Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
The Lemon Experience... [now a community experiment - please contribute] * 17
    #4714757 - 09/26/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

To tell you the truth, I am not sure I should even be telling anybody this, but I feel like I have to. If you were to discover this on your own and try it, without it a warning, it could be bad. I am in my 30s and have done psychedelics since my teens. I have done shrooms, acid, X, and DXM in my life. I have had memorable experiences like anyone who trips, and I know I have pushed the limits of common sense in some of my dosage. Regardless of that, I have only reached a level 5 trip on DXM and non of the other psychedelics(even a combination of 2 or more at once lol). That was until last night.

I, like most people who read these forums, have had a long interest in possible ways to increase potency. Since I started growing shrooms myself about a year ago, I have put a little more time into research. I read a post about using cranberry juice for extraction and after talking about it with a friend, we came up with the idea of powdering your shrooms and combining with about 2 oz. of cranberry juice and slamming it like a shot. So I tried it, and was amazed at how fast it hit, how intense it was, and what was really going on. I posted a post here on the forums asking for anyone that may have had a similar experience or a possible explanation. I let people reply for a couple weeks and I tried a control experiment. I know from past experience, that chewing a drug up, or powdering and combining with water usually makes it hit faster and be more intense and shorter duration. I took the same dose as I took with the cranberry(2+ grams). The trip was nowhere near the intensity of the cranberry method. I checked back in with the forum and someone had came up with a possible explanation. The pH of cranberry is under 4. Making it one of the most acidic drinks you can get. That may be why it is used in extraction methods. It was also mentioned that the only more acidic juice you can find would be straight lemon or lime juice, both of which have a pH under 2(extremely acidic). I mentioned in the forum that I would try lemon/lime for my next trip.

Fast forward six months later. I finally was able to try it last night. During the six months, many of my friends have tried the cranberry method, and each one to a one has said that it is unlike anything else. It is hard to explain how much stronger the trip is. It is so strong that you need to be careful with it, i.e, if you normally take 3 grams for a heavy trip, only put 1 or 2 in your cranberry juice. Well, after trying lemon/lime, I think I may have opened Pandoras box!!!!!!!!

I squeezed 2 lemons and a lime into a cup, combined 2g of shroom powder, and slammed it like a shot. It took about 10 minutes for me to start feeling the effects. 30 minutes in and I was full blown level 5 and higher than I had ever been. My thoughts were coming so fast at this point that I could barely keep up. The bad part was, well basically, I kept getting higher and higher. I could literally feel all the effects continuing to increase at an alarming rate. I actually lost motor control of my limbs and was stuck writhing on the floor stuck in the adventure I created for myself lol. My thoughts eventually were going so fast that I broke down and basically mumbled "Help" and "Please Stop" for what turned out to be 3 hours. Then INCREDIBLY lol, within a 5 minute period my thoughts totally went back to normal. I mean i was not even tripping at all anymore, but I was in a tremendous amount of shock. I stood up and walked to the clock to find that it wasnt even 4 hrs from when I drank it. I think this could be THE way to do shrooms, as it seems to magnify the effects to literally a factor of 10, but it seems extremely dangerous also. I would like to experiment with it more with some smaller doses, but frankly, I don't feel like tripping for quite a while after last night. So if anyone wants to try it in a responsible setting, and takes EXTREME CAUTION, and will contribute some research to this discovery, it would be appreciated. Since what is happening here is not fully understood, please be CAREFUL. I am not joking. Please, constructive replies only. This could be the beginning to a new world of psychedelics.

Quote:

MOD EDIT: The procedure has been tested several times in different varieties now and seems to indeed cause *strong* potentiation in some cases, 1.5-5x stronger effects being mentioned. If you are an experienced tripper, please take part in this experiment and report in this thread. Things to report are:
# What liquid are you using?
# How much liquid did you drink the powder with? (oz)
# Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, something's definitely going to happen")
# Time to onset of visual disturbance
# Time to peak (rough estimate)
# Time to first sign of diminishing effects
# Time to baseline (indiscernable effects)

Please also note if you take any other substances, specifically marijuana and whether or not your stomach is empty- This could pose a significant confound. [snyder]
Please be warned that although there seems no reason for bodily concern you might end up tripping much harder than you ever did on a similar amount. If you want to take part in this experiment make sure to note all variables that you feel might be important. Theory is less important than systematic observations and independent verification at this point.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Edited by Underhillmaster (01/10/06 10:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4714783 - 09/26/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Fascinating!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMrKrinkle
Stranger

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4714949 - 09/26/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think im going to try that. It sounds interesting

--------------------
"the air is gettng slippery..."

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4714969 - 09/26/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like something i'd like to try! i'll keep my eye on this thread.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4715001 - 09/26/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Friday it is!

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: TrippingDuality] * 1
    #4715049 - 09/26/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Try mixing it with battery acid next time :smile:

Seriously though, that's a crazy intense experiemnt. Good job on finding that out :sun:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Limelight]
    #4715052 - 09/26/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps this is why orange juice intensifies effects..? Maybe it's not the vitamin c or whatever, but the acidity.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: deficitism]
    #4715073 - 09/26/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

interesting. be sure and report back, whatever the outcome.

OfflineMuppetz
Stranger
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: deficitism]
    #4715074 - 09/26/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Think I will try the cranberry juice nextime, just a 1/16th though. Something small to start.

Edited by Muppetz (09/26/05 03:26 PM)

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4715095 - 09/26/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I,ve been chopping mine up and adding to juice for a long time,
I,m going to get some pompom cranbury juice for my next time I think :thumbup:

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: rod]
    #4715119 - 09/26/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

dambit, why do people come up with this shit after my days off.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: rod]
    #4715153 - 09/26/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

very very nice.
i will defiently try in the near future.
favorite this one :wink:

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4715209 - 09/26/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...f737f989815e16e

Hey thats an improvement on my idea, not tried it tho!

--------------------

InvisibleMezcal
    #4715260 - 09/26/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Your description of the subjective effects sounds very strong, but I'd like to point something out:

When you take the mushrooms by eating them, they go into your stomach. A vanishingly small amount of the material is absorbed in your esophagus and only a little in your mouth. As it enters your stomach, it is submerged in ~1 pH gastric acid. Lemon juice has a pH of ~2.3, over 10 times weaker than the gastric acid. I bet if you did a randomized sample you would find that the determining factors in 'potency' are:

1. amount of psilocybin & psilocin in the sample (principal factor)
2. how finely the mushrooms are ground (affecting speed of absorption and thus distribution of intensity of the effects)
3. how much liquid is consumed with the sample (affecting speed of absorption and thus distribution of intensity of the effects)

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Mezcal]
    #4715360 - 09/26/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Was the second test you did using mushrooms from the same batch?
If not then the lemon juice may not have anything to do with it, it could have been merely very potent shrooms.

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: StickyWater]
    #4715437 - 09/26/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The shrooms were the same strain, but the not the same batch. Grown on rye spawned to poo by myself, the grow method was the same on both batches. I have taken shrooms over 100 times in my life over the course of almost 20 years, and I have never experienced anything remotely like this. It was very humbling. I am not sure what is exactly going on with it, but I know something is happening. If you try it once, please put in a reply relating the experience. But please be careful, because I don't really know how to explain how much more intense it was than any other trip I have ever had. I expected a stronger than normal trip, and I was totally unprepared for how strong it actually was. It may be something you have to do to believe lol.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4715456 - 09/26/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sure, stomach acid is strong, but it only starts to work after the substrate gets to it. AND if the substrate is coming directly from the mouth, instead of soaking up all the acid it's allready saturated with saliva, which slows the process a little as the acid has to diffuse into the saliva present in the substrate.

if you immerse a powder of cubes in cranberry juice, the dry shroom dust absorbs something that is acidic. Meaning it is begun to be digested prior to ingestion and is allready saturated with acid. Also, I've not known people to be able to choke down a dry powder of shrooms, but if they did the mere surface area would help. The cranberry juice at the least would make it a lot easier to slam down, and cranberry juice is a potent flavor, so it would help make it less unpleasant.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: I may have discovered something... [Re: Konnrade]
    #4715526 - 09/26/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It seems like any kind of acid would hinder the effects of shrooms. Don't acids break down/destroy things (ie. psilocybin/psilocin)? I still drink OJ with my shrooms however. At first I did it because I heard it intensifies the effects. But since then, I never came across any info that proves this is the case, but I still drink OJ because it masks the taste :smile:

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4715532 - 09/26/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds really interesting! I don't think I'm quite ready to try that yet as I am inexperienced, but I'll keep it in mind for later. Thanks!

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4715796 - 09/26/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That really makes me think you know. Your right, this could change how we eat shroomz. Hell with enough research, etc.. you could create a pill filled with a high acid and shroom powder that you swollow and sends you twirling on a hard trip.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate