Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOwlofMinerva
Stranger
Suppliers, please think.
    #4715042 - 09/26/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I bought some spores from Ralphsters. It was my first time buying from there. When it arrives I find that the package says "RALPHSTERS" in nice big capital letters on the package, with the address. I live in an apartment and the packages that do not fit in the mailbox are left in the manager's office. Well, couldn't that manager just very easily, out of curiosity, look up "RALPHSTERS'S" (kind of an out of the ordinary name)on the internet and see right there at the top of the page "RALPHSTERs, We sell mushroom spores!!." Yes, this does happen on any search engine.
What do you have to gain from putting this on the package? I hope it's worth all suspicion every one of your customers could be under. It can so easily be avoided.

Am I missing something? Why in the hell would you put that name right on the package?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: OwlofMinerva]
    #4715253 - 09/26/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's pretty standard for a company to put their name on a return address... for a PO box it's required that your return address match the info you put on the box application... if a package is returned, you ned that info on the return address, or it might wind up in dead letters...

if your apartment manager is putting info from your mail into a search engine, you have a problem, and its a good likelihood that he suspects you're up to no good...

even if the mail came with no return address, your apartment manager can easily open the package and see what you're up to...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4715285 - 09/26/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

^^federal offense^^ isn't it?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: Taskenti]
    #4715366 - 09/26/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Your office manager can be arrested for opening your mail. But, there's nothing you can do about him googling the name on the package. Im actually in agreement with the poster, i believe when you're in this type of business you should do everything possible to make packages look as ordinary as possible. SporeSource mails their packages with a return addy of "SSC", spores direct (101?) mails their packages under the name of innersight trading.

I had a problem with my TN stud package not having my apt number on it, the fed ex card that notified me had his name listed as TN Stud substrates. Definitely did not make me happy to be honest, i almost scrapped my grow op from straight paranoia, but nothing bad has happened yet. If i were you, i might wait a month or two before starting anything and watch for signs of people in your place looking for shit.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: coda]
    #4719038 - 09/27/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

All packages shipped from Sporeworks are simply marked with the return name as "The Works."

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#4719453 - 09/27/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OwlofMinerva said:
I bought some spores from Ralphsters. It was my first time buying from there. When it arrives I find that the package says "RALPHSTERS" in nice big capital letters on the package, with the address. I live in an apartment and the packages that do not fit in the mailbox are left in the manager's office. Well, couldn't that manager just very easily, out of curiosity, look up "RALPHSTERS'S" (kind of an out of the ordinary name)on the internet and see right there at the top of the page "RALPHSTERs, We sell mushroom spores!!." Yes, this does happen on any search engine.
What do you have to gain from putting this on the package? I hope it's worth all suspicion every one of your customers could be under. It can so easily be avoided.

Am I missing something? Why in the hell would you put that name right on the package?

I put that name on the package because that is where you ordered from....
There has never been a problem...
Why would your manager look up what you get in the mail?
I think the problem is in your area..not mine.

If you dont trust your living arrangements..I suggest you move.
Your apartment manager will not change my business practices...
I have been doing this for many years...

If YOU need to upgrade or improve your living conditions...Best to you my friend...
Your unusual living conditions are not going to warrant a change in the structure of the largest spore supplier in the WORLD.

We do our best...
Our boxes are sent in a video mailer....
Your mailbox is not even adaquete size.

We do the best we can....
I even KNOW we are the best....package sizes..shipping times...spore quality.

Hey bro...always try to improve.
Its not nice to get on me about your mailbox or your nosy apartment manager...

Lets be serious...

If you have a problem...dont blame it on others...
Improve your situation...
This will happen to you all your life.

If you want anything else as a return addy..please advise.
I will be happy to comply.

I have shipped hundreds of thousands of packages...with NO PROBLEMS.

I will always do what the customer wants...
Ralphsters comes up as many things here to me...
You sound scared...dont worry...
I dont think your apartment manager is part of the FBI :smile:

What you should do is tell the asshole to mind his fuckin business...
Dont look at your mail...none of his fuckin business!!!

I wont change my buisness because of 1 guy...your apartment manager...

I think the problem is in your arena...handle it.

Ralphster44

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: ralphster44]
    #4719480 - 09/27/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Couldn't really agree more :thumbup:

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4719503 - 09/27/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No offence my friend, but I have to agree with Ralph.
I get packages of donations from him all the time.
And quite frankly, If I have to worry about who sees the return label...
Then I have a problem... not Ralph!

Take Care

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4720345 - 09/27/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

when i first started my business, i sent out packages with the return addy 'Mike O Logical's Wonderful World of Stuff'

well, one of my customers complained bitterly, on this board and others...

so i had a stamp made up, that says just 'Mike'and the PO box #...

a few weeks later i got an email complaining that the PO box
matched what was on my website, and that anyone who checked would see they were the same...

well, that's just ridiculous... I'm not having another stamp made up, or buying a second box number just for return addresses...

some customers are just paranoid...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineFantasian
Stranger
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4720785 - 09/27/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

just wondering, it is atually legal for u to recieve spores anyway, so even if he knows you recieved spores you still havnt done anything wrong. And unless he calls the police right there and then and then they managed to get a warrent your pretty safe.

I dont know about the usa but over in the UK the police dont even care about shrooms anyways.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: Fantasian]
    #4721045 - 09/27/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not that I'm involved, but Ralph, some people could read your post as a little harsh.  Just to be sure they see the jewel in there, I'm going to quote it.
Quote:

If you want anything else as a return addy..please advise.
I will be happy to comply.

How freakin' cool is that for Ralph to offer?

Also, some people worry too much.  I've worked as a property manager before, and I can tell you there is no way in hell I'd bother to google the name "ralphster" EVEN IF I bothered to read it.  I'm not sure I'd even assume it was a company. 

And TN stud?  Tennstud.com doesn't even show up on page 1 or 2 if you google "tn stud"!

If you have any reason to assume your prop. manager is doing stuff like that, then rest assured they are snooping through your crib when they come to "change the air filter" or "spray for bugs".  You need to find other living arrangemnts, other growing arrangements, or at least get a PO box.

My god, what would happen if you placed an order with fungi perfecti?  Their return label actually says "fungi perfecti"!  Holy shit, everybody will know that you recieved a package from a perfectly legitimate company!

(you may want to consider incinerating all shopping bags from walmart just in case your property manager looks through your trash, they could google "walmart" and find a million posts about it at the shroomery, you'd be busted for sure!)  :grin:

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: mycofile]
    #4722919 - 09/27/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh they care here.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: goofy98]
    #4723554 - 09/28/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh, they (who?) care (about what?) here (where?)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

#4724045 - 09/28/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would prefer discrete names. Some vendors do use other names, passing themselves off as computer companies or trading companies. The problem with this is that many say they will use that name on their website! or it ends up in forums like this. So if the nosey neighbour/landlord gets a package handed to them for you they could google it and see what it really is.
I have stuff sent to work otherwise it goes to the post office which is miles away, and I have to take time off to collect it. The post comes into work and I get a phonecall from the receptionist. Nosey bitch always reads what is on it. Usually, "I have a dvd for you".
Today it was "i have a personal scales for you", it was my digital scales from ebay!

OfflinePhoenix99
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4724095 - 09/28/05 05:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why are you all so harsh on him? He's obviously right.

I didn't even imagine a spore supplier would write his company's name on a package. Not even the return adress - it's been paid for already so it's not the vendor's business what happens to it.

Most vendors advertise discrete mailing. So it's not a that ridiculous demand from the original poster.

And it's not that spores are illegal, but they are supposed to be put under the microscope and nobody would imagine he does that. If the man knows what ralphsters stands for, then he knowas the guy grws shrooms.

I don't want to be rude and I don't have anything against ralph (I realise I'm gonna be flamed anyway), I see he's very appreciated and I don't imagine that's for nothing, but your last post came out sooo arogant. "I'm the best supplier in the world and if you don't ;like that I sent you a package with "this guy grows shrooms" on it just kill yourself".

Just a personal note - I don't think he'll move just for that, he'll probably order from a vendor that cares a little more about his customers and will do something as hard as not to put it's name on the package.

Another thing that bothers me on this forum is that every time someone complains about a vendor there are some who stuff his mouth and tell him it's his fault even if he's obviously right. It happened a few times.

Now, the only thing I ask for is don't get me wrong, I love this forum and it's great, absolutely great. That's just one thing that bothers me. Try to be a little more permissive if you would.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #4724153 - 09/28/05 06:19 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mycofile said:
oh, they (who?) care (about what?) here (where?)

I think he replied to Fantasian.

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: Phoenix99]
    #4724236 - 09/28/05 07:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phoenix99 said:

I didn't even imagine a spore supplier would write his company's name on a package. Not even the return adress - it's been paid for already so it's not the vendor's business what happens to it.

Really!!!

So if you order something online or mailorder, and for some reason it never arrives, you just say "Oh well, the Vendors been paid... not their problem!"
Cool... I got a Vintage 63 Jaguar convertible, send me 30 grand and I'll mail it to you... no return addy of course, and when you don't get it, well... Tough Rocks! - I got my money. What do I care if you get what you paid for?  I'm sure you'll understand :smile:

OfflinePhoenix99
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4724254 - 09/28/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shdwstr said:
Quote:

Phoenix99 said:

It's different with spores. I thought You would imagine.
And it shows more that the vendor cares about the customer than if he writes his name and addy for everybody to see.
Anyway, the name was the main issue, not the address.

Really!!!

So if you order something online or mailorder, and for some reason it never arrives, you just say "Oh well, the Vendors been paid... not their problem!"
Cool... I got a Vintage 63 Jaguar convertible, send me 30 grand and I'll mail it to you... no return addy of course, and when you don't get it, well... Tough Rocks! - I got my money. What do I care if you get what you paid for?  I'm sure you'll understand :smile:

OfflinePhoenix99
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Suppliers, please think. [Re: Phoenix99]
    #4724256 - 09/28/05 07:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's different with spores. I thought You would imagine.
And it shows more that the vendor cares about the customer than if he writes his name and addy for everybody to see.
Anyway, the name was the main issue, not the address.

I probably wrote it in the wrong place last time

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #4724545 - 09/28/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just for interest sake I did a few searches...

Comcast search was very interesting...every hit either went to Ralphs Site or other sites including the Shroomery talking about Ralphs spores.
But the most interesting one was the 2nd entry that went to this very post.
:crazy:

Google search was the same...and so was Yahoo.

I can understand all points of view on this matter.

But there isn't much I can do to help resolve this issue.

Ralph, as a friend and a worried member of the Mushroom Community...
I humbly ask that you change your shipping label to something that isn't so noticeable.
Something like R/S would probably be a good alt.

Please!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck