Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Water forming inside the jars
    #4717333 - 09/26/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well its been about a week and 3 days since inoc and the jars seem to be forming droplets of water inside and the ones with more mycelium seem to be starting a slight pool of water at the bottom of the jar. I flipped over the jars that had the most water (which still isnt much) and hopefully that will help something. Is there anything else I can do and is the mycelium getting affected by the water forming? what can I do?

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

My Print/Syringe Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: Water forming inside the jars [Re: Smartweed]
    #4717425 - 09/26/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Your fine, they seam to be a little to wet, which can help Contams, pics would help. All of my jars accumulate water on the sides. They turn out good, in-fact if there isn't a little water in there i get kinda worried.

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

#4717427 - 09/26/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think the flucuation of temperature from 78-81 from change in temp between night and day. So that might be causing condensation in my jars. Can it damage the mycelium?

Edit-
Ive also noticed that some mycelium that was originally milk white turned a little clear because of the water. hope it didnt hurt it at all.

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

Edited by Smartweed (09/26/05 10:17 PM)

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
    #4717545 - 09/26/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You theory makes since. I Would like to see the jar so we know how much water were dealing with.

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Water forming inside the jars [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #4717733 - 09/26/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My digital camera is lost at the moment  :sad: I will find it soon.

However there isn't that much water in the jars. I actually had to tip it to the side to see the water gather at the bottom so I just decided to flip over the jars that would do that. It was 5 jars in total the other ones just have small droplets of water.

--------------------

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4718819 - 09/27/05 07:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

seeing little water droplets in the jars during colonization is normal, you have nothing to worry about.

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Water forming inside the jars [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4724836 - 09/28/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well the water droplets are getting bigger and there seems to be lots of condensation activity in my jars. Im hoping this isnt gonna hurt the mycelium at all.

--------------------

OfflineMADPANTSDOME
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4724877 - 09/28/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think thats a good sign if your going the route of cakes. If its too wet sometimes the mycil does not make it all the way to the center. Im sure your jars are extreamly healthly.

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Water forming inside the jars [Re: MADPANTSDOME]
    #4724882 - 09/28/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks mad makes me feel a little better.

The only thing I notice though is that the mycelium is getting affected a little too much by moisture cause its getting more clear than white at some spots.

--------------------

OfflineMADPANTSDOME
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4724908 - 09/28/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

LoL soon enough you will see that your cakes will be the ownage. that extra white is just mycil fuzz building. Ive made cakes that where so muddy the spores didnt even go into the cake they just sat on top and they turned white just like your saying they just took 1 month to colonize. Even if muddy the mycil will tighten on your substrate and form it into a cake. The mushrooms know what to do.

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: Water forming inside the jars [Re: MADPANTSDOME]
    #4728716 - 09/28/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The mycelium im worried about is the clear/white that is forming closer to the vermlayer. I can see the verm/brf straight thru it, hopefully it will get white soon.

The condensation continues.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract