Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHubertCumberdale
Tripper
1 pint instead of 1/2 pint.
    #4713325 - 09/26/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, i`m starting off with Brf cakes but was going to use 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. I was wondering if i would need to use more than 1 cc per jar and what the disadvantages and advantages of 1 pints are? The strain i will be using is Creepers and any output about that strain would be cool.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. [Re: HubertCumberdale]
    #4713338 - 09/26/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think itll just take longer to fully get your jars nice and white

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

Offlinejsb
Stranger
Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. [Re: HubertCumberdale]
    #4713382 - 09/26/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i just finished some 1/2 pints and 1 pints. the 1 pint jars were very difficult to retrieve the cakes from. it seemed that the increased size created a very strong vacuum effect that made it almost impossible to get the cakes out without damaging them.the 1 pint cakes were also difficult to place in the tanks and keep upright since they were taller and somewhat top-heavy. now the flushes were incredible, but also required lots more water to keep hydrated compared to the 1/2 pints. the 1 pint cakes also took almost twice as long to colonize, @ 6-7 weeks as compared to @ 3-4 weeks for the 1/2 pint cakes. i won't do 1 pint jars again. i would do twice as many 1/2 pints before i do any 1 pint jars. it was at least twice as much trouble and i didn't get twice as much flush when it was all finished. the 1 pint jars also seemed to be more prone to going bad as compared to the other 1/2 pints. just for kicks i also did a few 1.5 pint jars, which are very difficult to locate these days. too unstable when placed in the tank. i ended-up crumbling and going another direction there. let me know how it works for you.

OfflineHubertCumberdale
Tripper
Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. And some ramdom questions [Re: jsb]
    #4713939 - 09/26/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alrite cool, I think i sent you a pm JSB but my computer crashed so i dont no if it got to you. I got a couple of questions about the 1 pint. You said that they where a bitch to get out of the jar, so i was going to pack them very lightly so they are easier to get out. If not i was going to just make some casings. You also talked about the cakes going bad, was that because it took so long to colonize that they just got comtamed or dryed out? The flushes also, you said they where amazing but didnt last? What where the flushes like? I was going to forsure roll and drunk to keep them hydrated and get better flushes. By the way i was just going to do 4 jars for now.
Thanks for the info.
HubertCumberdale.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. And some ramdom questions [Re: HubertCumberdale]
    #4713961 - 09/26/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

it works, i find the 1 pints sometimes is conserable longer that pins start on the inside of the jar when there is still more of the jar to colonize. But the advantage is you can case a larger area. and i conserve my solution so much. i only use enough to see it is wet. maybe 1/4th cc

Edited by Ogla (09/26/05 12:05 PM)

OfflineBataviaVakereli
Stranger
Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. And some ramdom questions [Re: Ogla]
    #4714632 - 09/26/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

With BRF, you'll have a longer colonization time. If you move to WBS, you can go up to QT jars with relative ease.

InvisibleCub_Mycologist
MycologistApprentice
 User Gallery

Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. And some ramdom questions [Re: BataviaVakereli]
    #4715388 - 09/26/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you are looking for more subtrate to a cake what would be the harm in double stacking half pints? i tried that with my current grow, if it does good i will post about it. i know I'm not the first to try this, i saw a pic on here once and the flush was really amazing. I tried it with a tall half pint on top of a short one, hopefully i does good.

--------------------
"I would never advocate Drugs, Alcohol, and Violence to anyone, but they sure worked for me."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
RIP
"Everything works, it just works better if youre not a jackass." Omnicracker

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint. And some ramdom questions [Re: Cub_Mycologist]
    #4715933 - 09/26/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I inoculated 24 pint jars(BRF/Verm) with 5 syringes(50cc).
Colonization was very long(4-6weeks).
Only 19 jars made it, the rest were infected by a yet to be identified black contam, in the very last weeks of colonization.
I made 8 cakes and 9 casings. The cakes produced very nice pin-sets and first flush(35-75 Grams wet) so far total wet weight from first flush is 298.37 grams with another 20 or so mushrooms i have yet to harvest.
I used 2-4 cc per jar. Strain was golden teacher. I will use pints again.(I did not use a Pressure Cooker) :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :foshizzle:

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract