Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenonick
Stranger

are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to?
    #4721945 - 09/27/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking about different groups of people today. Belonging to a group means that you identify as part of a group, not as an individual. you all know the standard (high school) ones... you've got your standard ones...your cool kids, your jocks, your goths, your emo kids, your punk kids, your wiggers, your too good for any guy girls, your christians, your muslims,...and the list goes on...

well, are mushroom people (or shroomerites in particular) just another one of these groups? or are we a gathering of individuals with common interests?

what are some different ways we can determine if we are just trying to fit the "group image"? i think one big one is to look at image. how are you dressed? flannels and jeans? all black? how is your hair? long, short?

now perhaps a lot of us would answer similarly to these questions, and that may be evidence of a group mentality, or it may be evidence that mushroom people just think a like.

and i guess another big clue to an individuals submission to group mentality is found in the choices they make. do you follow a leader in your group of friends, or is everyone on equal footing? i would venture to guess that most mushroom people are not followers. but what do you guys think?

and finally, what do you think about the psychedelic movement in the 60s. were the followers of Leary and others just looking for another group to belong to? i would have to say that i think a lot of these people were just people without a political home, and found on in the hippie scene (a scene which happened to champion the usage of drugs such as lsd).

sorry if that got a bit wordy or anything. let me know

-nonick

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: nonick]
    #4721963 - 09/27/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The way I see it is you can belong to a group that shares common interests, whilst still maintaining your individuality. Just because you belong to a set or group doesn't necessarily mean you have to dress/act/think like the rest....

Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4722003 - 09/27/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

so you're saying that you're an individual. sounds good. makes sense to me.

i don't hang out with many people in real life, but i imagine that most people comprimise their own values for those of other people throughout their whole lives. its nice to think that mushroom people are above all that (which they should be, having experienced mushrooms and all lol).

-nonick

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4722023 - 09/27/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone fits into some group at some time. I personally am all over the place. I think like a hippie for the most part. Dress like a casual preppy look (catch some shit from my boys for the collared shirts, especially my baby blue ones :wink:. I've fluctuated back and forth between long crazy hair and scruffy face look to clean shaved, short hair look. In high school I had friends in every group. Our HS was chill like that though, we all just smoked pot and drank and it didn't matter if you were the biggest nerd or captain of the football team, everybody was just chill.

Everything you can do/wear/think has probably been thought of or done by someone else at this point anyway. The only people who really piss me off are these people who wear outrageous shit and walk around thinking they are better than everyone else b/c they are "unique." I say wake the fuck up and realize you are just like every other chump who dresses like a fool to be different.

So are we a group, yea sure we're a group of people who like to eat mushrooms. Is this a bad thing? Nah.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry field
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4722059 - 09/27/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I only frequent the forums, don't associate with any shroomites. None of my real friends do drugs, no one at work or in my classes does drugs. Sometimes I think I don't really belong in their cliques, but it's fun not belonging. Anti-conformity can't be emphasized enough. I wear/say/do/think what I want always. I've gone from shoulder-length hair and beard to totally shaved, pierced to unpierced, preppy to hippy all as I please. Be yourself, some people blaze a new trail and some people follow one paved for them...

--------------------
:pacman: :mushroom2:

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4722069 - 09/27/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The only thing i've noticed basically across the board at the shroomery is that it seems to be 99% white people.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: deryl]
    #4722078 - 09/27/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

And 20 something and male.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Land of Ports Flag
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4722134 - 09/27/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Im not white. More like... tan. And im half way to 30. so...there.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: Kada]
    #4722163 - 09/27/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

how'd you guess? 20 something white male here...

*thinks to self* there must be just as many 20 something white mushroom loving females out there..somewhere...

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery

Loc: strawberry field
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: nonick]
    #4722191 - 09/27/05 10:22 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nonick said:
how'd you guess? 20 something white male here...

*thinks to self* there must be just as many 20 something white mushroom loving females out there..somewhere...

good luck finding them, they're mostly lesbians or already taken...

--------------------
:pacman: :mushroom2:

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: Nashbar]
    #4722218 - 09/27/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Your best bet is find a girl who is almost perfect in all other ways and convert her over if you can. Took me over two years but my girl is finally going to trip with me. Took forever just to get her to smoke weed, but now she loves it.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Land of Ports Flag
    #4722221 - 09/27/05 10:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

There are some hot chicks that comeone here.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: Kada]
    #4722298 - 09/27/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am an individual who is part of a group.

Is that so hard?

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4722331 - 09/27/05 10:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LazyCrash said:
I am an individual who is part of a group.

Is that so hard?

well said :bow:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4722341 - 09/27/05 10:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The Shroomery is a very diverse community from what I've seen. :laugh:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #4723566 - 09/28/05 02:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nonick said:
, but i imagine that most people comprimise their own values for those of other people throughout their whole lives. its nice to think that mushroom people are above all that (which they should be, having experienced mushrooms and all lol).

-nonick

personally i think its kinda silly to assume that everybody who has tripped on mushrooms will then never comprimise themselves.

also being able to comprimise your own values for those around you is a good thing, its what we call cooperation.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: guri]
    #4723987 - 09/28/05 05:26 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

everyones in a group... you cant even be just by yourself because then your in the group of people who are by themselves.... lol

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #4723995 - 09/28/05 05:37 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

those that consider themselves as "shroomerites",
are a collective of every diversity imaginable.
& hey, we all accept that.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: 40oz]
    #4724412 - 09/28/05 10:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Really, though, I wouldn't mind being sterotyped as a shroomerite. Better than most other categories.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: are mushroom people true individuals, or just another group to belong to? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4724464 - 09/28/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What defines the individual?

Am I my job, the way I dress, the way I fuck, the things I did, the things I do, the music I like, what makes me laugh, what scares the bejesus out of me, my politics, the order I wash my bodily parts, the sound and smell of my farts, my taste in women, the books I've loved reading, my hatred of this, my love of that, any single minor detail about me taken out of context?

Labels are for canned goods

I don't believe that there's a single individual in my head, but a choir of voices instead.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub