Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefathertracy
#1 Douchebag
 User Gallery

Eating mushrooms
    #4718390 - 09/27/05 03:25 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Hey, so I'm getting ready to have my first trip with a few friends and myself. I've just got a few more questions, then I'll shut up, I swear.

As odd as it may sound, I want to taste the mushrooms. I guess I want to get the full effect. However, if it is as bad as many say, I may just taste one solo and then use something else to mask the taste for the rest. I don't really want to make tea, just because it seems like kind of a hassle, and I hate tea of all kinds. What are some good ways to eat dried shrooms without grinding them up? I've heard peanut butter, pizza, even Wendy's Jr. bacon cheeseburgers.

What do you guys think? I understand the mushrooms will have a longer, more powerful effect if I'm on an (relativley) empty stomach, is this true? Would putting them on a Wendy's burger lower the intensity of the trip? Anyway, what's the best way to eat these suckers?

PS. I forgot -- When eating them, should I chew them for an abnormally long amount of time? Or should I just chew them like I would any other, non-psychoactive food?

--------------------

Edited by fathertracy (09/27/05 03:29 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: fathertracy]
    #4718420 - 09/27/05 03:36 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

well the more broken up they are, the better/faster the psilocybin will be absorbed into your system. so chewing them up extra good can help.

and yes eating food can make your trip less intense, depending on how much and what you eat. if i need to mask what im eating i'll just munch down some chips with the shrooms. assuming they're dry the crunchyness is similar which is nice, and you're not consuming large ammounts of stuff that'll slow down the digestion of your shrooms.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: day_tripper]
    #4718425 - 09/27/05 03:38 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

they dont taste that bad, some people like the taste. have fun :smile:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #4718437 - 09/27/05 03:44 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Id hold off on the Wendy's. How much are you eating for your first time?

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: stemmer]
    #4718440 - 09/27/05 03:46 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

They are best when you taste em, eat them whole, id agree with my friend equil-guy. You can learn to enjoy the strong taste.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4718535 - 09/27/05 04:32 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

The empty stomach idea is a fact, not a rumor. Its just logic really. I dont know if its last longer, thats too involved for me, but it comes on alot harder.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4718605 - 09/27/05 05:46 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I believe eating real food with shrooms can actually HELP your trip, if you look at it from the right perspective.

TWO REASONS that I eat before a trip:

1. A lot of people DON'T want ego-death every time. Eating a little bit is going to keep you grounded, and give your body something to work with. Fasting makes your body weaker, leaving you more prone to ego-death. Sometimes people just want to have some fun, or are tripping in a group -where ego loss may hurt the trip.

2. I do other drugs with shrooms. I need the food for the comedown to prevent me from feeling like shit

BUT, when I say eat real food, I mean ONE-TWO small slices of pizza, or ONE Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.

Peanut butter is the best, though, if you DON'T want a lot of food in your stomach because it takes so little to mask the flavor/texture.

Btw, eating anything will take away intensity. If you want the most bang for your buck, then FAST. I'm not worried about supply, so I can eat more shrooms to compensate.

...nausea could always be a factor when you add food to the mix, but if you smoke herb I really wouldn't be worried.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlineswiftrance
Let there belight

Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4718611 - 09/27/05 05:54 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

great reply LazyCrash. :thumbup: 4 u :smile2:

--------------------

Offlinefathertracy
#1 Douchebag
 User Gallery

#4719258 - 09/27/05 12:21 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Id hold off on the Wendy's. How much are you eating for your first time?

A friend and I are splitting an eighth, it will be both of our firsts. Another guy has done them once before and is taking an eighth.

Thanks for the information.

Ryan

--------------------

Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: fathertracy]
    #4719353 - 09/27/05 12:49 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

when i tripped i just chewed those wet suckers in my mouth. it ain't that bad. don't starve yourself, eat if you want. im sure you will still have a good time.

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: novorua]
    #4719532 - 09/27/05 01:36 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

my humble advice is to eat something light around 6 hours before your trip. be well rested. eat your mushies with an orange and chew chew chew!
smoke a bowl while you're waiting for the come-up and don't smoke again until you start to come down.
just relax, throw out expectations and you'll have a great time. there's nothing like a first trip. and just remember if you're feeling uncomfortable that it's not going to last forever. once you get some experience under your belt you will be able to prepare yourself for making the most of your trips. :smile:

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

OfflineSherman901
Stranger
Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4720073 - 09/27/05 03:37 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

What is ego-death?

--------------------
Strangers passing in the street by chance two seperate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me.

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young 2006

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Eating mushrooms [Re: Sherman901]
    #4720892 - 09/27/05 06:08 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Remember what it was like when you first came out of the womb? Of course you don't. Nobody does. As you age, you acumulate experiences in your fledgeling memory that eventually create a concept of self. "You" are born through your memories and experiences. The Concept of Self (as it's termed in Sociology) includes everything you learn, feel, sense, and remember over the course of your lifetime. Your Concept of Self changes frequently over the course of your lifetime. It can also include some nasty stuff, like psychological trauma, bad memories, and personality quirks that even the individual cannot explain.

With work (or a higher dose if you're feeling particularly ballsy), psychadelics can eventually peel back those layers of Self. That girl who wouldn't go out with you in high school? That disappears. That bully who made your life miserable on the playground? Gone. Everything you learned in school/college? Flies away. Eventually you peel back every part of your Concept of Self (a state referred to as Ego-Death), and this is where it gets very personal...

You see YOU. Not the picture of you that builds up from your interaction with others (called the Looking Glass Theory, where you learn about yourself by talking with others, and taking a role that they find acceptable to them) but the pure, unadulterated essence of your soul. No bullshit, no hiding behind a front so others can't see you, just you and yourself. If you're unprepared, it can be like someone forcing you to experience the final culmination of your life (which is why so many people have bad trips, interpreting Ego-Death as "thinking they're dying.") Some people can handle this experience. Some people can't. There is absolutely NO shame in not being able to.

That's a very quick and dirty explanation of a very obscure, and very personal state of mind. Every person's interpretation of Ego-Death is different I've observed, but unless I want to write an essay on the matter (possible, but I have other work to do at the moment) it's the best I can do in a few paragraphs.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience