Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
Amanita Muscaria in Thurston co WA ,,, Nightly frosts ... Are they still on their way ???
    #4715031 - 09/26/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I know once again the broken record gets spun , we have been having nightly frosts here , and a couple nights freezes in animals water dishes, not normal here for this time of year, my question goes out to all the fellow Amanita Muscaria hunters in Western WA( as this is the only ethnogenic fungi I have a interest in , and was directly the cause of me finding and joining shroomery :wink: ) As I said frosts have been common recently , and certinaly was this morning when I went out to check on horses everything was frosty ( nice and pretty, on a clear morning ... ) The place I had been finding Amanita Muscaria , was under a mixed stand of trees , with a few large douglas firs growing right in the area ( my guess of what they were taking nutrients from the roots ) , in this area , was also alot of mahonia and berbaris ( barbeary ) some small amount of salal , and a couple indian plums , the forest floor in this area is covered in layer of fir needles, now this is on the edge of a large open pasture, between the area I found them, and the pasture, is a stand of several dozen Scotch pine trees ( the ones with very long needles ) this extends about 25 feet in from the field, then a small clearing and game trail, then a small patch of the undregrowth next to some douglas firs , also there is one large Beech tree , in the vacinity ( yeah I know most of this is Irrelevant ) well every time I go search there, the soil has been bone dry, and sticking my finger into the forest humus , find that it is dry a couple inches down . So as I said its been frosting alot recently ... last year I found hundreds here , and I picked some, by no means all ... anyways, will this frost keep them from fruiting ? or can I expect to find them soon ? Much thanks and respect to anyone who is willing to answer these questions, as the Szaman , is eager for his yearly Wapaq :wink: -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Thurston co WA ,,, Nightly frosts ... Are they still on their way ??? [Re: Tranceharper]
    #4716076 - 09/26/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

No, as soon as the rains hit they'll be back.

--------------------

OfflineTranceharper
Psychokitty

Loc: Pacific Northwest USA
Re: Amanita Muscaria in Thurston co WA ,,, Nightly frosts ... Are they still on their way ??? [Re: @cro]
    #4716228 - 09/26/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you much :smile: , rain expected here thursday , curious if anyone knows how long aprox it takes for them to emerge from veil untill the parasol becomes flattened ? just some rough idea how fast these things grow , so I have some idea how often I really need to go back and check them :wink: -Tranceharper

--------------------
Meow ===^{o_o}^===

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification