Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush.
    #4719691 - 09/27/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Aside from all off the banter and different views on this or that, I really have to admit that I owe GB thanks, because I feel that without him being president, and especially the manner in which it all took place, I would have never had a very big interest in politics, and I certainly would not have cared about history or any of the things I now find most fascinating.

I mean I was born in the Reagen era, and I didn't even have my own opinions until Clinton was president... but he was fuckin smooth, and I really didn't care what was going on. Even after the first Bush vs Gore election, politics made no difference to me... but 9/11 and the blatant lies that followed sparked my interest.

without going out on a personal biography, I really wanted to know if their curiosity in politics started from a young age, or patriotism or maybe after seeing / hearing something unbelievable right from a politician.

I can't say I would have never been interested in politics, but it came much sooner than likely.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: kotik]
    #4719726 - 09/27/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Clinton definitly started my interest in Politics, I despised him at the time and didn't think that there had ever been a worse president...until dubya took power...now I actually miss Clinton.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4719916 - 09/27/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Meet the Press got me started. Love that show. First time I watched it, I felt "informed" and loved it. Would watch it as a kid and talk about it in school and even my teachers thought I was strange. Oh well...

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: Rono]
    #4720176 - 09/27/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think you just don't like the US.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4720229 - 09/27/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My family would always talk politics around the dinner table. My dad's a lawyer, so he loves to argue. That trait rubbed off on me, so here I am, spending much of my time arguing politics.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: Silversoul]
    #4721227 - 09/27/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I turned 16 during Watergate. There was also a looming draft threat that had just expired so you bet your ass I got interested at a fairly early age.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: Redstorm]
    #4722101 - 09/27/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I think you just don't like the US.

On the contrary...I love the U.S. Amazing scenery, great people for the most part...It's just it's leadership and foreign policies that I question.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4724228 - 09/28/05 07:11 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Even though at the time there was no real threat of being drafted, I remember going down to the post office to register for the draft. There is something about going through that process that tends to wake you up politicaly.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: gregorio]
    #4724488 - 09/28/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

shit, i didnt wake up politically after I had already enlisted, done my years and left the military.

In fact it came after I started watching the news (for the first time in my life) and realizing that all of the things i had actually been working on in my field were either polar opposites of what the news was saying, or they were missing really big things that I figured were public knowledge, but its amazing how easy some things were suppressed, and equally amazing how different the war is portrayed from inside the military.

All of the security forces friends I had in my barracks went to either Iraq or Gitmo Bay.. I lived with marines, navy and air force (no army) and I guess until I actually left the military, and changed back to a civilian mindstate, I began noticing the true impact of politics (as ignorant as that sounds, just trying to be genuine).

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4724979 - 09/28/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I was in grade school when my beloved teacher came into the classroom in tears as Kennedy had just been shot. That was the start.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: Swami]
    #5478582 - 04/04/06 10:11 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I started when I got into Flash MX, I started watching a lot of other artists animation. I started watching something called Ebolaworld.com and it had a series about George Bush. I started to gain interest and read up on both sides of the issue (ebolaworld being liberal) and slowly got VERY VERY into politics. I sided with the democrats on so many issues and already dipised Bush so I decided I was on the left if you could put me on the political scale.

I found out completely how and why republicans work and made it my mission to get my crowd of friends into politics and protesting (against republican ideas anyway). I realised that republicans were pro-corporations and pro-rich and that the reason they were able to win and control, was because the people with money and power can influence those who are on the other side of the scale, and then they made up about half of America. So I started getting my friends into politics, and I slowly did, just bringing it into conversations here and there, showing them videos, asking them questions, eventually having long conversations and debates (of course Mr. Politics won them all) Eventually I had them all on my side, and we chanted in our cafeteria on the third annivesary of the Iraq War, "Impeach Bush, Impeach Bush!"

So I guess I accomplished something, since we can all vote for the 2006 and 2008 elections. But yeah that's how I got started and that's where I took it.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: You know, I really have to thank Dubya Bush. [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5479430 - 04/04/06 02:36 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

heh.. just imagine where flash8 will take you

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#5479738 - 04/04/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Some interesting insights into Bush basher mentality.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom