Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
veil tearing before pinning
    #470324 - 11/26/01 06:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Goddamnit...I meant to say "veil tearing during the pinning process"
This is the third time I'm trying to fruit this isolate of Thai KS. A few mushrooms fruited from an agar plate from a multi-spore germination and I cloned the largest fruit. This isolate is very rhizomorphic. I then took some wedges and innoculated some dung/bran/vermiculite in pint jars. The dung wasn't fully composted, but the pH was just fine. It had a slight scent of urea, but very slight. Once these dung cakes were fully colonized, I birthed them, cold shocked them, and then left them at 78 degrees F. to fruit. The pinset was normal. HOwever, the pins grew VERY slowly, and once they reached 1 cm in length, the very tip of the caps turned blue. About 4 days later, you could tell it was going to abort, but it held in there for four days. There was little condensation on the wall of the ten gallon aquarium situated inside a heating blanket, so I figured I was just fucking up in terms of humidity. Being pissed off, I tossed those cakes and started another batch.
On my second batch, there was saran wrap that trapped the moisture in the terrarium and the humidity was legit. STill, these mushrooms would behave in the same way:pin fine, then slow down, hang on for a couple of days while growing slowly, tip of the cap would blue, cap would separate from stem, and then abort days later. I was thinking it may be a genetic problem, but the original mushroom didn't display this problem on agar...any ideas? One last thing-I use hydrogen peroxide-about two table spoons per standard size spray bottle. This has never given me problems before and I've had alot of sucess with this molarity.

Edited by Azure (11/26/01 08:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoprolalia
Stranger
Re: veil tearing before pinning [Re: Azure]
    #471295 - 11/27/01 03:59 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

a friend got a second-gen print from ryche's original KS strain, and has had problems with these little round psudo-shrooms - theyre differentiated, but the stems dont grow, theyre just little knobs. eventually the caps open up slightly, but dont deposit spores. and yes, sometimes dirung the growth process the veil breaks. they're weird. the fruits are fairly small too, at least compared to amazonians. he hasnt tried isolating them yet tho. let me know if you see the same things....

InvisibleFloydster
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: veil tearing before pinning [Re: coprolalia]
    #471387 - 11/27/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

same thing happened to me, Azure with the koh samui. grew very slow and stayed as mini-mushies. caps opened and still the largest fruit was barely an inch. actually the lipa did the same for me. alongside the maz's grew nice and tall...

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
Re: veil tearing before pinning [Re: Floydster]
    #473122 - 11/29/01 12:03 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thank the FUCKIN LORD! Man, did this little experiment frustrate the hell out of me! The only good thing about these mushrooms is that the when they're bruised, they almost turn black...aborts are supposedly very high in the goodies.

Anonymous

Re: veil tearing before pinning [Re: Azure]
    #473200 - 11/29/01 01:26 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Try leaving the terrarium top partially open, and mist frequently to accomadate the lowered humidity, and increased evaporation rate. Some spore races seem to like drier atmosphere to develope. Not dry, but drier. Have to mist more frequently though.
I prefer spore races that can mature with high CO2, and a lower evaporation rate.
The lipa ya were similar to the cambodians in this respect, both hate CO2 and like a high evaporation rate. I found them both to be difficult fruiters.
Have not tried the KS yet, but I guess I shouldn't put it high on the priority list.
These Asian strains Like Wet feet and dry Heads.

InvisibleFloydster
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: veil tearing before pinning [Re: ]
    #473284 - 11/29/01 05:40 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

its interesting that some peoples Kohs grew normal (look at blahblah)pics. my friends were grown on straight rye with oss/oeric casing. rye was 2" thick at least. rhyche said (somewhere) that the strain prefer compost/straw, as its closer to its natural environment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale