Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineparsonsproject
Loc: CO
AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms?
    #471761 - 11/27/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, here it is, I'm not going to say how long or little ive been with or married to this female, but just tonight she told me to quit shrooms. I told her no and then spent 2 hours telling her how good they were and how they werent bad. But she never changed her opinion on them... Some help guys, and I really don't want to quit :) Thanks (Some female feedback would be cool to)

--------------------
Ungh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: parsonsproject]
    #471763 - 11/27/01 09:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

whoa i have just had a "talk" with my SO also. it's quite the delemma. perhaps you can present information to her from diffrent sources, but i too would like to hear from a female on this topic.

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

OfflineEMM
journeyman
    #471776 - 11/27/01 10:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

what is your partners reasoning?

Anonymous

#471788 - 11/27/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well I am no female, but here it goes.
If her worries are based on legal issues, you can probably persuade her. If her reasons are based on morality, you are shit out of luck!!!!!
Are shrooms something you got into after you were together, or did she know going into the relationship? If she knew prior too, then you might have a chance. Otherwise, you might be giving up the hobby, but can continue to use behind her back.
This is something that should usually be worked out prior to commitment!!!!
Personally, I would never be with someone who could not understand me for what I am!!! My chic understands me, and likes me, she has never eaten them, and really doesn't want too, beyond a bit of nervous curiosity. But she respects me, loves me, and would never make such a request. I wouldn't ask her to stop something she loved, so she doesn't ask me to stop anything I love.

OfflineSlamgauge
genocide isn'tfor everyone.
Loc: Austin, TX
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: ]
    #471804 - 11/27/01 10:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

first of all how much of a shroom head are you? If the mushrooms are a problem (everyday use) then maybe you should cut back. But If you just shroom every once in a while then it seems she is the problem not the use of mushrooms. I had a girl who didnt like me smoking and I had her around for2 years, a big mistake. Eventually our difference in outlooks tore us apart. If she is worth it (which in my opinion no bitch is) then stop shroomin' or lie about it. I say fuck her though.

--------------------
TRUTH n - 1 a being true; specif., a) sincerity; honesty b) conformity with fact c) reality; actual existence d) correctness; accuracy

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #471857 - 11/27/01 11:16 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

OUt of site out of mind...Also , you need to make sure an arguement down the road won't involve her telling the cops of your hobby...Marriage is about compromise, so meet in the middle some where....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlineiono
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: egolesss]
    #471861 - 11/27/01 11:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wenever she starts talking just stick yur dick in her mouth. JP. Yeh meet sumwere in the middle. If shes reallie worried about your health cut down and try to do it without her knowing. wut she doesnt kno cant hurt her

Offlineparsonsproject
Loc: CO
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: Slamgauge]
    #471865 - 11/27/01 11:27 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, things looking better between us. She didn't like it for morale and legal reasons and I didnt try shrooms until I had gotten with her. She went from her first stand of 'i dont want you to do it at all'. To, 'I dont want you to do them your whole life'. To 'You can do them whenever as long as im there'. To 'You can do them even if im not there as long as there's no other girls there'. ---My working skills as its best, hehe--- Now she says she owes me a sorry massage for starting the fight.

--------------------
Ungh

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #472149 - 11/28/01 08:07 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'm no psychiatrist but it seems from the above post that your girlfriend's concern was based more from insecurity than from any other reason.

"As long as I'm there?" "No other girls around?"

Shit. . .. tell her you'll never cheat EVER and she'll probably buy you the supplies.

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: ChangLee]
    #472331 - 11/28/01 12:34 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Mine does, she's very good at doing manure and she even takes care of the manure temp also.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #472381 - 11/28/01 01:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

maybe she thought that when you were high on mushrooms you would become a crazed rapist and that you would cheat on her. And, by the looks of things, you can probably eventually get her to try some. If that happens, make sure it's fun for her so that she's not scared of em!

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: Brugman]
    #472483 - 11/28/01 03:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

hey all.... i am girl, so i thought i would add my two cents to this thread. obviously since i am even on the site i like to do shrooms! hehe

i have found that in relationships you have to accept people for what they are. i absolutely hate it when people try to tell their bf/gf what to do or how to live their lives. especially when it comes to something that they have never even tried. sure, shrooms are illegal, but we all know how wonderful the US gov't is. i mean, alcohol is legal and you can die from that. nature was kind enough to give us shrooms, only to have our fellow humans forbid us to have them. mushrooms have been used in so many religions and societies since the beginning of time.... but now that we're in the age of concrete, such things are forbidden.

anyway, have her read "mushrooms and mankind" by james arthur, or perhaps "the sacred mushroom and the cross" by john allegro (though that last one is out of print and rather difficult to find - try some libraries). those books explain how mushrooms have been used in all kinds of societies, and the one book hypothesizes that christianity actually started out as a mushroom cult. quite an interesting read.

anyway... she only thinks they are bad because she is ignorant about them. as long as you're not munching down every day, you are fine! have her do some research, and hopefully things will work out.

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: lissa]
    #472584 - 11/28/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

lissa, that was so eloquently put. Are you available by any chance. If so, i would like to engage in mind stimulating conversations with you.

"hey all.... i am girl, so i thought i would add my two cents to this thread. obviously since i am even on the site i like to do shrooms! hehe

i have found that in relationships you have to accept people for what they are. i absolutely hate it when people try to tell their bf/gf what to do or how to live their lives. especially when it comes to something that they have never even tried. sure, shrooms are illegal, but we all know how wonderful the US gov't is. i mean, alcohol is legal and you can die from that. nature was kind enough to give us shrooms, only to have our fellow humans forbid us to have them. mushrooms have been used in so many religions and societies since the beginning of time.... but now that we're in the age of concrete, such things are forbidden.

anyway, have her read "mushrooms and mankind" by james arthur, or perhaps "the sacred mushroom and the cross" by john allegro (though that last one is out of print and rather difficult to find - try some libraries). those books explain how mushrooms have been used in all kinds of societies, and the one book hypothesizes that christianity actually started out as a mushroom cult. quite an interesting read.

anyway... she only thinks they are bad because she is ignorant about them. as long as you're not munching down every day, you are fine! have her do some research, and hopefully things will work out."

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
    #472634 - 11/28/01 05:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It is kind of hard to give solid advise if we don?t know the depth or the time frame of your relationship. Now that that is said, here is what I would recommend.

First an fore most, you should teach her about mushrooms and its history. And if you do not know bunch about it, they the two of you can learn together. She is simply ignorant to certain things. You cant get mad at her, she has been programmed just like the rest us to believe that shrooms are bad, and alcohol is ok. Even though shrooms posses no physically addictive qualities. On that note, I would recommend two things.

My first recommendation would be to write her a letter that she will read when you are not around. You can use this word for word if you wish. Say to her:

?I truly respect your feelings and beliefs. I know you respect mine, which is why I would never tell you to stop putting on make up, or stop going to church fore example. I appreciate you concern, but mushroom cultivation & consumption is a spiritual experience for me. I truly believe that it opens a door in your mind that has never been opened before.

It allows you to see, feel, experience and think thing on different level. Try not to look at it as a drug. This is natural and is found in cow pastures throughout the world. Some people eat it as a delicacy. This being labeled as a drug is a big misconception. Yes it is illegal, but there are many reasons for that. Just as alcohol will literally kill you, poison your body and ruine your life. It has been labeled a legal drug. In order to die from mushrooms, you must eat equivalence of your body weight in one sitting. But if I drink a bottle of Absolute Vodka, I can die in a couple of hours from alcohol poisoning.

Don?t get me wrong. I know shrooms are illegal, but they are not a drug in my opinion. That?s just a big misconception. One of the reasons they are illegal is because the government does not have the ability to control the production of this food source. Which means that they will not be able to benefit from the tax revenue this will generate. And since it is used for spiritual upliftment, legalizing it would be a financial disaster for the money hungry government. They cant impose any cost or taxation on this. The constitution states that there must be a separation between church and state.

Many cultures and religions consume shrooms as a spiritual ritual. Just like people go to confession as a spiritual ritual. Although I may have fun when I eat shrooms. It is still a spiritual experience for me. It is a spiritual experience I truly believe in, and you are fully aware that. You were aware of this when I met you (assuming she knew when she met you). When people go to church and catch the holey ghost ], they are actually trippen. Which is why they see, hear and act the way that they do. Mushrooms actually emulate the chemicals that the brain produces. In essence it?s a miracle image of the brain.

So out of respect and love for you, I will not impose my beliefs and spiritual enlightenment upon you. But if you would like, I will get some books we could read to learn more about mushrooms.? (Simply get the books Lissa suggested.)

My second suggestion would be to involve her in your spiritual experience. Have her prepare your jars before you sterilize them. Make it fun for her. Make her earn her keep.

OfflineTamrylin
Loc: USA, East Coast
    #472643 - 11/28/01 05:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

have you ever thought that love, or at least a companion, is worth more than shrooms? shrooms.. really arent good u know.. psilocybin is a poison no matter what you say and it does have you.. toy with your mind.. ie, Use it wisely and when it hurts no one, you dooshbag

--------------------
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies...

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: Tamrylin]
    #472666 - 11/28/01 05:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

TAMRYLIN, she knew what whe was getting herself into before they started the relationship. So in my opinion, she has no right to tell him to chang his ways. (You cant change anyone). If she accepted him that way when the relationship started, Then she has no basis to not accept him now...

Unless she is looking for way to end the relationship. So TELLING him to quit, knowing that he would way no- is her way of potentially ending things and not being the "Bad Guy"! It will look like its his fault.

If thats the case, then it shows that she was being fake throught their whole relationship. She was only pretending to accept his ways. And if that is the case, then she doesn't deserve him to begin with. Why would he want to be in a relationship where the other person has been decietful and misleading from day one? I dont think anyone would want to be involved with a caneiving person. This is only a sign of things to come... That is presuming that she is looking for a reason to end thier relationshop!

Anonymous

#472758 - 11/28/01 06:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Brother Parson

The Parson Project is a great stoner CD, thus qouth the raven.

Heck dude, if you're going to be a wussy, you might as well dry out your penis and eat that too.

Lay low and keep it to yourself. Your old lady doesn't have to know everything.

Leaf

OfflineTamrylin
Loc: USA, East Coast
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: Phake_ld]
    #472787 - 11/28/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

the way i see it, she may just believe in souls as I do. what if she fell in love with his soul and personality, and wanted to change him for the better? do not judge what is better- it is impossible to judge but i find that a nice clue is that something good wont be embraced eagerly and has no physical advantages. It's all about the soul with me.. and many of you frown down upon that and will call it imaginary crap. youll pervert the words of someone great and make them fit. Acceptance? Who said she didnt accept him for what he is? I see no problem in trying to fix his glitches (ie, not dropping a very touchy issue for his girlfriend)

--------------------
Tangerine trees and marmalade skies...

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: Tamrylin]
    #472811 - 11/28/01 07:34 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I think that if someone really wants to have a relationship with you then they should accept you for who you are, mushrooms are part of your life, and as long as you are using them responsibly and for beneficial reasons then i see no problem with it. she may not agree with it, and you should try and teach her about why you use shrooms and a little about them, and if she still is against them, then you will either have to agree to disagree, or if the problem is too big, break up. unless of coarse you are willing to give them up.

i don't think it's a matter of which you love more, shrooms or your partner, but whether she can accept your choices and decisions. good luck

OfflineAzurepower
addict
Loc: Portland Oregon>
Re: AH! How can i tell the female I wont quit shrooms? [Re: wintertime]
    #472840 - 11/28/01 08:00 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

NOT GOOD FOR U SHROOMS? AHHHHHHHH.......THEY HeLp YoU, EnLiGhTeN u ,Bring out your true self of the SPIRIT WORLD ....................................HAVE U BEEN TO DIMENSION 8 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH................QUIT THE MUSHIES IF YOU TRULY LOVE HER SORRY FOR THAt out breakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk azurEpoweR:)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale