew what they were doing and were never even remotely put off by the diminished body high.
One thing thus far not mentioned, is that if you really know what your doing and understand the interesting and life changeing after effects of shrooms(months after even). You can appreciate how much harder the mind job "can" be when you take it more often. This subject is interesting, but is a clusterfuck of a answer to an honest question if said right. I dont have the time for that.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how 0often can u take mushrooms and still get the full effect? [Re: stemmer]
    #4726900 - 09/28/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

If the mind vs body high had ever been more well defined, and had less to do with each other, the answer would be easy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies