Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuetzal
Stranger
Re: Here we go AGAIN. [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #508315 - 01/02/02 09:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I just posted this in another post in this forum but I wanted to post it here too in case you miss it. I was hoping that you could tell what the difference is between your DB kit and the Homestead EZ-Grow kit?

http://www.homesteadbook.com/ezgromushroomkit.html

I was hoping to buy one or the other but I couldn't tell what the difference was other than the name and the price. They both appear to be the same kit that are being sold under a different name. Is that true or are they actually different somehow? I noticed that both the kits share the same pictures so I am probably being ignorant in asking this but I wanted to make sure before I went ahead and bought one.

Would you reccomend this EZ -Grow kit since you no longer offer the DB kit? I am really wanting to buy one. Thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Here we go AGAIN. [Re: Quetzal]
    #508395 - 01/02/02 10:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Quetzal, the EZ-Grow kit that Homestead is offering is very similiar. Its the same compost used in the DB kit but a smaller box and less compost.  Its only 3lbs of compost for $108.
Those picturs that are going around in a circle are all from 15lb kits. There is only one picture there showing the actual 3lb kit they are selling.
The "classic" compost kit homestead is selling is completly different. Their source for the compost is from someone else and it does not work well and has very hard to follow instructions. You will certainly get decent results from the EZ-Grow 3 lb kit, but dont expect results like the spinning pictures or our DB kits as there is only 3 lbs of compost.
Hope that helps :smile:

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineQuetzal
Stranger
    #508789 - 01/03/02 09:17 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ok great that answeres my question then. Thank you. So the DB compost and EZ Grow compost are the same only being sold in varying amounts for each kit correct? I'm still curious as to why they are advertising your mushroom pictures from your website and DB kit to sell their kit. They are the same pictures right? I recognized the extra large Indian mushrooms right off and I wondered what the connection was.

Has anyone ever seen or does anyone know where I can find pictures of mushrooms grown in the 3 lb EZ Grow kit besides the ones on the Hometead site that appear to be mushrooms from the Hawks Eye and DB kit?

Thank you.

Invisibleslither
addict
    #508862 - 01/03/02 11:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I can't believe you guys are having so much trouble figureing out that "hawks mushrooms" are not his mushrooms. I guarantee the person that grew those mushrooms is the one that gave the pics to hawk to post and Homestead to post. I personally would check with homestead on the weight of the compost issue, not that I would consider buying either when it's not hard to get similar yields from dung, straw, or worm castings.

OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

Ryche, LAST oppurtinity. [Re: slither]
    #509012 - 01/03/02 02:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Alright Ryche, I just emailed you, but looking at your Shroomery post here makes me want to say a few more things. Are you not reading my original posts and emails on this subject???? I AM THE GUY WHO RECEIVED THE BAD BATCH OF GRAIN FROM DB, ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO. Do you understand me now? Do you understand why I am pissed off? Have you mentioned my situation to DB at all or was it just business talk to get me off your back? If he is sending out new orders, then he is a con man, and I will let EVERYONE(not just message board peeps either) know, understand me now? Get this fucking situation taken care of, no matter if you have to go down there and get the grain from him yourself. You've made WAY too many promises to way too many people about the quality of this product, but when I ordered it I got ripped off. I want my money, or I want my grain. I hate to bring down trouble on your business or his, but you've left me with no choice. If I feel this situation is not being handled next time I hear from you, expect to talk to someone with more authority than I. I'm done playing. If I am going to lose 107 dollars to a con man, I'll lose twice that to see his business closed.

Keep in mind, I probably wouldn't be wasting my time with this if I had my money or my product in hand. I also wouldn't be so pissed if you would actually seem to remember a situation you've been dealing with Ryche, it makes me think you generically email people excuses as to why they don't have their product. I will post the email you sent me below. Keep in mind, I've been patient, I've been friendly, and I've listened to enough excuses.

Also, if you claim you ARE NOT supporting his products, you need to quit with the .mpeg videos of you showing his products off. It makes me think very strongly that you and DB are one in the same.

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

OfflineNugDumper

Re: Ryche, LAST oppurtinity. [Re: NugDumper]
    #509022 - 01/03/02 02:32 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Here is Ryche's latest Email(And DB's last chance at saving face):

I spoke with DB. He has promised me all these back orders will go out within a week. Hopefully he will stick good to his word. I'm going to email him a few names to do first, yours will be one of them, but I need to know exactly what you ordered.
peace........Ryche Hawk

Know what really pisses me off about this email? The fact that Ryche still doesn't even know WTF I ordered, even though it is in this post, in all of my emails, and I've talked to him about this situation probably about 10 times now. Also if you notice above, there are more promises. Anyone want to take bets to see if this is all more bullshit or if I will actually get my grain? I got 10:1 odds against DB, any takers?

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#509322 - 01/03/02 06:53 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The Indian cub picture of the person holding those 2 giant mushrooms up are not mine, it says that on my website.
It has since the day I posted it. Those boxes with the red & blue flip tops can be found at HomeDepot, Lowes, and even Wal-Mart at times.

All the other pictures on Homestead's website are not from my website either, look close, they are not the same pictures.
So your wrong again Slither.

NugDumber, I missed the part earlier in the thread it was a 10 LB kit in question. As you missed my part that DB is NOT sending ANY NEW orders. So we both made a mistake.

NugDumber, now that I have re-read your post, your making claims your out a $100. Well...lets analyze that for a moment.
You DID RECEIVE a 10LB DB kit. You got the box, the 10lbs of compost and the grain. But the grain was bad.

Ok...so why did you not use the compost ? The compost was still fine. All you had to do was inoculate some jars of rice/verm, birdseed/verm or your own grain and mix it with the compost. That is clearly outlined in the DB instructions on the website. Instead you have let it sit for all this time doing nothing with it. Instead comeing here claiming we ripped you off a $100+ dollars demanding refunds. 2 bags of presterilized rye grain on DB prices is $15 including S&H.
So how do you figure your out a $108 ???

None the less I spoke with DB about your situation, and everyone involved from this mess that has been created by the bad grain. I am not happy how he has handled it and I expressed that. He has promised that all these back orders and new grain request from the bad grain would be handled within a week. NugDumber, yours is going to the top of the list.

Even though I'm sure we will never see you as a customer again, and being the cool mofo I am, I have talked DB into sending you a completly new 10LB kit, compost, grain, and box. Even though it was only grain that needed replacing.

Personally I'm really tired of this whole DB Kit thing. DB gets a lot of repeat orders from very happy customers. I know there out there I get emails from them all the time of ppl that think the compost is amazing and well worth the price.
I know it works great... its the best mushroom substrate I have ever seen. I think all the pictures and video I post speek loud and clear it is a superior mushroom compost. I dont see any other compost vendors posting amazing pictures like we do.
Obviously its not made as good. And where are your pictures Slither ???

I think maybe its time I drop out of the compost sales and concentrate on our own supply instead of taking all this flak for trying to help a new product on the market. I make very little money $$ off these DB kit sales so really, why should I care anymore if I have to put up with so much bullshit from the very few unhappy. And even those that have never even ordered and love to talk there shit...
I wanted to help spread a product that I believed in....and I did...yet a few orders to get screwed up from time to time...it happens with every business.

The Hawks Eye continues to send out quality spores and continue to offer new innoventions and help this OMC community.
Not just by being a big financial supporter to the Shroomery, but now I've taken a lot of time learning video editing and am staring to post vidoes. Perhaps I should forget that and just worrying about sending orders every single day since "speedy orders" seems to be the big emphesis lately. Forget the videos who needs them. Everybody wants there spores yesterday.

Nobody is coming here posting about missing orders regarding The Hawks Eye spore business. It does not happen. And I'm working on getting rid of that slow repuation. So dont confuse my business with Dung Brothers please.

I know some of your are frustrated with DB and a little tired of waiting do to the recent mishap with the DB kits. DB did not handle this in a professional manner and I apologize for him. I'm doing my best to work with him to get this straightened out.

He has promised me that all back orders will be taken care of and mailed out within a week. If he does not come through with his word and promise there is nothing more I can do but disassociate myself with him. But I have faith in him...he will come through and get this recent mess handled. IT all started with a bad batch of grain. Had that not happened everything would be flowly smoothly like it was with 98% of the orders for 8+ months. Shit happens from time to time in this hobby when trying to domesticate nature. Not all grain is created equal unfortunatly.

That is about all I can say on this matter for now.
peace

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (01/03/02 07:14 PM)

OfflineNugDumper

#509655 - 01/04/02 12:09 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

In Respons To:

NugDumber, now that I have re-read your post, your making claims your out a $100. Well...lets analyze that for a moment.
You DID RECEIVE a 10LB DB kit. You got the box, the 10lbs of compost and the grain. But the grain was bad.

Ok...so why did you not use the compost ? The compost was still fine. All you had to do was inoculate some jars of rice/verm, birdseed/verm or your own grain and mix it with the compost. That is clearly outlined in the DB instructions on the website. Instead you have let it sit for all this time doing nothing with it. Instead comeing here claiming we ripped you off a $100+ dollars demanding refunds. 2 bags of presterilized rye grain on DB prices is $15 including S&H.
So how do you figure your out a $108 ???

------------------------

-Hey Ryche, mind if I sell you a car with no tires? I mean, you can always use the tires off your old car, so its not a problem that I'm selling you tires that are punctured right?
-You and your associate advertised this as a completely self-sufficient KIT. Since the grain was bad, it was no longer a KIT. You ever think that maybe a person ordered the KIT because they don't have the ability to make brf/verm jars at the moment? Your associate sold me a product which did not meet the advertisements your website made about it. It was not a full kit, it had half the materials and I am supposed to go spend more money because of a mistake on his end? (Not Happenin)
-I am not trying to attack your business or reputation. I am dealing through you only out of necessity. There is no way to reach DB except over snail mail, and it appears with the delay's already at hand, it really wouldn't make much of a difference.

+One Last Note+

-------When and IF this new Kit comes in, I will update this post with nothing but praise for you Ryche. DB owes you much more than the cut he is giving you for dealing with his problems.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #509909 - 01/04/02 07:35 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: World Spirit]
    #510026 - 01/04/02 11:10 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Here we go AGAIN. [Re: Anonymous]
    #510054 - 01/04/02 12:02 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: World Spirit]
    #510079 - 01/04/02 12:50 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Here we go AGAIN. [Re: Anonymous]
    #510175 - 01/04/02 02:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Point well made in both post Mcman.

OfflineNugDumper

.....uhuh.... [Re: isis]
    #510273 - 01/04/02 03:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Good lord McMan, you sound like a politician. Comparing the vendor business to the Tibetan Freedom concerts and fundraisers????? Vendors are guys trying to make money off demand. The reason you are held to higher standards here at The Shroomery is because people here don't want bullshit product, and don't want bullshit promises. If a vendor goes into business, and wants to use The Shroomery as a place to advertise and expose his product, he must be prepared to face the eye of the masses.
I do feel sorry for Ryche in this case because he is dealing with someone else's fuckup. However, it seems as if you just preached us a sermon, but forgot to read the post. I got BAD product, therefore, I will gladly complain and expose poor business dealings. People here would do the same for me, I figure these people want to know who they are dealing with, and what their practices are like. And if your practices do not meet the standards of this community, hit the road. McMan, you are a prime example.

----McMan, you should try selling used cars. You've got that neat ability to change the subject and tilt the facts to make em look all nice and purdy!

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: .....uhuh.... [Re: NugDumper]
    #510349 - 01/04/02 05:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (01/04/02 05:50 PM)

Anonymous

Re: .....uhuh.... [Re: World Spirit]
    #510374 - 01/04/02 06:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

More essays from mcman lV...lol!

I wish I'd checked on this thread earlier, I would have mentioned that nugdumper ripped me off in a spore trade and I would not believe a word he says about the problems he claims he is having with ryches product.

The guys a skid.

OfflineNugDumper

Re: .....uhuh.... [Re: ]
    #510422 - 01/04/02 07:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Once again Max, you come here starting trouble. Over and over and over you claim you sent me product.... yet my mailbox is still empty. You are one of the premier schemers on this board, you even use puppet usernames, and I won't ever deal with a guy who uses puppet user names, sorry. Go sell your Tollowanga strain and other weak ass shit somewhere else. You get no love from this board.

--McMan and The Captain, what a pair. You guys should group your overrpiced products together, one happy rip-off family. Watch out though, McMan is known to "roll over" pretty easy.

--------------------

Anonymous

#510556 - 01/04/02 10:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ME starting trouble? This whole thread is YOU whining!
And now you deny you ever got your end of our trade deal?

After all this time, thats a first!

Imagine that, a trade where posties on both ends fucked up...LOL!

DON'T TRADE WITH NUGDUMPER...HE RIPPED ME OFF, HE WILL YOU TOO!

OfflineNugDumper

Re: .....uhuh.... [Re: ]
    #510751 - 01/05/02 02:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Me whining? Yeah... you know nothing of the situation you are speaking of. Nor does this thread involve you or your shady business practices. Didn't I make it clear I wouldn't deal with you? Why are you still here acting as if I'm trying to? Get a real job Captain Max, quit trying to peddle your second hand strains.

--------------------

OfflineNugDumper

#510753 - 01/05/02 02:55 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, and you forgot to respond to the fact you use puppet user names? You think people can't read here man... get a life.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale