Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDog_Z
Trippin Buddy
Casing from cakes that are fruiting
    #4720214 - 09/27/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I recently did my first ten PF Tek jars.

I kept six as cakes and placed into an aquarium. I am getting a small yield and a lot of the fruits abhorted, probably due to too much humidity. The fruits I noticed all have very long stems. Also I noticed they grew in all different directions with only a few growing normally (up) They are still growing, I left the chamber open to dry it out a bit and removed most of the aborts. Maybe I added too much water to the perlite.

I also did two different casings with 2 cakes each in foil pans and rubbermaid type containers. These seem to be doing better with many more fruits. Also with casings in the rubbermaid containers, they do have a layer of moist perlite along the bottom and are not 100% airtight, they still seem to be doing pretty good.. The rubbermaid lids are the kind with the slide thingies on the sides. Do i need to furthur seal them up with plastic wrap?

So can I just do more casings from the cakes that already fruited to some point. Can I just remove the pins/fruits and case? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: Casing from cakes that are fruiting [Re: Dog_Z]
    #4720237 - 09/27/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the light is reflecting off the perlite and the shrooms dont know which way is up with the cakes. the fact that they are stretching could be not enough fresh air exchange. try fanning more.

you wont have very good results if you case now. The myc network would have to re-establish itself and it may not have enough energy left to do that and fruit again. well not fruit as well as if you just left them alone and used more fresh air exchange. Cakes cant have too much humidity. Your humidity might not be high enough though. If you have too much water in the perlite it will actully bring down the RH not increase it. You should not have the perlite sitting in a swap of water. Yhe water should be barly noticible.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation