Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

What do you think about dreams?
    #4704662 - 09/24/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Can they serve as a nexus between you and the rest of the world/universe?

Lately I've been trying to contact my tai chi instructor through my dreams. So tonight I remember being in "my" dream world, and I found this large storage freezer which I "slid" down (upon opening it up it was a metallic slide) and it took me to a grocery store..... well.. I was just walking around about to go off and do my own thing when I notice one of the patrons is my instructor... so I greet him.

Well so... he's talking to me and he has this sort of brown sugar packet and he puts it on the floor, and he tells me to hover motionless over it... which I can't really...... then I ask him about chi and energy and if he can see auras... and he says no. Then I ask if he can see them in dreams and he says "yes" or something like that. So I gathered up some energy until my arm fell out of my arm as an energy arm, which was a somewhat ugly shade of yellow, and I asked him if he could see that.... and he could. He said that was not "chi" though that was something else.

Then this girl who is a student of his but fairly advanced (and who was smiling at me in a weird sort of "otherworldly" way in real life a week or so ago) was there and commented about things.

Then I go back to my dream world and I somehow run into a friend of mine..... and we're in a fire station and all these demons come out and attack us..... I didn't want to fight them but had to, so I sprayed them down with a hose and then commanded them to calm down. I talked to all of them that I could find and worked out issues that they had.... the idea being they were repressed parts of me ... I recall one with a mutated face that grew much more normal and human like just in the few moments I talked to him rationally. I may have hugged them too, I'm not sure.

so yeah. Do you think these kinds of things are all in your head since you want your dreams to be meanningful, so they appear to be? Or do you think they are real?

It sucks when you dream all night long to the point that your dreams are so detailed that you can't even remember them that well.... since there's just too much information in your brain. But a huge chunk of all this happened just between say 11-3 a.m. and it was just one long continuous stream of things.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: What do you think about dreams? [Re: leery11]
    #4704677 - 09/24/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.. as soon as I tell you what you did last night, in your dreams, with me. I will be no more, than already is.. :P

but the master of intent,...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4704688 - 09/24/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A nexus? How can that be when all you do is dream. Dreams are a reflection of your thoughts. When you are awake this is as true as when you sleep. Everything you see or think about is merely a reflection of the self. God is merely a relection of the self even. No more...no less.

"Magic mirror won't you tell me please,
do I see myself in anyone I meet?"
--Leon Russell

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4704698 - 09/24/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

but thoughts wouldn't exist if not for your relationship with other beings and the planet, etc.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4704742 - 09/24/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

""I didn't want to fight them but had to""

fucking lies!!!

... man you people make me sick.. :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What do you think about dreams? [Re: Gomp]
    #4704772 - 09/24/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

that's not a lie, i'm a hippy.

besides i would have literally been fighting myself had I done that.
(based upon my intuitions at the time)

anyway though, using a firehose was fun, I guess. I don't recall the specifics. :smile:

(i.e. the desire to not fight them came from my understanding of how fighting things in dreams works... namely, it doesn't)

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (09/24/05 11:28 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4706280 - 09/24/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

no
dream time-space is all internal.

the stuff of the day, patterns and detail, sift and filter accross the cortex and into the bindings of long term memory in connections with thalamus and the basal ganglia.

while experiencing the overlapped and connected images and sequences, some can be recognized as miraculous combinations of the familiar; these we wake up from recalling dreams or nightmares stories that took place in an instant of realtime (they unfold from instant engramatic overlay) or they take place in the retelling or in dreamy considerations and review while still asleep.

some of it is like knowledge, all of it is magic, but it is magic of the underpinnings of memory and imagination, not a magic of supernatural influences beyond the body's envelope.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Edited by redgreenvines (09/24/05 04:54 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What do you think about dreams? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4715092 - 09/26/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So you don't believe in astral projections and things of the sort?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4715186 - 09/26/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

we make up models to explain what is going on, and they are ok as far as they go.
to me astral projection is a simplification, like the flat earth explanation of our world.
I think that the reality is really much more amazing, like the spherical earth is much more amazing than the flat earth, but we need to give it time:
For this one, it takes more than one leonardo, and more than one columbus; or maybe we have to discover gold and bring it back, or maybe we have to each find out for ourselves that the universe is within - each in our own way.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4715498 - 09/26/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

awesome man. thats whats called (by me) a "power dream"

ive had dreams where dream firgures teach me things, bestow special gifts on me or whatever. Also any dream where you conquer a fear-image is also a power dream (like the demons) . if you do it by force thats ok but doing it by love/freindship (like you did) is even better. Your The images in your dream were extremely positive.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: What do you think about dreams? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4715964 - 09/26/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

dreams are the most natural form of astral projection, they allow us to realize the world we see is not the only one that exists

get good at astral projection and examine it and you will see

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: What do you think about dreams? [Re: TheGus]
    #4715991 - 09/26/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah learning astral projection has been on my to do list for a long time. i know it exists in some form. but so far no luck, i have enough on my hands trying to master lucid dreaming. i could explore the possibilities of LDing for the rest of my life without getting bored... but maybe next lifetime. or in my retirement

:grin:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you think about dreams? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4716293 - 09/26/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"the world we see"

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom