Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenavyseals101
Stranger
Male

Only thing holding me back
    #4713735 - 09/26/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

from growing mushrooms is the temperature issue, the temperature fluctuates during day and night. I need an incubator, i cant use a tit becuase i have to be stealthy about it and tits take up room. Im thinking about putting some kind of heating device on an electrical timer but this will scare the shit out of me because of fires. Any ideas on how exact the temperature must be or how much its able to fluctuate? It will probably fluctuate 4 degrees minimal throughout the day, in my droor (incubator) probably only about 2 degrees because of all the wooden insulation lol.

I dont have a warm spot ontop of the fridge, my family will turn down the thermostat if its at 85f and normal thermostats are to expensive and dont turn things off at the right temperature becasue it would need a probe, if i could find an affordable thermostat that would be nice one that actually will turn things on and off to reach the desired the temp the repti grow rheostat i dont think will shut things off after it reaches the desired temperature. Any help is much appreciated i think ill be ordering my spores tommorow, im going to go with B+ because they are rumored to be very newb freindly

--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Only thing holding me back [Re: navyseals101]
    #4713776 - 09/26/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

try something like this. it is my incubator/dehydrator. it cost me $10, the tray was free from a friend.

by the way, the jars in the middle and the shrooms dehydrating are b+!!!

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Edited by iateshaggy (09/26/05 11:32 AM)

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
    #4713782 - 09/26/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

you could just use the drower. The temp fluctuations will just make it take a little longer. and not being around 80 or so will make it take longer too. But you can be very sucessful at room temperature so dont hesitate.
But you really shouldnt be growing in an enviroment where there are others that dont know whats going on.

If you get busted your parents could go to jail for something you did. Its really just irresponible and very disrespecting. maybe do it at someones place thats cool with it. It could make a world of difference.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4713784 - 09/26/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

optimal temps are from beween 84-86 degrees F. Keep in mind that your jars will colonize at lower temps, it just takes them longer. Having fluctuating temps just means increased colinzation times, but it shouldnt hurt you too much. I had a jar which i thought contammed, took it out of my TIT, stuck it in my downstairs cabinet (ambient temp 72-76 F), and right now its fruiting invitro.

Case in point, you should be fine as long as your temps dont dip below 70, if you really worried about it the safest way to raise temps, at least that i can think of, would be to stick a towel or two in the dryer and let them heat up,then just stick the warm towels in your FC and it should raise the temps for a little while and it wont be a fire hazard. Otherwise you're best off buying a small heating pad and a timer for it.

BTW TIT's can be stealthy. You can use them with any size container, the only forseeable problem would be the cord from the heater, but you can find ways to hide that. Be creative, im sure there's some way you can hide your TIT

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder