Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRazman
Stranger

casing vs cakes
    #4715956 - 09/26/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im still debating whether or not ill use cakes or casing..

if anyone can share their yields (dry grams per cake) for casing
and their yields (dry grams per cake) for normal/dunked cakes..

im really curious to know how big of a difference there is at harvest time..

ill try it myself and post results.. share yours now if you can please. 
:grin:

i know its such a general figure but i'd like to hear yields from all of you, cause whenever someone on here tells us Grams/harvest for their casing, we never hear how many cakes they used :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline100
Stranger
Loc: Eastside resider
Re: casing vs cakes [Re: Razman]
    #4716642 - 09/26/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im just about to do a similar experiment ill let you know

--------------------
where has all the Phencyclidine gone???

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4716674 - 09/26/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

These types of questions are coming up way too often here. Casing is better than cakes any day.

Cake:Casing:

There is no debate! Now stop asking, PLEASE!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: casing vs cakes [Re: FooMan]
    #4717027 - 09/26/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

One of the first methods of casing i ever used was SOS sea of shrooms.
AND it worked really good.  It was years ago but if i do remember i used 10 half pint cakes and had a first flush of 3 or 4 ounces dry. It was a perfect pinset. The most perfect ive ever had, you couldnt see 1 spec of dirt they were packed in so tight.

1. You take your cakes and cut them in half *thinking you have the NON wide mouth jars. 
2. Dunk all of them for a few hours
3. Line them up side by side in a bread pan.
4. Save a few so you can crumble them into the space between the cakes to make a even surface.
5. Adding casing mixture   
And thats it.         
JUST CASE THEM BASICALLY :thumbup:  Cakes suck :thumbdown:

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

OfflineRazman
Stranger

#4717099 - 09/26/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
These types of questions are coming up way too often here. Casing is better than cakes any day.

Cake:Casing:

There is no debate! Now stop asking, PLEASE!

sorry i just wanted some numbers..

Offlinebuggers
Mushroom CloudLayin'Motherfucker
 User Gallery

#4717528 - 09/26/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and try and get some horse poo. spawning cakes to horse poo works nearly as well as using grains. you multiply your available substrate by at least a factor of 4 (in a fraction of the time it takes to colonize new BRF cakes), you get WAY more shrooms if all goes well, and they are potent as FUCK, so you not only get more yield but you have to eat less to get the same result.

for me h-poo is a no brainer. if you look hard enough you can find it pretty much anywhere, and once you find it it's almost always free. (you can also buy it prepasturized or dry from a vendor here)
if you get your own, just make sure its been sitting outside for a while so its been leached and its good and dry.

Offlinekurupt
Stranger
Re: casing vs cakes [Re: buggers]
    #4717542 - 09/26/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well if you asked me i would go for caseing

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: casing vs cakes [Re: kurupt]
    #4718847 - 09/27/05 07:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There really is no need for numbers....casings will yeild 100x's what a cake will. It all depends on the size of the casing, but even a small casing will yeild more than a few cakes.

You can't ask for a number because there isn't a set size of a casing.

there is no debate, it is common knowledge that casings kill cakes on yields....period. If that doesn't answer it for you, search through the posts and look at people's pics of cakes and then search for pics of peoples casings.

What you will see are pics that are very similar to what foomanshroom has posted.

Edited by srgtm1a (09/27/05 08:15 AM)

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: casing vs cakes [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4719029 - 09/27/05 09:03 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

srgtm1a said:
There really is no need for numbers....casings will yeild 100x's what a cake will. It all depends on the size of the casing, but even a small casing will yeild more than a few cakes.

You can't ask for a number because there isn't a set size of a casing.

there is no debate, it is common knowledge that casings kill cakes on yields....period. If that doesn't answer it for you, search through the posts and look at people's pics of cakes and then search for pics of peoples casings.

What you will see are pics that are very similar to what foomanshroom has posted.

sorry i think im misunderstood

1. i know casing is better than cakes, i was just wanting to know by how much. if its literally "hundreds of times better", then a 100g harvest (DRY weight) from one cake used as a 5 to 1 spawn ratio in horse poo is achievable??? That's insane..

i have 6 cakes. I'll try 3 as cakes and 3 as horsepoo and i'll put comparison pics up with yields..

2. i know theres no "set size" of a casing. But there is a number of cakes used to mix.. it would just be interesting to know when someone posts harvest pics and yields to include how much colonized substrate was used with their horse poo...

its not necessary.. but it would be interesting for those who havnt tried either method, to see some solid comparison instead of merely going off the word from the forums "horse poo is so much better"..

dont worry bout me anymore ill provide the experiment.. ill provide the results.. because i know its been asked before so in about a month i will post my grow log of both techniques.. focused on comparison.

and those cakes in that pic look horrible ive seen better.. i dont think those pics is a fair comparison.. we'll see how mine look..

Edited by Razman (09/27/05 09:07 AM)

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4719061 - 09/27/05 09:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:shake: In response to all of that......yes.

You need to do an experiment to prove what everyone already knows?

It is a totally dumb experiment, with all due respect, that won't help show anything.

I don't care if you grow from three cakes and then case 3 cakes.  no matter what your results, it will not be accurate.

The amount of mushrooms you get from casings depends on a lot of things....one being surface area....so posting whatever weight you get will not prove or show anything,....accurately anyway.  All you will be able to say accurately is that casings yield more, which is already known. There is no "Solid" number that you can show of anything...it is a comparision that has far too many variables to show anything "solid".

The weight amount will not mean anything due to people having different sized casings with different surface area and different amounts of mushrooms, even if the amount of sub is the same.

Go ahead and do it if you want, the numbers you get won't mean anything.

The smart thing to do would be to take all 6 cakes and case them and get a nice yield for yourself.

Suggestions that people give on the forums are from people that have grown for a long time and have tried it, and a lot of other things,......they don't say to use h.poo because they think it sounds good.

Edited by srgtm1a (09/27/05 09:31 AM)

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4719084 - 09/27/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Razman said:
and those cakes in that pic look horrible ive seen better.. i dont think those pics is a fair comparison.. we'll see how mine look..

That was my very first grow using the ORIGINAL PF Tek from the Fanaticus website. This was before there was The Shroomery to get tips and ideas from and I'm sure anyone could do better. Once you get a couple more grows under your belt, you'll eventually quit wondering about cakes compared to cased cakes and step up to poo, Rookie. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4719091 - 09/27/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

In addition, numbers are very subjective. Weight will depend on strain, humidity, air exchange, etc,etc,etc. Your numbers will be pretty meaningless, even if you document your experiment thoroughly.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4719112 - 09/27/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:topicsucks: :badidea: :lame: :whocares:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: casing vs cakes [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4719168 - 09/27/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This Thread Has Been Locked

Reason: Because it SUCKS!

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag