Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
bong cleaning
    #4694716 - 09/22/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, first let m appologize for bringing this up again but I couldn't find the old thread in a search, so here's the situation, I got some rubbing alcohol/salt mixture and I've swished it around in the bong for awhile, it did help, but now 2 questions.

1. There's still crud all over the inside of my bong, how do I get that out? (there's no possibly way to get a pipecleaner or anything inside it)

2. how can I be sure that there's no rubbing alcohol left inside? (I don't want to try lighting a fire, in it as the chamber dosn't look like it'll let heat out very well and I don't want to crack the glass)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: bong cleaning [Re: StickyWater]
    #4695179 - 09/22/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Like I suggested in the earlier thread, a natural solvent that you buy at the health food store (if they sell cleaning products)  will work absolute WONDERS.  Not to dispute the results of others, but rubbing alcohol/salt has never worked for any of my glass.  Only the cleaning solvents (not to sound like a broken record, but it really does have to be all natural, you don't want the fumes or residue from industrial chemicals in your lungs) get all the crud out of glass. 

Oh, and invest in pipe cleaners.  Yes, they really are useful beyond arts and crafts projects. 

Oh, and if you had a bong with plastic in it, then forget everything I wrote, since strong solvents will melt petroleum by-products on contact (pour some on your enemy's laptop if you doubt me!) :fire:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: bong cleaning [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4695245 - 09/22/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, the alcohol is deffinitely working (almost got my bowl completely clean, looking more or less brand new) I have pipecleaners, but as mentioned in the earlier thread, the bong's an awkward shape for them, I'm going to try soaking it in the alcohol a little longer and trying the salt thing again, otherwise just shrug it off and know that at least it's a lot better than it was. Any idea how to make sure I get all of the rubbing alcohol out? I'm thinking may run some hot water through it for a bit, let it dry, then light something thin on fire and stick it down the into the bong and see if it catches fire, or would this not be an accurate way to tell? Or is it just a bad idea. This is actualy my first bong and I got it second hand from a friend, so I'm new to cleaning and mantaining them.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
    #4695296 - 09/22/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just clean it a few times, should have more and ore come off each time until its pretty clean. The alcohol will evaporate out, just run warm water through it after, then cold to cool it down, and blow steadily through it..after a few minutes, slowly hit or smell it a little, youd smell/taste any fumes if residue is still left but it should only take a little bit for the alcohol to evaporate with you blowing through it after being washed out.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: bong cleaning [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4725747 - 09/28/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Figured I'd bump this for a silly question (which is related).

A friend of mine once had a VERY basic 2 ft. glass bong. (No colors, or bulges or bubbles etc., just a perfect cylinder).

The cool thing was however, you could unscrew the base, and the end had a cap on it. Thus, when you needed to clean it, you could unscrew the base (near the stem) and get much easier access to the "grungy" end. Since the bong was plain as can be, it was cheap too.

Such a simple solution to the problem of cleaning. Anyone know where I could get one? (Or even come across this type of piece before?)

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlineixitwistedixi
The TwIsTeD One

Re: bong cleaning [Re: badchad]
    #4725783 - 09/28/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds cool, but no ive never even heard of that. - Actually now that i read it again ive seen many Acrilic bongs like that but still never a glass piece.

OfflineThe14thWarrior
The Shootist

#4725874 - 09/28/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like using white fuel. Colemans works great. Some warm white fuel (steam bath, 180 degrees) into a glass(!) bong thats already been warmed with hot water does a great job. Put in some salt and it realy scrubs it out.

Now, after I've done that and gotten all of the gunky resin out, I like to make sure I don't breath in any fatal hydrocarbons (thats just me! :P) I use hot soapy water and it gets rid of the last of the NP solvent. Then just wash it with nice hot water to get rid of the soap. EEennnnjoy that clean bong.

I like using my ultrasonic cleaner with a np solvent for head pieces and small glass pieces. Works great.!

--------------------

Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: bong cleaning [Re: The14thWarrior]
    #4726343 - 09/28/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Oh, and if you had a bong with plastic in it, then forget everything I wrote, since strong solvents will melt petroleum by-products on contact (pour some on your enemy's laptop if you doubt me!)" Hahaha, I poured some on my iPod case once, not thinking. It's all melted with dirt and stuff in it now, haha defenitely don't do that.

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: bong cleaning [Re: b1tH]
    #4726709 - 09/28/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just put alcohol in it with a pipecleaner works perfectly on my bubbler.

--------------------

OI OI OI

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale