Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Let's torture and kill the human cesspools that spread evil. [Re: Phluck]
    #4725634 - 09/28/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
That raises some questions.

If you personally believe something, yet you feel that others may believe different things and be equally right, do you truly believe?

My belief is that we all have some piece of the ultimate truth, and that while these pieces may seem contradictory, they are all manifestations of this greater truth. So yes, I truly believe that I know something, but that no one, myself included, can see the full picture.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Let's torture and kill the human cesspools that spread evil. [Re: MAIA]
    #4725750 - 09/28/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I apologize, what I meant there was the people who say that mushrooms should be taken for spiritual reasons, and look down on people who take them in other ways. I didn't realize I had phrased that so poorly.

In my experience, a trip with the people who mushrooms for fun is just like a trip with people who claim that they should be taken for spiritual purposes. They both talk about the same kinds of things, laugh, act sometimes goofy, sometimes serious. Just that one of them has decided that the other people are doing it wrong, that he's doing it the RIGHT way. Sometimes they'll go so far to say that people who take mushrooms for fun don't deserve them.

...and that is pretty arrogant.

What that was, wasn't the whole point of the post. That was an example of the kind of spiritual arrogance that some people have, which was the point of the post.

Any idea on how i can stop being arrogant ?

I don't think I've ever met anyone completely without arrogance, but in order to avoid letting your arrogance get in the way of the way you'd like to behave, you'd want to recognize it and know when it is influencing you.

Saying something like "I never have any arrogance at all" is like saying "I never, ever brag about ANYTHING" or "I am the most modest anybody can possibly be."

It's a natural human emotion, you can't just make it go away.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4727101 - 09/28/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sometimes they'll go so far to say that people who take mushrooms for fun don't deserve them.

...and that is pretty arrogant.

I get you now and i agree.

Quote:

I don't think I've ever met anyone completely without arrogance, but in order to avoid letting your arrogance get in the way of the way you'd like to behave, you'd want to recognize it and know when it is influencing you.

Saying something like "I never have any arrogance at all" is like saying "I never, ever brag about ANYTHING" or "I am the most modest anybody can possibly be."

It's a natural human emotion, you can't just make it go away.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Of course i know this emotion and i recognize it when it happens. Every human being is arrogant in some degree, it comes to my mind trivial conversations with friends, like the ones you talk about everything and nothing at the same time. Depending on the subject of discussion, there always has to be an argument or arguments, maybe consolidated through time, which you bring as a undoubtedly true and egoistically fight for them.

IMHO that is the nature of human arrogance at a certain level, but most important is how far do you know your ego to be able to evaluate when you're been arrogant.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Let's torture and kill the human cesspools that spread evil. [Re: MAIA]
    #4728128 - 09/28/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Coolness.

In some ways I think it's good to accept and even embrace some of the aspects of ourselves that we consider to be negative.

They just need to be kept under the right amount of control

Being too arrogant can be bad, but it also helps us develop an image of ourselves in our minds, and it's part of the fun in social situations.

Like your example with the arguments with friends, those are often playful and even part of normal, fun behavior.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4729091 - 09/29/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

However, when you believe in peace and treating people equally, letting this kind of thinking take over amounts to horrendous hypocrisy, and it is particularly rampant amongst hippy types. (Not that all hippies are like this, but the most dogmatic and self righteous tend to embody this kind of thinking).

IMNSHO..most ppl..hippies or otherwise..dont approach a problem with that attitude..but are almost immediately forced into a defensive posture by those that do..and it becomes impossible to distinguish the cause from the effect...and BTW..im a bit skeptical of blanket statements on "human nature"..as none of them has ever been proven...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Let's torture and kill the human cesspools that spread evil. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4730448 - 09/29/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Most people don't tend to think that they're better than the people they oppose?

Um... do you think you're better than "neocons"?

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4732405 - 09/29/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

>> Um... do you think you're better than "neocons"?

where did i make that claim?...

however..the neocons sneeringly assert their own imagined self-superiority right from the beginning (PNAC)..which proves my point...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Let's torture and kill the human cesspools that spread evil. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4732411 - 09/29/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
>> Um... do you think you're better than "neocons"?

however..the neocons sneeringly assert their own imagined self-superiority right from the beginning ([url=http://www.newamericancentury.org[/url]PNAC[/url])..which proves my point...

Ya, that statement doesn't reek of condescention. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4733946 - 09/29/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I'm sorry, obviously you think that neocons are just people who have come to a different conclusion than you, simply based on a different philosophy, yet morally and intellectually no lesser than you, right?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract