Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleunknown28
Chill

Loc: Midwest Swanging
More WBS problems
    #4691227 - 09/21/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My WBS jars always stall out, or takes forever to start colonizing, then stops. I soak the seeds for 12-20hrs. then simmer for about 15 minutes,Then I lay it all out on a screen to dry. then PC for about 60 minutes at 15psi. Allow to cool then inject with about 2cc's of LC. Then incubated at 84 degrees Whats the problem???

--------------------
Strains For Trade!!! B+, Hawaiian, Oakridge,Texas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexplokid
F.N.G.

Loc: ???
Re: More WBS problems [Re: unknown28]
    #4692144 - 09/21/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

dont "dry" the wbs, just let it drain for a few min. so its not water logged

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: More WBS problems [Re: explokid]
    #4692150 - 09/21/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yea

Edited by memes (03/25/14 09:47 PM)

OfflineIngSocTHC
 User Gallery

Re: More WBS problems [Re: memes]
    #4692219 - 09/21/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Also how is your gas exchange? using any thing to allow it to escape?

--------------------
"Music your, music your the key.
Talk to who, plese talk to me.
Bring the voice of the rastaman
communicating to everyone" - Bob Marley

InvisibleMezcal
    #4692691 - 09/21/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Are you getting any bacterial sour odor?

Invisibleunknown28
Chill

Re: More WBS problems [Re: Mezcal]
    #4721191 - 09/27/05 05:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No odors, I use postal tyvek for gas exchange. And I usually put it on a screen for about 45mins to let drain but it still feels to wet.

--------------------

OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
    #4721233 - 09/27/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what i do is after a 12-16 hr soak is slowly bring it to a simmer..over 10 min..then 5 min simmer...dump it on a screen while its still hot and just keep stirring it...all that extra water steams off...mabey 10 minutes of stirring/draining..load pc with plastic lid and 1 inch polyfil hole...2-4 cc...I have experienced stalling with jars that were so full that I couldnt shake them but I take mine out in a sterile area and put them in a tub to cool..then they go in the incubator that only gets hepa air.. except during shaking..The Op is in a dirty ass old house and I dont have a contam problem

your tyvek hole may be too small...do you have a knock up hole and a FAE Hole..if not you may be closing the breathing hole up with the tape?

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

Invisibleunknown28
Chill

Re: More WBS problems [Re: JSshroom]
    #4721282 - 09/27/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

After simmering the WBS don't you have to rinse it off? I just load my jars with the seeds then place a postal tyvek over the jar then I screw on the lid and band.

--------------------

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
    #4722801 - 09/27/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i would rinse but i guess you dont have too.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: More WBS problems [Re: goofy98]
    #4723618 - 09/28/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You don't have to rinse, I would.

unknown, you say you use tyvek. Like tyvek how? Single layer, double layer, beneath just a band, beneath and band and lid with x size hole etc.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: More WBS problems [Re: mycofile]
    #4723722 - 09/28/05 01:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, to be honest simmering has brought more headache and problems for AFOAF than it has good...

Here is how he does it:

Grabs a $10 bag of morningsong WBS from Walmart: 25lb.

Dumps it into three five gallon buckets. Lets soak for about 18 hours, give or take a few.

Buys like 10 square yards of cheesecloth (grocery store, $5) or mesh-laundry bag (walmart, $6). He has one of those plastic bins that you use for files. If that is not available just get a bin and cut a checkered square pattern out of it. Put it on top of two bricks or something to bring it off the ground. Line with cheesecloth or bag or whatever your strainer.

Dump buckets (as much as fits). Let sit overnight while it is cool outside. Make sure to start in the morning so the sun doesn't dry stuff up too much (this guy lives in arid environment, we are talking dry here....so don't worry about it getting too dry)

Load into jars and pc them biotches.

Now, these jars are used for spawn. If you are trying to fruit, they don't really have enough water at this point to support great flushes. However, it has become a failsafe method for this guy. NEVER looses a jar.

A note about that water content: if you want to fruit with it, just mix in the verm when you dump from buckets to straining bin. Then get a hose and hose it down. This is a nice rinse for the WBS, and it will hydrate the verm. In the morning, things will have dripped to a nice capacity.

Or add verm after the drip, just make sure you don't get it too wet or you will screw yourself. Either way the verm will supplant the water you are trying to gain through simmering.

IMHO, simmering pops grains too often if you aren't careful, and gives rise to over-hydrated substrates. A lot of people have great success with simmering...but thats because they got the process down. I would suggest my FOAF's method if you are struggling to find any success...then tweak it to where you want it.

Good luck. Keep us posted, hang in there.

PS he uses tyvek with one hole, four inoculations points. Seems to do nice job with the air transfer, I only have to use one band-aid for covering the needle hole, and keeps the substrate nice and moist in small mouth QT jars.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags