Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant?
    #4718685 - 09/27/05 05:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well I've always seemed to be a weekly smoker at the most, usually just blazing once on the weekend, if not then every other weekend. But that seems to be changing. Over the past 4 days I've blazed 3 times. This won't continue because I can't afford it, but I still get the feeling that I'll be blazing more than once a week.

This kinda gets me down a bit because when I usually smoke weed I get FUCKED. I'll see people out of the corner of my eye talking and making noise when they aren't there, get CEVs, and "melt" like on mushrooms. Either way the second and third day I blazed contained none of this. I got a good body buzz and was giggly, still fun, but nothing compared to normal. This could be because it was daytime and I was out walking around, so I had to suppress the high, but I've got a feeling I've got a tolerance coming on.

So I've got a question for all you daily smokers out there...Whats the high like that you get now when you blaze compared to when you first started blazing? Do you think it's worth blazing every/every other day, or do you wish you had have stayed to a more moderated amount? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4718698 - 09/27/05 05:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

relaxing, back to normal.

you should try to spare it, keep it special.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4718700 - 09/27/05 05:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Weed for me back in the day is like shrooms for me now.

I used to trip out, get visuals, laugh for hours, etc. It used to last all day from just one bowl, too.

Now, I can still get high from just a few hits, but it only lasts an hour, and its much more sedative and numbing than psychedellic now.

My advice is this...if you like to be messed up everyday, then weed is the way to do it. Don't become an alcoholic or an amphetamine/opiate addict.

But if you want weed to be psychedellic and something special, smoke it a few times a month.

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #4718706 - 09/27/05 05:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

it has nothing to do with tolarance per se (is that how you say it?)
it's more like you get used to the cannabis realety and compensate...

if you sit at home all day and smoke then you won't really feel much of it becouse it's just there the whole time
if i know i'm gonna be having a STONED day then i rather smoke a shitload and get really high and then smoke more only a few hours later (again a shitload more) then smoke throughout the day

i have friends who never seem to actualy "come down" they just smoke and smoke and smoke... and belive me it takes the fun out of it it just turns to a life style to a diffrent realety (which is OK but not as fun as getting really high once or twice a day and riding it out)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4718712 - 09/27/05 05:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LazyCrash said:
My advice is this...if you like to be messed up everyday, then weed is the way to do it. Don't become an alcoholic or an amphetamine/opiate addict.

But if you want weed to be psychedellic and something special, smoke it a few times a month.

imho weed can be psychedellic on a daily basis as well...
just depends on how you smoke it (like i described in my previuse post)

but you're right about weed being better then any other drug for daily use that's for sure  :thumbup:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: Simisu]
    #4718901 - 09/27/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the differences are huge. the first time i smoked over the summer i had liek 5 enourmous bong hits. i was so stoned i was getting lost when people were saying single sentences
"travis..."
"huh..? what?"
"want to go eat now?"
"wha.. eat.. wait.. eat. what?"

:rofl: That was intense. I barely could walk. At the end it was pretty shitty cause i got in a bad thought loop. but the day after and after that when i smoked, it was about 10% of waht i did the first time.. smoking withing a few days of the first time REALLY makes it less... thats why stoners always think im lame when they hear me tell my stories :wink: I always wait like 1 week, then get blitzed and out of my mind. its way better imo than just doing it everyday

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: Limelight]
    #4718963 - 09/27/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

THC builds up a tolerance rather quickly, when u smoke everyday you're no longer feeling the trippy THC but only the sedating CBD, which is fine if u wanna be sedated, but i rather smoke occasionally, and not smoke for a while before i trip so that when i combine the two i get that extra kick!

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Offlinemcchieftan
Part man, part mushroom
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: el_duderino]
    #4718983 - 09/27/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ive been going a fair while now and I'd say its definately different... The times when your having a big sesh, you put that much more in your joints and bongs to get high and you just smoke that much more quantity wise.
It's a nice feeling to be able to man a few consecutive bongs/shotties and just sit back witha grin and let your head race rather than feeling overwhelmed. I'd say it also provides an awesome companion to anything if you do it that much: If I'm trippin esp with acid it gives me the most awesome sense of being at home, kinda like the weeds really a part of me and my life.

But, at the sametime you've gotta make sure you get shit done first, it's so easy to just smoke up straight away and then just bounce around the whole day and get nothing acomplished. I have read differently but personally, I also find myself to be much more awake and alert if I haven't smoked up for a little while...I get real hyper at work around 4/5 in teh afternoon just before I finish, altho I think thats partly because I know I'm going to smoke up as soon as I get home. At the end of the day, the main problem is the money...its quite pricey to be blazed everyday!

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: mcchieftan]
    #4719010 - 09/27/05 08:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I remember when i first started smoking. Weed was great. I could sit and laugh at a caterpiller crawling on a branch for hours.
After a few years, the weed starts to lose its magic. I quit smoking for a year in hopes that i could get that magic back. But the tolerance stayed for that long. I wish i could go back to those days when i could actually make myself believe that a reed of bamboo was a sword, and that i was actually in ancient Japan....

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4719040 - 09/27/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to cut back as much as I can, and try to keep it as a weekend thing for the most part, cause it gets you higher, it won't hurt your lungs as bad, and you can save some money. Makes sense to me.

OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4719054 - 09/27/05 09:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I usually smoke 4-5 days in a row, all day long per month. First two days are always trippy, but later on the trippy effects dissapear. It's always good to wait a while to make it special.

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #4719120 - 09/27/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

it has nothing to do with tolarance per se (is that how you say it?)
it's more like you get used to the cannabis realety and compensate..

I don't know the science behind tolerance, but this is what I've always thought. I came to the same conclusion with the come-up of Mushrooms. When something is sparsely applied you don't get accustomed to it as quick, but after doing it repetitively for a while you get used to it. Like this:

Quote:

After a few years, the weed starts to lose its magic. I quit smoking for a year in hopes that i could get that magic back. But the tolerance stayed for that long. I wish i could go back to those days when i could actually make myself believe that a reed of bamboo was a sword, and that i was actually in ancient Japan....

It's more of a psychological thing even after the THC has left your body.IMHO You just get used to living and thinking that way all the time when you smoke daily.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.....

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4719122 - 09/27/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Eh, if your going to make a daily habit out of a drug.  Marijuana is probably the best one in my opinion.

Token before work :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: baraka]
    #4719671 - 09/27/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Weed used to make me really tripped out and wacky.  But honestly, if I want to get that far gone, I'll take a few shots (hooray for being an alcohol lightweight!) or... y'know, eat some shrooms. 

Nowadays, I have so much work with college two jobs that at the end of the day, when I'm tired and stressed and angry at everything I just go outside, hit a bowl, and it brings me right back down to baseline.  If it wern't for weed, I'd probably have clobbered my roomate a few weeks ago by now. 

And to think that he's straight edge... :lol:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4721094 - 09/27/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WillieTomg said:
And to think that he's straight edge... :lol:

sXe 4 LYFE BITCH!

:whatever:

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlineboatshow
Stranger

Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4721382 - 09/27/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I usally smoke around twice a day 4 or 5 days a week, and I still manage to get really high most of the time. My first piece of advice is to buy a bong. Go to a head shop and buy a bong. I bought one a year ago and have probably smoked like 90% of the weed from the last year out of it. Why? Because it's better for you, it's more conservative because little to no smoke gets wasted into the air, and you can take massive hits. Aside from the bong,I think it's all the mindset. I almost never get really high if there's something I'm worried about, or if I have to do something after I get high. I never get high when I know I'm just going to stand around work all day. But on the other hand, if I turn on some good music, dimm the lights, relax and toke up, two bowls and I'm blazed. Another thing that has been mentioned before is making sure you come all the way down before getting high again. If I smoke again after "peaking" from another time, I never get all that high again, just sort of confused and muddled. Also, I find that pigging out, as fun as it is(damn that food tastes good!) usually kills my buzz and prevents me from getting high untill my stomach shrinks back down to normal size.

I guess in summary, to beat the tolerence I:

1) BONG
2) RELAX
3) RIDE IT OUT before repeating

--------------------
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
Dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: boatshow]
    #4722568 - 09/27/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When you have a tolerance its much more of a body high, relaxing experience with very little, to no inhibiting of stayin in the moment. When you don't have a tolerance, its a goofy, "i'm fuckin trippin out", mind/body experience.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #4722680 - 09/27/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say I have some tolerance. When I first started smoking, maybe once a week or a few times a week, it was all for laughs and shit. For the last year, being used to it in my system for most parts, 24/7, with breaks or lower amounts during the day than usual, has allowed my mind to be clear and my brain to stop racing.

I smoke mids for the good body feelings, but no, I enjoy who and the way I am this way. I have set goals for myself, which I accomplish, and I feel motivated.

It's all about respect.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Weed tolerance...whats the high like when your tolerant? [Re: demiu5]
    #4723188 - 09/27/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I still get very high, just have to smoke a bit more. And the high does change... persay. What really changes is your newness to it and your ability to handle yourself while on it. The high is still there, but like everything the more you get used to it, the less it "effects" you. I say that meaning it still effects me very much, i'm just very used to it, so it doesn't "effect" me the same.. if any of that babble made sense.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #4723233 - 09/27/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoy the tolerance more actually. Mainly because its the diffrence between getting really blazed, or getting buzzed.  Occationally smoking, I'd be waaay to fucked up to goto somewhere I have to function, like school or work...

Then again, I dont like getting really really fucking drunk either... I'd just preffer to get a buzz going and stay socially drunk  (drunk enough to have a good conversation)

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (09/05/12 09:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag