Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
If we killed Bin Laden?
    #471856 - 11/27/01 11:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

would the U.S. anounce it or keep it a secret in fear that the news would be a trigger for terroris in the U.S. to do whatever it is they are planning?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #471910 - 11/28/01 12:12 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Good question. I never thought much about what could happen by anouncing that the USA got him.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#472826 - 11/28/01 07:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

On the news today they said that they had already killed Osam's 'Right hand man' - that the body had been identified. This man was said to be as dangerous and as influential in terrorists circles as Osama himself. That may indicate something...perhaps not.

Ish

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
    #473365 - 11/29/01 08:32 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The only problem with killing bin Laden is that you could only do it once....

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #477354 - 12/02/01 05:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It would certainly be announced. The botom line is public relations, (media and the republican spin). America needs to gloat.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: puscle]
    #477407 - 12/02/01 06:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Do you actually have a problem with killing bin Laden???

Wow. We need to gloat? What planet are you from?
What colour is the sky in your world?

FYI, the funeral pyre in Lower Manhattan still smolders with about 4000 dead, innocent People on it. You just don't get it do you?

--------------------

InvisibleChronicPride
Opening my boxof meows

Loc: Seoul, South Korea
    #483060 - 12/07/01 12:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yahoo news is reporting that Tora Bora caves have been captured, with no sign of Osama...no shit...the real question is:
a) is he dead and the US is delaying the announcement of his death for political momentum reasons? (every wonder what happens to domestic, global, and moderate Arab states support if the US announces that the chief conspirator of Sept. 11 has been brought to justice (see: dead) and they try to foster support for a political and military move on Iraq? They need to delay the announcement of the death of Osama, until they've wrapped up Al Qaeda in Sudan, Somalia, and Philippines, as well as, build major political support against Iraq. Death of Osama will politically take the wind out of their sails to do that.
b)The US could've stopped him from slipping thru to Pakistan if they wanted to. They've had blanket surveillance coverage of a 30 mile area of where he was. They have either apprehended him thru Arab intelligence in the area or they turned a blind eye to Osama paying off Pakistani intelligence or sympathetic Pashtuns to get him across the border, to achieve (a), maintaining political momentum to move on Iraq, to effectively begin to resolve Middle East conflicts and the resulting oil concerns in region.

I'd like to think that the stinky fucker is buried underneath rubble with his 20 sluts, but i can't help but think that there's a lot more going on politically in this transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2 of the war on terrorism.

--------------------
At this stage of human evolution,the truth about the meaning of life is too unattainably simple for us to comprehend,as contemporary thought is too bogged down with the notion that the answer to the riddle is so elusively complex. - Tonya Harding.

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: Mklangelo]
    #483341 - 12/07/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You misunderstand me. I'm all for his death. My point is, his death will be too important to keep quiet. America wants too see his head on a stick and so do I. Believe me, I get it.

InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: puscle]
    #483569 - 12/07/01 08:42 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

he ain't dead yet

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: Lenore]
    #486606 - 12/10/01 09:25 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Bin Laden dead, Bin Laden alive. It matters little in the big scheme of things. HELLO???? Do any of you eat the shrooms? You thirst for blood? You partake of the "flesh of god's" and care about this man who for all you KNOW could be a fucking actor? Ya'll watch tv huh?

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

InvisibleChronicPride
Opening my boxof meows

Loc: Seoul, South Korea
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: upupup]
    #486818 - 12/11/01 12:36 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Excellent point...not many ppl talk about the possible notions of 'staged operations' and 'media image counselling' for political posturing and public perception. How many White House editors are going to go thru that Bin Laden tape that's supposed to be released to the public on Wed? I bet you that they contracted out the editors of Survivor or Big Brother to spin that one the right way.

--------------------
At this stage of human evolution,the truth about the meaning of life is too unattainably simple for us to comprehend,as contemporary thought is too bogged down with the notion that the answer to the riddle is so elusively complex. - Tonya Harding.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: ChronicPride]
    #487898 - 12/11/01 08:02 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Lou Reed said "don't believe any of what you hear and half of what you see." Works well for me.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: upupup]
    #488100 - 12/11/01 11:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Benjamin Franklin said..

"Freedom o the press belongs to whoever owns the press..."

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
    #489427 - 12/13/01 12:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

well um ok.....

the islamic extremist movements around the world have a concept closely resembling martyrdom and saintliness which could prove very troublesome to the US and allies. It is called Imam, i think. Imam pertains to a mythical leader, invisible either through supernatural means or by simply hiding out. If the US happens to blow up bin Laden and never recover the body, the man will attain the status of Imam. This would be very dangerous considering the mystic fuel that propells these breeds of terrorist.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#489901 - 12/13/01 02:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have a problem with killing bin Laden.

"What planet are you from? "
I am from earth.
"What colour is the sky in your world? "
The sky appears blue most of the time, except around sunup and sundown.

"FYI, the funeral pyre in Lower Manhattan still smolders with about 4000 dead, innocent People on it. You just don't get it do you? "
Oh, well now that you've said that I will abandon my ethics that killing is wrong!

Err, wait. The fact that approximately 3000 people died in New York is not enough to shake my belief that killing is wrong. So ther person(s) who killed those people in New York did something horrible. But that doesn't suddenly make killing right, or make violence a solution to conflict, or make revenge a nobel pursuit.

Some of us don't believe in either the death penalty or war, and this is a combination of the two, in a way....

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: Captain Jack]
    #489940 - 12/13/01 02:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In a perfect world we all talk out our differences while learning to accept them. We do not live in a perfect world as I'm sure you are aware of by now. We cannot talk with these people. They want us dead. We have nothing to say that they would possibly want to hear.
If they could push one button and kill every man, woman and child in this country, and probably a few others, they would do it. They would walk away, brush their hands off and call it a good days work. If you don't think so, you need to come out into the world that most people live in. These people cannot be reasoned with my friend. Of course killing is wrong. All war is an atrocitie!
If we change our policies in the mid-east to suit others, what have we achicved? After all isn't the purpose of a nations foriegn policy to serve it's own and it's allie's interests? At home and abroad? Please grant me this!
Yes we have made some poor choices and backed some folks we never should have in that part of the world. Even the most casual observer can see this.
We abandonded the Afghans after we (America) and the Saudi's helped in that cause. Can you do better??? Is it you that can solve this problem with love??

--------------------

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#490177 - 12/13/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If you truly believe all killing is wrong, you should not want Osama bin Laden to be killed.

If you want him killed, then you do not think all killing is wrong.

I realize that bin Laden would like to wipe the United States off the face of the earth. But doesn't the United States also want to wipe him off the face of the earth?

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: Lenore]
    #490180 - 12/13/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

your a fucking genious...

--------------------

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Re: If we killed Bin Laden? [Re: Captain Jack]
    #490197 - 12/13/01 06:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Let me get this right. If a person is opposed to the taking of human life, then if someone wants to kill him/her or their loved ones, then it would be wrong to take the life of the attacker? Or the one that WILL attack again? Even to the loss of greater life? Can we all agree that bin Laden is a killer?

He does not kill one at a time. He kills by the 1000's. Do you think he will stop? Has he met his quota? If I kill a person that has a reasonable chance of killing at least two more people, am I right to take his life? Have I not saved a life or 2000??? If a person kills several thousand in one day with the help of others, is it not proper to kill them? IS IT SAFE TO ASSUME BIN LADEN WILL KILL AGAIN? IS IT RIGHT TO TAKE THE LIFE OF A PERSON OR THING THAT WILL KILL INNOCENT HUMANS? IF I COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND KILL YOUR WIFE/HUSBAND AND LOOK IN YOUR EYES AND TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NEXT, THAT YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR FATHER IS NEXT, WHAT WILL YOU DO? WHAT IF I TELL YOU THAT YOUR NEIGHBOR IS NEXT? WHAT IF I TELL YOU THAT YOUR BOSS, OR CO-WORKER IS NEXT? AT WHAT POINT WILL YOU FIGHT??

--------------------

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
    #490472 - 12/13/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok here are my two cents kind of....
Now I am not as educated as many of you, high school has it limits of what is to be learned and I haven't read any books on politics(any suggestion would be good). I really feel that the attacks weren't done by a terrorist group. I think that the U.S. was behind the whole thing. People may think that I am stupid for thinking this but I dunno what it is, something about G.W really doesnt sit well with me, and I have a feeling this whole thing was a plan to get some of the things done that Mr. Bush probably wouldn't have been able to do unless something like this happened. I also feel that Bin Laden if he is not an actor, was somewhat justified in what he did. I think that his tactics were wrong though. He shouldn't have attacked a non-military target. On the other hand though, I can see why he would do this. We attacked them in the gulf war and we were sticking our nose where it didn't belong. We attacked non-military targets and military targets just as he did. basically what I am trying to say is that as a country we are no better than him. We back the descisions made by our politicians, if the majority doenst think it is a good idea then we could stop what was happening (in theory)right? Many of you probably disagree with me on this. Again this is just a gut feeling that something is wrong, and I am but a child.

Edited by blahblahblah (12/13/01 10:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag