Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Lucid Dreaming
    #4717740 - 09/27/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone become lucid? I was reading up on this, it seems very interesting. If you don't know what lucid dreaming is its the conscious realization that you are currently dreaming. Knowing your dreaming you can learn how to guide your dreams and learn to control them. Check out this site-
http://www.ld4all.com/
They have some techniques you can learn to became consciously aware within your dreams.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepurplegreens
peaceful
Female User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4718084 - 09/27/05 01:53 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome! Thanks!

--------------------

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: purplegreens]
    #4719064 - 09/27/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have been playing with this for quite some time. It started about 2 years ago, for some reason I realized I was dreaming and started flying. I couldn't hold on to the dream for very long though b/c I woke myself up. After that, it got easier and easier for me. If anything at all strange happens, I realize I am dreaming and can do almost anything. Thanks for that site, it had some interesting things to try (past life). I decided to fly as high as I could once and got very far into space, but got pretty scared of the emptiness of it. Also try "meditating", I have never felt that kind of energy while I was sleeping.. Anyone else have any things they have found while lucid dreaming?

Another cool thing is that you can "wake" yourself if you are having a bad dream:)

On a side note, I remember looking at a magazine a long time ago that had some kind of "sleeping mask" that would blink a red light when you reached REM, signaling to you that you were asleep..

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: j_db69]
    #4720185 - 09/27/05 03:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i do all the time, but since i've been not sleeping a lot and doing too many substances it's kind of declined.... mainly just my recall.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4720394 - 09/27/05 04:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ive been working with dreaming for a few months now. i became interested in it years ago, but i've only really become more strongly active with them a little while ago. that along with obes, remote viewing, telekesis, and a few other things. I believe that dreams have a connection to these other things and that we all have the ability to access these things. i think people should really pay more attention to their dreams. it's cool that you are :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4721079 - 09/27/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This IS! :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Gomp]
    #4721640 - 09/27/05 08:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I read that its possible to change your life from practicing lucid dreaming. I mean dreams are the subconscious, and the subconscious is our personality, perception of life, and emotions. Why wouldn't it be possible to reintegrate your mind while asleep? There is scientific proof that your mind doesn't know the difference between what it sees and what it remembers. Why not learn to conquer your fear of spiders within your dreams, knowing how the brain works its totally possible.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4722538 - 09/27/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
Why not learn to conquer your fear of spiders within your dreams, knowing how the brain works its totally possible.

that is so much easier said than done.

I mean..... even if you know it isn't real. It's still right there, and the thing is... it's so random. You don't know what your brain is going to throw at you if you decide to tell it to try to scare you. You can keep it from throwing things at you with practice, but that's not the same as conquering the fear once and for all.

for example what is to say that you're walking down the street and godzilla all of a sudden appears and squashes you, taking you by surprise and scaring you in the process? Nothing is to say, because anything goes in dreams. Hopefully your mind wouldn't be so mean, but you can't conquer fear without experiencing the emotion first hand.... or at least, I don't think so.

one of those programs where you see what you are afraid of on a computer screen, slowly and gently at first and then more intense with soothing music would be a better approach.... especially stoned because you would soak in the music more than you would soak in the pictures... or so I theorized when watching south park....

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: leery11]
    #4722764 - 09/28/05 12:05 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i would recommend considering taking 5htp before you go to bed... you can pick this up at any health food store. i often have lucid dreams. your body will convert tryptophan into 5htp... it then converts 5htp into serotonin... happy dreams...

peace

cateyes

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: cateyes]
    #4722902 - 09/28/05 12:25 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I had what i would call my first lucid dream experience the other night. I was actually in the midst of a sleep paralysis episode and was trying to will myself out of it. I ended up willing myself off the bed to the other side of the room. I could see the bed I was lying on and realised I could float. I then was able to fly around the room like an astronaut. As it was still under sleep paralysis, it wasn't pleasent, as I was still terrified of something and I eventually willed myself out of it completely. Very interesting though.

--------------------
Put that monkey back in the oven.

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4724043 - 09/28/05 06:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

you're right man.

ninjapixie: that's great though :smile: if you could learn to utilize that ability and use it to your advantage you could really help a lot out in your daily life.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Locus]
    #4724133 - 09/28/05 08:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i never had the sensation i was flying around my room... interesting, sounds cool

peace

cateyes

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4724618 - 09/28/05 11:48 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the website man, I'm gonna look into it.

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #4725849 - 09/28/05 04:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

They also have a lucid dream section on erowid check it out-
http://www.erowid.org/spirit/dreaming/

Scroll down read the lucid dreaming FAQ, they have many techniques you can practice. I was sooo close to a lucid dream last night I could feel it!!

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
    #4725970 - 09/28/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i'm sorry p4ksoul... i confused lucid dreaming with vivid dreaming.... forgive me

peace

cateyes

Offlineart
Stranger
    #4727598 - 09/28/05 11:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i couldn't find anything aboout dream herb on that website, has anyone used it, and how well does it work? If i remember correctly, it is supposed to help have lucid dreams.

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: art]
    #4730217 - 09/29/05 09:47 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

They say GABA or ZMA will help you sleep and give some people very vivid dreams. They didn't help much for me for my occasional insomnia but for some they do work.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: j_db69]
    #4730274 - 09/29/05 10:09 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

get this book about lucid dreaming in this thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4716412/an/0/page/1

scroll down to my second post there's an attachment...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Simisu]
    #4736733 - 09/30/05 02:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I had a 4 month period where lucid dreaming, and even dreaming itself was extremely common for me, but lately I haven't dremt at all.

Lucid dreaming is alot harder than it sounds, and is easy to get lost in. I would ofter become lucid, and then forget, and go back into the dream again, or just lose the dream in all.

Does anyone have any tips on inducing dreams (not lucid, just dreams)? I used to set my alarm every night for the middle of the night and wake up for a little, check my email, and have a glass of water, this helped alot.

--------------------
ich essen die mushmush

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: vc77]
    #4736857 - 09/30/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Your dreams are suppose to be more vivid in the early morning, before you wake up, that is when it is easiest for me to lucid dream. Like I said about the ZMA, it is said that it will give you very vivid and strange dreams.

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Calea Zacatechichi

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being