Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboourns34
Stranger
mushrooms via US Postal service
    #4719676 - 09/27/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey how's everyone doin.

Here's my dilemma, a buddy of mine recently left for paraguay for the peace corps but before doing so he sent me an 1/8 of mushrooms without a return address. He sent it to a pseudonym so if it got here and somethin was up, my name wouldn't be on it. So I got a package slip in my mailbox today and it says I have 12 cents postage due on it. I'm looking for any advice someone might be able to give me on this dilemma. They have the package at the local post office but I have to go in to pay the postage and since it's not my name on the package, I wouldn't necessarily be able to pick it up. I'm more worried about showing my face in the post office if the package was tracked and they were waiting to see who picks it up and then it's just "red team go...red team go." Anyways, has anyone ever been in this situation or have experience with mailing shrooms through the post? Mind you this is in the U.S. so that might affect some people's experience. Any advice you can offer me would be great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: boourns34]
    #4719694 - 09/27/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If I were you, I would not go pick up that package.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4719699 - 09/27/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

same

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#4719728 - 09/27/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think there's any way in hell they'd let you pick up someone else's package. Do you?

--------------------

Offlineboourns34
Stranger
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: mockeylock]
    #4719776 - 09/27/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Okay that was kind of the vibe i was getting...im pretty pissed at my buddy for failing to put one extra stamp on the freaking package...i called them asking whether someone could pay the postage on "my package" not specifying who i was or who the package was for or my address or any personal info and they said it would be fine to pay for someone's postage. And supposedly I could theoretically pick it up with the slip, but that has to be signed by the pseudonym and since he doesn't exist if there was anyone watching they'd come to the house asking for the guy, and at that point I could be identified by the postal worker...

Male

#4719806 - 09/27/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Totally not worth it at all.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineboourns34
Stranger
    #4719820 - 09/27/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the advice guys...being an americorps volunteer, i think that getting busted for picking up shrooms at the post office would probably not shine brightly on my record. Nor would my parents be too pleased. Now if only I could figure out where I could get some around here! that and some green...

Male

#4719821 - 09/27/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck and good thinking.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#4719826 - 09/27/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

boourns34 said:
Now if only I could figure out where I could get some around here!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/Forum2

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: mockeylock]
    #4719836 - 09/27/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if i were you, i'd do it.

but that doesn't make it a good idea. hell, that probably means you shouldn't do it.

if you're gonna walk into that post office, do it with a bandana over your face, and hat on your head, and some shades. but butt-naked. throw them off. then demand the package, and be on your way out.

or... have an unsuspecting friend go in and get it. tell him you're sick at home, and really need your textbook that your friend sent you via mail.

or... you could assess the situation a bit more. what do you have to do when you go in tp pick up the package? check for dt/cop cars in the parking lot. find out if you can pay anonymously (call in from a payphone...)?

this sounds like a lotta fun. if i knew where you lived, i woulda hit up every postal office pretending i was waiting on a package full of shrooms.

good luck. let us know what happens. i hope you don't go to jail.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: entiformatie]
    #4719891 - 09/27/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would probably go and get it...just bring the slip and sign the fake name and walk out. Or possibly you could call up and explain you were the one who sent the package, and you will pay for the postage somehow, and that it's really important it gets delivered...maybe they can put it back on the truck for another attempt. If it was shipped from out of the country and arrived there in the first place, it probably was never inspected or anything. If customs had seen it, or detected anything inside, they would have seized the package and sent you a notification about the shipment. And I don't think they waste the time setting up a controlled delivery, unless they have been monitoring shipments coming in to you for a while and suspect you are dealing. But it's your call.

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: heavensgate]
    #4720631 - 09/27/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hire a homeless guy to go get it for you:)

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4720697 - 09/27/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Don't be paranoid about this.

People who work at the Post Office aren't spending their time trying to catch drug smugglers.

And customs would NOT let it get to your post office if they KNEW what was inside of it. Much less would they set up some grand scheme to get you in there to pick up the package. There is only an 1/8 in there, right? No reason for the feds to come after you.

If the post office won't give it to you because you aren't 'the guy', then explain and prove to them that you live with the guy. You have the same address on your Driver's ID, right? I don't think they will give you a very hard time.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4720719 - 09/27/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if i were you - i as well would do it, i dont see that big of an idea.
but i mean there is reason you feel paranoid.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4721033 - 09/27/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Always use a return address, even if not a correct one! For the recipiants address I would try maybe even using the correct last even if not the correct first name... Or maybe a incorrect first name and slightly misspelled last name.

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Offlineripper225
Stranger
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4721105 - 09/27/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

fuck man, go pick it up... you have no idea what someone is sending you, right? how in the world are you supposed to know what was in the box? i'd go pick it up

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: ripper225]
    #4721154 - 09/27/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ripper225 said:
fuck man, go pick it up... you have no idea what someone is sending you, right? how in the world are you supposed to know what was in the box? i'd go pick it up

Exactly!

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: deficitism]
    #4721252 - 09/27/05 05:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

id go with it as well man, just stop being scared....theres no need.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4721267 - 09/27/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hahaha, love the dramatic shift in opinion from beginning to end of this thread.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlineevolmachine
Wandering Star
Re: mushrooms via US Postal service [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4721549 - 09/27/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

go pick it up man, you don't know whats in the package so you can't be held liable for it. Plus if customs knew what was in it, you'd be notified that it was seized. No law enforcement agency is gonna set up a sting op at a postal office for an 8th. Tell them your pickin it up for your roomate who's in the hospital. If they won't let you take it, just pay the 12 cents and have them redeliver it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom