Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMych
Stranger

Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier
    #4723585 - 09/28/05 03:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have been trying to think of a better way to utilize the extra humidity of an ultrasonic in a better way than the standard ultrasonic humidifier that we all use.  It just puts out way too much humidity for what we want, and it takes up even more space!  Space is a big factor for me
i decided that a small ultrasonic fountain device would fit INSIDE the  vic's humidifier.. some really cheap ones can be found here:

http://mainlandmart.com/foggers.html
http://mainlandmart.com/fogger1.html

add $3 and you have a mist governor: "It consumes lot of water when fogger is running, if you feel like to reduce the amount of fog, the Mist Governor can help you with 3 interstage adjustment."
this could be great for reducing the fog output when using a timer isnt quite cutting it.

a $4 bouy might be worth it if you have a deep resevoir in your humidifier too.

and dont forget spare discs for $3.. most of the humidifiers we use dont have replacable discs :smile:

I think i may buy some of these and see how they work in my impeller humidifier.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDeus Fungorum
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Abyss
Re: Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier [Re: Mych]
    #7300293 - 08/16/07 10:19 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

That's the exact same setup I have. Fogger inside Vicks Coolmist. I've also drilled a hole into the bottom side of the coolmist, added fittings and a hose, and have it running level into a large rubbermaid container which acts as a reservoir. The rubbermaid is only about 7 inches tall since it being higher would just be a waste of space. You can only fill it up so much. I have it marked exactly where the coolmist limit is. The coolmist was leaking water out the sides of the cracks where the lid comes off, so I sealed the whole thing with silicone. Probably something they're notorious for I'd assume. I just fill up the reservoir when I need to. The only time I could see having to open up the coolmist would be to replace the disc on the fogger once it wears out. I also have an air-stone in the reservoir hooked up to an air pump to circulate water. Pretty cool I guess. My friends in the FC seem to like it.

Lol I realize I'm submitting this to a message that's about two years old, but I thought I'd do it anyways for those who search posts.

Offlinefungusfun1
DayTripper

Loc: Out There
Re: Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier [Re: Deus Fungorum]
    #7302287 - 08/16/07 10:13 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

hey guys any way u could post a pic of ur setup? which size mister are you using? thanx...

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier [Re: Mych]
    #7304901 - 08/17/07 02:59 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:mushroom2:
Quote:

Mych said:
I have been trying to think of a better way to utilize the extra humidity of an ultrasonic in a better way than the standard ultrasonic humidifier that we all use.  It just puts out way too much humidity for what we want, and it takes up even more space!  Space is a big factor for me
i decided that a small ultrasonic fountain device would fit INSIDE the  vic's humidifier.. some really cheap ones can be found here:

http://mainlandmart.com/foggers.html
http://mainlandmart.com/fogger1.html

add $3 and you have a mist governor: "It consumes lot of water when fogger is running, if you feel like to reduce the amount of fog, the Mist Governor can help you with 3 interstage adjustment."
this could be great for reducing the fog output when using a timer isnt quite cutting it.

a $4 bouy might be worth it if you have a deep resevoir in your humidifier too.

and dont forget spare discs for $3.. most of the humidifiers we use dont have replacable discs :smile:

I think i may buy some of these and see how they work in my impeller humidifier.

I've been doing this , and recommending it to peeps for years

Gives a great blast of humidity whenever needed

Doesn't require any extra piping either:thumbup:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman

Re: Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier [Re: HippieChick]
    #7304933 - 08/17/07 03:09 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

As always Hippie Chick kicks ass :rockon:and as usual I have a question or two for her;)

I too have a question though,maybe next time I grow I will include an ultrasonic for the sheer coolness factor of having a mist filled greenhouse:yesnod::thumbup:

I have always ran my cool mist on the bottom shelf,wouldn't this render the ultrasonic useless seeing as the fog seems to go downward,and if I relocated it to the top shelf how do I go about making it not gust water log the casings underneath it

--------------------
Cake makers please read this before you waste more time/effort >>
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6236058/an/0/page/0
My LC tek >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7320516/an/0/page/0

""THEY CAN NOT KILL ME,I STILL WALK THE EARTH,WEAKENED BUT ALIVE.THEY HAVE TAKEN ALL FROM ME BUT THE BEATING OF MY COLD DEAD HEART.
THEY WILL NOW LEARN OF FEAR,THESE MEWING BABIES WHO THOUGHT THEY COULD DESTROY ME.
I HAVE REGAINED MY POWERS AND SHALL COME TO THEM IN THE NIGHT........

MY VISITS SHALL NOT BE KIND !! ""
:vampire: BlutJager :vampire:

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier [Re: Blutjager]
    #7307850 - 08/18/07 04:28 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
As always Hippie Chick kicks ass :rockon:and as usual I have a question or two for her;)

I too have a question though,maybe next time I grow I will include an ultrasonic for the sheer coolness factor of having a mist filled greenhouse:yesnod::thumbup:

I have always ran my cool mist on the bottom shelf,wouldn't this render the ultrasonic useless seeing as the fog seems to go downward,and if I relocated it to the top shelf how do I go about making it not gust water log the casings underneath it

Well , I tried putting a cool mist in a green house before and didn't like it . Took up valuable tray space . I tried it on the top and everything on the top and second shelf got soaked .

A good way to see how well your cool mist is getting to everywhere would be to place the US it and see how much the mist fills your FC .

Mine fill it very evenly

I have two inlets to the GH , one located above the top shelf and the other above the . third .

I check my FAE by turning off the US and seeing how long it takes for the fog to clear after the GH is completely fogged over . I mean fogged to the point where planes wouldn't be landing:grin:

This pic was at 5 minutes

still a little foggy

This one at 10 minutes

Clear . So I figure a rough estimate is I'm getting 10 FAE's per hour .:thumbup:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Invisiblejoshua m
Not a NoOb
Male

Loc: MiD wEsT
Re: Adding ultrasonic to a Vic's impeller humidifier [Re: HippieChick]
    #7376738 - 09/07/07 12:49 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Do you cut any holes in the sides or any thing on your GH I have the same gh with a vicks cool mist impeller. And a reli on ultra sonic. Where is the CO2 vented I don't see any holes or any thing AHHHHH help

jm

--------------------
We can't stop here...This is bat country!!!

Fear and Loathing is the greatest movie ever!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation