Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeaShrooms
The dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hitchhiking
Hope for Kansas
    #4722403 - 09/27/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I went out for a brisk walk to go mushroom hunting. Not specifically shrooms but I have a general interesting in hunting mushrooms as a pastime. I saw a huge white mushroom in a ranch and i went to ask the lady for permission to go inside her fence and get it. She let me in and commented on all the strange mushrooms shes seen around her house/pasture. She also gave me permission to look around a bit. On the way to the giant mushroom i noticed several little brown mushrooms on some horse shit. I am relatively positive they are liberty caps and Friday night i intend to go there with some friends and harvest around 2/3 of them (so they grow back). The woman who owns the ranch was very friendly so as long as I dint harass her to often I'm confident it will be a source of shrooms season long. :grin:  :mushroom2:

--------------------
The life of a condemned soul is hatred.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Hope for Kansas [Re: SeaShrooms]
    #4722411 - 09/27/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

lbm's all look the same how small were they

--------------------

OfflineSeaShrooms
The dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope for Kansas [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4722496 - 09/27/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

they were lil idy bitty the longest stalk wrapped about 2 1/2 times around my finger, ill do a spore print when i go hunting friday

--------------------

Offlinesekhui
UniversalFeeling
 User Gallery

Re: Hope for Kansas [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4722500 - 09/27/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I wish my fields were that active. oh well i have my cakes.

OfflineSeaShrooms
The dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope for Kansas [Re: sekhui]
    #4722518 - 09/27/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i wouldnt say active i dont expect to harvest more than 40 tops most of the pattys had 3-4 full grown msuh and lots of lil young ones

--------------------

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
    #4723599 - 09/28/05 01:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Was that Kansas, Pacific North West or Kansas, Atlantic North East? Maybe Europe or Oceania? If you are talking about the state of Kansas, good luck with those  :ashamed:

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Hope for Kansas [Re: baycafe]
    #4723622 - 09/28/05 01:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

uhh..semilanceata grow AROUND dung and not directly on the patty's...and the required amount of mushrooms for a decent trip is 20-40 specimens so please do some research before continuing. :frown:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4725620 - 09/28/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

SeaShrooms, you are all mixed up man  :smile:

Liberty Caps (Psilocybe semilanceata) do not grow in Kansas.

It is probable that what you did find growing from horse dung was the inactive dung loving mushroom Psilocybe coprophila. Not a psychoactive shroom.

Or it could have been one of many other mushrooms that can grow from horse dung. Without seeing any pictures of them (along with a written description and spore print) we will never know.

I will also note that people have found Psilocybe cubensis growing in Kansas. So it is possible to find shrooms in Kansas, but it is a long shot if you don't know your sh.t.

Research.

OfflineSeaShrooms
The dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Hope for Kansas [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4726020 - 09/28/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well they resemble the pictures ive found in every way, the only thing i havent done is a spore print which i intend to run friday, im very confident but ill show some extera caution in examining them to make sure i dont poison myself, i wish i could bring a picture but i dont have a way of linking our digital camera to the computer currently

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds