Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: My Friend [Re: Ravus]
    #4712849 - 09/26/05 02:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i know this guy....i met him back in 99 working at burger king, we both got hired basically at the same time, he was hired as a manager (he was like 48 or somethin)....

anyway he was a completly normal guy for the first few months i knew him, like to smoke pot and eat mushrooms and what not.....he had alot of stories to tell, some maybe true some maybe made up, i dunno.....but some pretty crazy shit none the less.

anyway, after a while he starts talking about religious shit, playing with crystals and such.....it was all kinda cool actually, i thought he was just acting like the burnt out hippie that he was. but it kept getting more intense through out the time i knew him. then he starts smoking meth (guess hes got an off again on again routine with that stuff, being off of it when i met him).

well soon after he picks up his meth habbit, he goes off the deep end. now he is the reincarnation of jesus, sent here to gather a group of followers and lead them to balize(not sure if thats spelled right, but that island somewhere out there near the equator i guess?), a group of 110,000 to be exact, and i was supposed to help him lead these people to the place where god will come and snatch us up.

this will cost money, and god told him that the way to fund this trip was to transport pot and illegals across our borders....during this time, he manages to get fired from burgerking, marry a 27 year old meth addict and have a child, one to add to two shes already got....that would put her at 3 kids, 3 dads, the last one of which (his) also played a big part in his plans. she was to be the queen of the new world that god has created for him and his followers.

he also starts his own landscaping company, which was actually working out pretty well....i actually worked for him for a good year or two off and on. in the end, he ended up losing that as well, and ended up living in a wash out under a bridge next to our water sewage treatment plant. i went out there once or twice, aside from the smell he had it set up pretty nice. a radio (battery powered) tent, tarp, fire pit, rug, lawn chairs for his other homeless buddies......

shit he even landscaped the area he was living in, complete with a sanpedro nusery....which by now he had replaced the meth addiction with a constant pot of "cactus juice" as he called it, boiling in a pot over the fire he had going. he drank the san pedro syrup every single day for like a few months living out there under that bridge. he went out hunting for it in peoples yards, and would get a cutting to plaut after they had gone to bed. scheeming with his group of homless people he talked into going to montana on the grand journey. he decided since god wasnt talking to him clearly enough, he was to go get his attention by playing with some crystals under the northern lights near glaicer national park. then from there they are to get more detailed directions for the belize thing.

well, jesus's plans were cut a little short in pennsylvia, when he was pulled over driving drunk with 7 lbs of pot in the trunk. sorry guys, but the second comming will have to wait a few years while jesus does his time :smirk:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My Friend [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4712923 - 09/26/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok yeah he went crazy.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4712940 - 09/26/05 04:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I don't know whether he's insane or having a mental breakdown

I'm willing to bet he's both.
From what I read, this is what came to mind.

The movie itself would have caused a lot of stress in his life, and everyone knows exactly what stress is and what it can do; I believe that it is when a person tries to control everything in their life, and it doesn't work out too well, I believe this could have contributed to his "breakdown" quite a bit, unless there was something more intense going on in his life that you never mentioned. Either way, it was a progressive thing no doubt, something that just kept building up more and more over the years.

Now when you live in worlds like this, there are millions of rules and regulations that we have to live by and shit loads of responsibilities and expectations, how do you think these effects an artistic mind, or even any mind? It?s my belief that your mind begins to think a certain way, much like every other human, but some minds won?t allow it. Some minds will break free eventually, if things get too intense; I think it?s a natural response to this unnatural lifestyle we live. But the sad part is these ?crazy? people are some of the most natural people in the world, because they just can?t adapt to this shitty society we live in. I doubt anyone will find true happiness within pure logic, there just isn?t anything literal in this world that?s all that amazing after you get older, you gatta have a little insanity to spice it up. Why do you think we smoke pot, drink, do mushrooms and other drugs? I think it?s because reality just sucks, it?s unnatural the way we live life in this day and age.

As for the high school girl, well, I don?t know what kind of person she is really, or what her story is either so I won?t say anything, but the way you describe the situation surrounding her, he would seem crazy; but don?t forget that sometimes there?s more then what meets the eye, and there are things in life that logic can not explain. I mean, try to explain love to someone who hates everything, or try to explain to a blind man what it is like to see; these tasks are almost impossible with words and logic. A grouch needs to experience love to know what love is, and a blind man needs to gain vision to know what it is like to see, and a logical mind needs to go insane to understand what insanity is.

This all brings to mind the movie matrix though in some weird way, bare with me here.
Neo wants something he can?t explain, and who comes along? Trinity, and he follows the white rabbit, like in Alice in wonderland, and its one hell of a mind trip for neo, but in the end he frees his mind and yahda yahda, you know the rest.

What no one seems to realize is when you look up the word trinity it says:
Quote:

Trinity Theology. In most Christian faiths, the union of three divine persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in one God.

I?m not very religious in the sense that I believe in any set religion, although I think religion is quite interesting and worth looking into.

I?m not saying people should go completely insane, you gatta balance it out with reality.

And as for your friend saying god is talking to him, try not to think of god as an actual or literal being, think of ?god? as something symbolic, and think of what your friends say as poetry (even though it sounds sappy). The words that he uses to try to explain things, think of them as words that represent something more, like a variable, just something that we know that represents something that we can not explain, they call this symbolism in the organized world that we live in.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4713443 - 09/26/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:

well, jesus's plans were cut a little short in pennsylvia, when he was pulled over driving drunk with 7 lbs of pot in the trunk. sorry guys, but the second comming will have to wait a few years while jesus does his time :smirk:

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :dielaughing: :rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
    #4713727 - 09/26/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's natural and worry is more illogical than anything he did.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: My Friend [Re: looner2]
    #4713746 - 09/26/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Artists need to do this I think, its part of the gig. He'll come back, kill the girl, get back the rights to the movie and continue with his career, but he'll be famous for it.

:rofl:

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: My Friend [Re: MJF]
    #4713753 - 09/26/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i love reading about crazy people,hahaha....

:psycho:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4714248 - 09/26/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That guy sounds a lot more insane than my friend, but then again, I haven't seen him for a few weeks. I wonder if these people ever do "become one with God" or whatever crazy schemes they have involving God (I don't believe in God, so logical speculation says this may just be the breaking point; if they do find God, they may seem too crazy for us to ever believe them).

Quote:

MJF said:
It's natural and worry is more illogical than anything he did.

Personally, I'm not worried that much, but you think his family's worry is more illogical than his actions?

Of course, many of his friends are not worried as much as severely pissed off, due to the fact that the people that worked on the movie with him have the potential to lose all of the time and energy put into it. I'm not worried about him, but if he's not insane, he's extremely selfish in my opinion.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
    #4714398 - 09/26/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Once insanity has turned itself over to religious zeal, there isn't much you can say about it. Unless they believe themself to be the ressurection. Then you can lock those fuckers up.

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4715618 - 09/26/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

weather or not anyone else believes him or not, he believes it.......it is true in his mind. its real to him, and i guess thats all that matters. he was a pretty cool guy to hang out with regardless of the jesus thing.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies