Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoubldsniper323
Stranger
marijuana vaporizer
    #4715301 - 09/26/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what are the benefits to having a vaporizer is there anything its can do better then bongs or joints or anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: doubldsniper323]
    #4715316 - 09/26/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

get a good one and you got no smell no smoke

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4715494 - 09/26/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Also, I might add, that even my cheap ghetto-looking D.I.Y. lightbulb vaporizer manages to get me a lot more baked than when I pack a pipe, despite there being more bud in the pipe. Of course, maybe I'm just bad with the pipe, but it certainly helps that with a vaporizer I can ghost every single hit without even needing to try very hard. Doesn't even bother my throat!

If you want to know how to make the lightbulb vape, ask me, I'll fill you in on the info.

If you want to find a nice one to buy, expect to pay a lot, but get something worth paying good money for.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: Konnrade]
    #4715516 - 09/26/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Vaporizers use no smoke, save your lungs and throat, and make the most efficient use of your bud. Get one. You'll thank us later when your 60 and NOT dying of lung cancer.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4715631 - 09/26/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

how does it work then?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: XUL]
    #4715737 - 09/26/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

it heats the ground up bud up the temperature that cannabinoids vaporize at. Which is lower than the temp required to cause combustion in that sort of plant matter. So your drugs turn into warm mist and fly off the bud into your lungs, where they're absorbed by the alveoli just like THC in smoke would be.... only the carbon and tars and crap in the smoke, not to mention the heat, are absent, and those are the factors that cause lung damage, cancer, etc.

Whats great about it is, when you heat bud with a lighter, you instantly destroy a lot of the THC. Vaporizers don't do this... you get much more high off the same unit of pot. You can stretch your stash for a long time when you have a good vaporizer. Saves money, saves your lungs, stealthy... just perfect.

--------------------

Offlinescram
Stranger
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: Noviseer]
    #4715784 - 09/26/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the volcano does it for me.

i am not so shure it wont trigger lung cancer, i think that is a marketing brag.. who cares - dont we all have to die someday?!

Invisiblehcrider
 User Gallery
Loc: Fishbowl
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: scram]
    #4716325 - 09/26/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think im goin to purchase a vaporizer in the near future, sounds like somethin i will like.

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: hcrider]
    #4716810 - 09/26/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Um they dont cause lung cancer they only release the thc.
you may get a littlebit if you set the temp too high. my friend has one and thay thing id soooo nice you get hugher to the point of almost seeing things and somtimes you can trip mildly if you use a bunch of goooood stuff.

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4717268 - 09/26/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A few folks sent PM's asking about the lightbulb vaporizers, so I wrote one canned reply and sent it to all of them. Hope you don't take offense at getting a canned reply, but it's just way easier than writing a brand new procedure every time.

For anyone else that is interested, as many might be, I'll just paste the procedure into a post:

***D.I.Y. Vaporizer***

You will need:
~1 incandescent lightbulb (any size will work I beleive)
~1 drinking straw (or any hollow tube which you can inhale through, heatproof materials are a step up from this in reliability, but normally plastic will work and will not melt)
~1 soda bottle cap. (it needs to be able to screw onto the threads of the bulb after the ceramic and electrical crap is removed. It needs not fit airtight, you just need it to stay on)

You begin with a normal incandescent light bulb (it's preferrable that it be clear glass, otherwise you have to clean the inside to remove tint). At the base, there is ceramic. It's normally black. break the ceramic away carefully. I've heard it said to use a spoon, but I wound up chiseling it with a small flathead screwdriver and a hammer. Careful though, don't burst the bulb.

On some bulbs this is the only obstacle, but on many others there is a hollow rod behind this extending into the bulb. This must be broken away. I just chiseled it carefully, breaking it back to the lip of the bulb. After this point, you will need the bottle lid. Check to see if it fits first. If it does, then use a hot nail or a drill to put two holes into it. The first one should be sized so that the straw fits snugly and almost airtight into it. The second one can be of any size, this is the carb for the vaporizer. After making the holes, insert the straw into it's hole, with the end about 40% of the way towards the center of the bulb. precision isn't crucial, you just need to avoid too much exposure to heat, unless your "straw" is substituted for by a heat resistant object. At this point, you are done! If you have done it right, your friends will all think you have a crack pipe. Be sure to keep this well out of sight of cops, since unlike what they may do about a blunt... if a cop sees one of these on you he's going to throw your ass on the ground and pull a gun... since he'll assume you're on tweak and dangerous.

To use your vaporizer, you screw off the cap and just put a bit of herb into it, broken into peices. The stuff ground by a pot grinder works well. You hold it over a flame (it's best to use a candle if there's no breeze, since it takes a while over the flame, which lighters are not fond of). When the herb begins to visibly steam and emit vapors, you inhale them slowly, keeping the heat source applied. You need to practice a little and get a feel for how to best keep things balanced in using it, but it's not too hard, and in my experience it gets you pretty baked without being too harsh.

Have fun! and if you need me to elaborate at all, PM me  :grin:

additions, corrections, suggestions, are all quite welcome  :grin:

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: marijuana vaporizer [Re: Konnrade]
    #4718597 - 09/27/05 03:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm using my bong with an adjustable heatgun (ceramic heating elements, LCD-temp display). Works. Just proper mouthpieces to seal off leaks.
Can push the vapor into plastic bag.

I dont smoke tobacco.. and I've never liked the creamy smoke.
Some good icehash from ice/-water filled bong was very nice. :cool:
The vapor doesn't leave yourself smelling as bad as with smoke. Your lungs love it, your teeth, your friends too.
Still my dreams are on Volcano.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains