Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
The Tea Experiment
    #4713278 - 09/26/05 11:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Substance: Psilocybe Mushrooms
Dosage: Unknown. Eyeballed. Likely ~2g.
Time of ingestion: 2 A.M. 9/24

Ani was sleeping over, and Smilky had just gotten out of the New Deal show at Bowery, and we all wanted to get fucked up. That feeling was in the air, that desire for any sort of narcotic intoxication, but something with a little meaning was most desirable, and that's what made me fetch the mushrooms from the freezer.

I'd come back from Ohio with them, a crushed up bag of shake and bits I'd received as a gift. I'd nibbled on some a couple months back while watching the Life Aquatic, but this was my first time aiming to eat mushrooms and get lifted by them ever since a disappointing trip a year and a half ago.

I logged on to the Shroomery and after lowdominion and noeticbuzz offered helpful hints on how to prepare tea, I made the mushroom tea with an eyeballed amount of 2 grams. Smilky has a knack for eyeballing so he took charge of that area. We made the tea and after letting it cool down from a boil threw in the mushrooms along with a bag of Lipton tea. I stirred and let them soak into the tea for seventeen minutes before straining the mixture through a coffee filter.

One mug of tea was ready, and we each took 3 gulps. I didn't expect anything mindblowing. I turned down the house lights and brought up the green mood lights instead. My roommate came home and went to bed and Ani Smilky and myself smoked a bowl (Smilky's first since being arrested for possession).

I can't say that I "tripped" but I will say that I soon entered a truly lucid and relaxed state. We were listened to Radiohead's Kid A and I was laying on a couch with the speakers pointing at me and I just laid there staring at the brick wall across the room and soaking in the lush noises. I half expected the bricks to start moving, but they never did.

When the CD was over I went to the other couch so I could stare at the couch I had been laying on, since it has a trippy blue-and-white plaid pattern. I put on Miles Davis' Bitches Brew and Ani soon fell asleep while Smilky and I listened to the music for an hour before I went to sleep - we were just being, just listening. I was extremely content. I felt as if life was absolutely and ultimately satisfying. I was in the moment, and that was what counted in the end, whether I hallucinated or not.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: The Tea Experiment [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4717174 - 09/26/05 11:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

chillin, your right about that last thing you wrote.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4724627 - 09/28/05 11:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Wow. New Deal. Kid A. Bitch's Brew. Very very nice.
I once listened to kid a coming down from a shroom tea trip. Everything in its right place came on, and i couldn't agree more.

I often have a musical quality to trips. Recently, I heard this great rhythm coming from a tree.
Last year, I discovered an old spent cake that I had saved for over 6 months. I mixed it in some water and drank it. I didn't trip, however I became very exhilarated and positive. The craziest thing happened. I was laying in bed listening to beethoven's 7th at a very low volume. My fan was on, so I could only hear the music when it was loud. But, whenever I couldn't hear the music, my ears became filled with music that was most certainly beethoven, but nothing that he wrote during his life. This continued when i turned the music off. I pretty much imagined (but it wasn't an image, I actually heard the music) an entire beethoven symphony. It was nothing that i could have come up with on my own. It was definitely beethoven, and not in a mimicking kind of way. It was all new but it was definitely in beethoven's spirit. Maybe I heard beethoven's 10th! I'm going to try a low dose again to see if something similar happens. I will try my best to remember the music, but its at a level so much higher than my own that it will be hard to remember much.
I must sound nuts.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4724631 - 09/28/05 11:57 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Nice report by the way. Nothing like that feeling of ultimate contentedness. Mushrooms can be so uplifting and therapeutic. They are medicine.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: The Tea Experiment [Re: nycomyco]
    #4726615 - 09/28/05 07:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i've never tried tea. but personally i prefer low doses. i like threshold effects. i like to try to pick times when i can take minimal doses all night long, like 1 -1.5 grams every 2 or 3 hours.
it sounds like you had a nice mild experience. :thumbup: :mushroom2: :bigblunt:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports