Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineXUL
vivacious
Male User Gallery
OBE, astral projection
    #4722555 - 09/27/05 11:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So last night I was high as ever, and I came back to my dorm, sat around for a little, then put on some psy trance on my headphones, and then layed down in my bed to meditate.

Usually when I meditate im not sure if its working, but I think Im making progress. Well anyway I was listening to sharigrama-mexican mushroom and through the whole song, each phase would be like a different mood swings.

Then it happened. I was doing a breathing meditation, concentrating on the air going in and out of my nose. I then got a bad itch on my foot, so I started to focus on the itch and realize that I could surpass it without itching it. Then my body started to loose its normal feel. It was not as if I was a person, but rather part of the bed, or some less complex organism, It was like I was shut off. The song was at its peak and I began to feel as if I was leaving my body and I kept in my meditation. I could feel my chest rising, and I could see a warm red light within my closed eyes. I grew an irrection (no I wasnt thinking about girls). I felt like I was going to float away I was no longer in contact with my body, I kept getting higher and higher, total elation within me. I felt so much energy and I felt that I had almost left my body, but before I could I snapped out of it, because my body seemed like it was comming back to itself, I could launch off so to speak.

I was wondering for those who meditate and or practice astral projection, if you could tell me what the sensation is that you get? Im not sure what was happening to me, but I know it was something amazing.

Also when I was done meditating my walls and ceiling were like an ocean of waves, they were somewhat morphing, Im sure this is the effects of the shrooms I took, because I get that alot, but maybe the meditation brought it out.

hmmm :sun:

--------------------
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-W.B. Yeats

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: XUL]
    #4723281 - 09/28/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I experience a numbness , from the center of my stomach, up and down first , then out to the legs and arms, at a even pace, after in the finger tips, from the neck up . And the experience ( as I have learned to percieve it atleast ) is in the minds 'eye' like holding up a mirror , and you see the image of yourself , and that becomes what your spirit identifys with, and then you see your body laying there , and go about it , the point of perception when laying down is from the nose typicaly for me, otherwise always the point farthest from the 'center' of the chest cavity -Tranceharper

edited to add ' center' in last statement, as that makes it clearer what I mean ...

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Edited by Tranceharper (09/28/05 01:33 AM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4723998 - 09/28/05 05:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The song was at its peak and I began to feel as if I was leaving my body and I kept in my meditation

Since those who claim to astral project see other places and not the room they're physically in, it follows that they should also hear other places and not the music in the room they're in.

Why do astral travelers continue to hear the music in the room they started out in but see the other places they claim to travel to? Do only eyes project and ears stay put, or is astral projection just an invention of your imagination and doesn't really exist? :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: Diploid]
    #4726987 - 09/28/05 08:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. Best book on astral projection/OOBEs. You'll see astral projection is "real."

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4727537 - 09/28/05 10:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"or is astral projection just an invention of your imagination and doesn't really exist? "

saying astral projection doesnt exist is like saying dreams dont exist.

oh and to main poster: what you experienced doesnt sound like an OBE.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Edited by Moonshoe (09/28/05 10:54 PM)

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4727556 - 09/28/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

When i had an OBE i didn't hear what was going on the room. I heard what sounded like radio static and two distinct female voices talking. There were no females let alone anyone else in the room at the time. However the room looked normal but had a strange glow to it. :shrug:

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4727615 - 09/28/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've only had one successful OBE but here's what it feels like to me as it comes on:

First my normal body proportions start to morph and change. I can no longer tell where parts of my body end as they go numb. As that happens my awareness no longer covers my complete body but becomes flexible and variable. For example if i'm laying with my palms facing up, it may feel as if my hands are actually facing down. Usually i feel my awareness shrinking smaller and smaller to a single point focused where the "third eye" is. Then my hearing fades out and is usually replaced first by a constant high-pitch and then a deeper electrical buzzing noise, along with a buzzing sensation throughout my body. At about that time is when "detachment" is supposed to take place, but that only happened once for me.

OfflineHBS
Male

#4727646 - 09/28/05 11:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the same thing happens to me sometimes when i meditate, especially when im getting acupuncture ... the energy flows so much more direct with acupuncture, it seems ... im a big advocate of it

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5629994 - 05/14/06 10:39 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Neat!

:bump:

How are stuff going now?

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: Gomp]
    #5630190 - 05/14/06 11:14 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I've done astral projection on Calea (the dream herb). Right After I come back from it there is an incredibly loud electrical ringing in my ears and my body feels like it's vibrating. Pretty much what Moog said

--------------------

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #5630399 - 05/15/06 12:09 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

i think i'll chime in here. i haven't been able to do astral projection yet, tho i havent really tried (i mainly try to enter my dreams by keeping my mind awake..) i usually do breathing techniques while falling asleep, because my mind usually doesnt want to calm down i count breaths to focus. anyways, after about ~100-150 i too get the numbness feeling. my body becomes numb and i feel like a part of the bed; it usually starts from my toes and climbs upward. i usually don't get past this stage, yet sometimes i'll get sensations of rising up a little, or that "something is about to happen". hard to explain.

tho on a side note.. i tend to get some weird pressure/feeling in my head, like my entire body is now concentrated there. feels like something is pushing against my eyes sometimes.

again on another side note: have you slept with psytrance playing? i've experimented with this and found some interesting things. if i sleep with psy playing on my stereo, i have very vivid dreams. i did this one night then the next night i went without psy, no vivid dream. the next day i put on psy again, and low and behold i had another vivid dream. it seems (to me atleast) that sleeping with psy playing induces them. theres some noticable effects from psy when i do the breathing techniques described above. i may have to work on some very long hypnotic psy tracks that one can sleep to :smile: that would be something... hehe

anyways here are some links i found that you may find interesting:
http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html
http://www.mach1audio.com/out-of-body/techniques/index.html
http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/index.html

quick excerpt: "Internal vibrations and sounds are often the early indications of an approaching out-of-body experience. I refer to the inner sounds and vibrations as the vibrational state. These vibrations are commonly reported to begin at the head, neck and stomach area and spread throughout the entire body" yup :sun:

good luck to you all!

Offlineravin0ff
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: pH_]
    #5630891 - 05/15/06 02:30 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Listening to music is not meditating.

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: ravin0ff]
    #5633876 - 05/15/06 07:22 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

no?

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: Springs]
    #5995038 - 08/25/06 05:18 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

obe and astral projection are not the same thing very diffrent infact

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #6000702 - 08/27/06 05:04 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i've been very close to astral projection before. i smoked some calea, which is supposed to be good for astral projection, and then started meditating, focusing on that slight ring in the mind. my feet went numb first, then legs then hands. i got the feeling that my body was asleep, but my mind was awake. i felt like i could almost get my consciousness to get up, but i was still a little attached to my body. then the chorus to that johnny cash song popped into my head that i had played earlier in the day, you know the one, don't bring bring your guns to town son, leave your guns at home bill, don't bring your guns to town, and i lost it. once i lost it i got up and my hands were completely asleep, it took a couple of minutes before i had feeling in them again. does it sound like i was almost there? i think with a little bit of practice i can get further along. one question though, should your eyes be closed the whole time, or should you open them at some point, or when you get there are you beyond opened or closed eyes and it doesnt matter?

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6003654 - 08/28/06 02:04 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i've had many obe's throughout the years. for me it happens through lucid dreaming, never just by laying down fully conscious and willing it to happen, unfortunately.

this is a subject that has seriously interested me since i was 16 and im 34 now.

in a lucid dream i focus on willing myself to fly, straight up. keep going up. if the scenery changes keep flying up. eventually, if im lucky i come to a conscious awareness of myself laying in bed, eyes closed, but in a state of paralysis.

the next step is to recall the sensation of flying i just experienced and will myself to fly straight up again.

if im lucky i feel a build up of energy as the sensation increases till there a unique type of 'explosion' when i feel my consciousness disconnect from my physical body.

in these circumstances i always see the room as it is and my body lying there. i always try to remember not to focus my attention directly on anything, especially my body, and try to sort of view things peripheraly. this keeps things calm so it can last.

the key to getting out is physical paraysis. i've found if i dont fly straight up and try to just roll out of bed i do disconnect but there is alot of lethargy and no facility in movement like when i fly straight up.

in the lucid dream if i dont fly straight up i usually stay in a lucid dream and dont come back to my paralysed body lying in bed.

at any time from a lucid dream i can lose it and it doesnt happen, thats why i say 'if im lucky'. for me i'm successful about 1 in every 10 lucid dreams, maybe 2-6 times a year, unfortunately not as frequent as i wish.

also, ive found a major problem with the whole obe experience is being able to remember what transpired. i think ive gotten out more than i can actually remember, sometimes i wake up believing an obe had happened at some point in the night but i cant for the life of me remember. the only thing ive found to help improve the memory and the frequency of the experience is keeping a detailed regular dream diary. it solidifies the reality of that realm by recalling it and writing it down, making it easier to recall experiences there.

1 more thing is 'astral projection' is, imho, not exactly 'obe'. astral projection can be had consciously through skrying tatvas, enochian squares, tarot cards, sygils or what have you. a thought ray is projected through the symbol and mental images correspond to the symbol at hand through the subconscious, its not a seperation of consciousness from the physical like an obe. but skrying does yield very real experiences that are extremely insightful. its just not a seperation from the phsical. inho skrying is astral projection, u r projecting a part of you aura, or sphere of sensation, or 'astral bidy' through a symbol, but u r still consciously inside ur body. the experience is an interaction of ur 'microcosmic' sphere of sensation with the macrocosmic astral plane. like a vesica pisces.

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: Shnezbit]
    #6005813 - 08/28/06 09:31 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

1 more thing is 'astral projection' is, imho, not exactly 'obe'. astral projection can be had consciously through skrying tatvas, enochian squares, tarot cards, sygils or what have you. a thought ray is projected through the symbol and mental images correspond to the symbol at hand through the subconscious, its not a seperation of consciousness from the physical like an obe. but skrying does yield very real experiences that are extremely insightful. its just not a seperation from the phsical. inho skrying is astral projection, u r projecting a part of you aura, or sphere of sensation, or 'astral bidy' through a symbol, but u r still consciously inside ur body. the experience is an interaction of ur 'microcosmic' sphere of sensation with the macrocosmic astral plane. like a vesica pisces.

--------------------

wtf that is sooooo not correct the diffrence between obe and astral is
obe you are on this plane of existence just not in your body.
astral you are on another plane of existence and the consciousness is out of the body. OBE IS EASY AS HELL TO GET TO
astral may take anywhere from a few months to years to even get to the astral world.

Oh nightkrawler you had an obe not astral you will know when you get to astral it is very very diffrent from this world.

--------------------

Edited by xaxphaanes (08/28/06 09:35 PM)

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #6006551 - 08/29/06 12:01 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the tip, Shnezbit. Just two days ago I had a lucid dream where I flew higher and higher into the clouds and then it still felt like i was in a lucid dream but i was in my bed again, meaning there was no seperation between the lucid dream and waking up. What happened next was I closed my eyes again and fell back into a different dream. Next time I will try to float up.

nightkrawler, it sounds like you were close. I've only had one OBE but it basically started out as you described. I had smoked Calea the night before and I woke up with a loud ringing tone in my ears. I had felt this before and panicked but this time for some reason I was very sleepy and calm so I just went with it (sorry thats the best way I can describe it) and after my body went completely numb I focused on raising my body and it felt like there was a few tugs of resistance and after a few seconds I opened my minds eye and I was floating right below my cieling. There was no sound and I felt like I was really really small. Somehow I turned over and looked at my bed and saw my wrinkled pillows and blankets but I wasnt in my bed. Apparently you are suppose to see yourself if you have an OBE so I don't know what this means - is this the difference between OBEs and Astral Projection?

--------------------

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #6006905 - 08/29/06 01:49 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i think i know what u rsaying xax. i agree that the astral is different from obe in that an obe takes place on closer to the physical plane and the astral plane is not so related.

actually the way i see it is an obe is really more etheric and can often mix perception of the physical plane reality with perception of the astral plane reality. from an obe it is possible to go into other 'astral' dimensions which are well beyond our conception of reality. this would be a more 'higher' or advanced form of astral projection, so i agree with you in that sense.

but, and as i said its only my humble opinion, i believe the astral plane is accesed through the process of scrying. the bridge to that plane through waking consciousness is through symbols comunicated through our physical subconscious. its not entered into completely in the form of astral prjection that u describe, but it is an interaction with the astral plane and is considered a minor, more general form of astral projection.

now i should mention that in the hermetic order of the golden dawn skrying is attained through staring with eyes open at the symbol being used. visions occur. 'astral projection' is the passing through the symbol with eyes closed and percieving images the subconscious comunicates. i generally mix the two terms together, which maybe is wrong, sorry. but i dont usually 'open eye' skry. here's a quote from the golden dawn flying roll 36:
"You can commence the operation “skrying” simply. That is to say, not projecting the astral beyond the sphere of Sensation into the Macrocosmos, but retaining it and perceiving some scene in the Universe reflected in the symbol which you hold, this latter being to you as a mirror which shall reflect to you some scenes not within your range of sight. And secondly, you can continue the operation by using the same symbol, and by passing through it project yourself to the scene in question, which before you had only per ceived as a reflection. The latter process will probably appear more vivid to the perception that the prior one, just as in material vision one is less likely to be deceived by going to a place and actually examining it, than by obtaining knowledge of it from a mere reflection in a mirror."

here's the link i got it from:
http://www.golden-dawn.org/gd_fr36.htm

the way to 'pass through' the symbol in what they describe as 'astral projection' is to stare at the symbol for a time then close your eyes and see its image flashing in you minds eye. you then enlarge the image and pass through it (in your imagination) as though it were a door. in the golden dawn this would be accomplished by mentally making the sign of the enterer as you will yourself through the symbol and then the sign of silence as mental affirmation that you have passed through. a vision then ensues.

your free to disagree, im just stating how i see it for myself and through my own studies.

here is another link on golden dawn techniques for skrying/astral projection and rising on the planes.
flying roll 11:
http://www.hermetics.org/gd/rolls/GDfr11.html

good luck to ya!

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: OBE, astral projection [Re: Shnezbit]
    #6014427 - 08/31/06 04:33 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Lol yea we have a difference is opinion thats for sure but thats cool i learn from shamans/pagans/buddhists/shinto's soo i tend to see things more on there level. golden dawn is a funny group i find it hilarious when people make a "coven" with pagan beliefs since it is a individual religion which varies greatly from person to person.so it is pretty much impossible to make an organized religion where they all believe the same thing.I am more of a solitary practitioner though.you should read a astral book by edain mccoy very very good book on astral projection.Oh and i will also try this skrying teknique and see if i get any where thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism