Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerollingbro788
Stranger
 User Gallery
Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help!
    #4710519 - 09/25/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone know if psilos grow in Wisconsin. I read the Shroomery topic about it but one source says there are psilos growing here. However, others say there are no magic mushrooms growing here. I live in southeastern Wisconsin and it has been raining for the past week. I want to go out and look for some if i know for sure there are magic mushrooms growing here. thanks for your help  :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: rollingbro788]
    #4710585 - 09/25/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As far as I know you have two choices.
First: look for Panaeolus subbalteatus.
Second: The best bet is to grow your own...
I did a lil Google on Wiss. and man you guys ain't got much going on as far as Active wild strains!

Good Luck!

Yessup :thumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlinerollingbro788
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: YESSUP]
    #4710639 - 09/25/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

can you tell me what you searchd on google to find that out? I tried searching google and my results were not helpful. I had a feeling we didnt have alot as far as wild strains. Mushrooms are expensive here, costing about $35 for an 8th. If anyone else knows if any other strains grow here, let me know and where i would search for them. Thank you

Invisiblebaycafe
Urawa RedDiamonds
 User Gallery

Loc: 埼玉県&...
    #4710698 - 09/25/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You might consider trying to find Conocybe smithii and Conocybe cyanopus depending on whether you know of any good sphagnum moss bogs in your area. If you make make a find and positive ID, you should snd you findings back to one of the mods here so that they can update the "Which species grow where" FAQ.

--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #4710705 - 09/25/05 04:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

35$ an 1/8th is not that expensive, but lets not talk about drug prices.

Offlinerollingbro788
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: vc77]
    #4710927 - 09/25/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do Conocybe smithii and Conocybe cyanopus contain psylocybin? im new to finding and iding mushrooms so i dont know anything.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #4710960 - 09/25/05 05:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I believe they both contain Psilocybin. google it

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4711383 - 09/25/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Conocybe mushrooms are not for the inexperienced, because some Conocybes are very poisonous.

Plus, i do not believe C. cyanopus & C. smithii grow in Wisconsin or the midwest for that matter.

In wisconsin, especially SE Wisconsin you are basically shroom-less as far as in the wild is concerned.

Panaeolus subbalteatus would be your closest bet.

But, you do have plenty of edible mushrooms that grow there including Morels.
Morel mushrooms are what you should hunt for.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4711405 - 09/25/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
Conocybe mushrooms are not for the inexperienced, because some Conocybes are very poisonous.

Plus, i do not believe C. cyanopus & C. smithii grow in Wisconsin or the midwest for that matter.

In wisconsin, especially SE Wisconsin you are basically shroom-less as far as in the wild is concerned.

Panaeolus subbalteatus would be your closest bet.

But, you do have plenty of edible mushrooms that grow there including Morels.
Morel mushrooms are what you should hunt for.

Agreed.  :thumbup:

Offlinerollingbro788
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4711750 - 09/25/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what do morels look like and what would be the purpose of eating them? do they taste good?

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4712309 - 09/25/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

A google search on "morel photo" will give you more photos than you can shake a stick at. They are considered among the very best tasting mushrooms. Be aware that there are also False Morels out there, and some of them are potentially deadly poisonous. They are not difficult to tell apart, but be sure of what you have before you eat any. Morels come up in May (or near then).

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinephish_head_wi
Stranger
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #5736751 - 06/11/06 01:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

To Great One: I just wanna say that your knowledge of mush is sick, but people in WI hunting for shrooms are pretty much screwed, and when you tell them to hunt for morels, it's like rubbing it in their face, and it doesn't feel too good.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: phish_head_wi]
    #5736816 - 06/11/06 01:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

phish_head_wi, you have officially been declared a neromancer. (You'll get it eventually...)

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery
Loc: usa
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #6143507 - 10/07/06 02:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

hey, if yall didnt see yet, you CAN FIND ACTIVES in wiconsin, i almost think there is some conspiracy, deturing people from even trying to find em around here, we the wisconsin natives, have to search all alone and no books reall will give acounts of them being here. i belive no one looks hard enough. no one finds old grasses and lands that haven't changed for a hundred years, I found ACTIVE gymnopolis spectabilis, beautifull specimens, and , CONOCYBE CYANOPUS in northern wisconsin, north of crivits, in cemetary grass with moss underneath it, they were pretty small, but not a small as some mycenas, they bruised blue from the base up, fresh ones only at the base, and older ones about to shrivle up would turn all blue. you have to eat a gigantic handfull of either of these species, but the cyanopus was incredible, the cleanest, clearest, quickest hight i ever felt. trully hallucinogenic, colorfull, and tasted like the smell of a bad turd. the gyms i found, are moderatly active, to weakly active, but if you don't got shit, and you find 2.5 OZ dried oz like it did, i think its definatley worth the time and effort. i finally paid for all my hunts this year with both these magical finds. keep looking bro, there here, and probably a couple of species knowone even knows about there. gyms were found sept11TH adn conocybe august 26TH. look now in the colder weather, thats the best time, and when most think its just too cold for anything to pop up. THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!GO LOOK!!!!

--------------------
http://

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: sporeRider]
    #6145943 - 10/08/06 06:55 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

First things first....this thread is OLD. Stop bumping old threads.

There are 0, null, no actives in WI. The only "consipracy" is people like yourself and snoot (if you both aren't the same people) that keep saying they find cubensis and other actives In wisconsin. Other than the slim chance of pan subs, there is nothing.

You can keep saying there are actives until you are blue in the face. Get some confirmed proof of these "actives" you both find and post them. Oherwise, it's just bullshit, and you are sending new hunters on a wild goose chase.

It's like me saying "I found Cyans in IL" ...but I can't prove it in anyway whatsoever. You are saying nothing here.

it's always the same thing with you guys. "I found some, but DOH, didn't have my camera" pfft.

Edited by srgtm1a (10/08/06 07:02 AM)

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: srgtm1a]
    #6145946 - 10/08/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Haha this thread just doesnt want to die! :grin:

Invisiblecoon
big odd son

Loc: behind the rows....
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! *DELETED* [Re: Feelers]
    #6145949 - 10/08/06 07:01 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by coon

Reason for deletion: m

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: coon]
    #6145956 - 10/08/06 07:12 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coon said:
cheese in Wisconsin,yes?

heh, cheese yes, good edible hunting yes, actives NO.

This thread needs to be locked due to misinformation from a puppet.

Edited by srgtm1a (10/08/06 07:23 AM)

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery
Loc: usa Flag
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: srgtm1a]
    #7084224 - 06/23/07 04:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

so srgmta or whatever, look at my valuable wi info thread, and see that workman was sent pics and samples and confirmed the finds bro. spread real true information, and quit hating, you can see that the founder fo sporeworks, said they were conocybe smithii , and check out the gyms, i got sum new digi pics of harvested bluing gyms, and i got to wait till august for the conocybe smithii up north, no need to call anyone puppets bro, if everyone acted like you, people would never search any states but washington and no new actives in new spots would be found. I strive for perfection and hey, don't believe, theres alot more for me and my friends then. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HEAR BOUT WISCONSIN"S ACTIVES CHECK OUT MY THREAD - valualble wisconsin infoo!!!actives found. and see for yourself. Pm me if your serious about learning techniques to hunt for them here in wisconsin. We got lots and lots of poisonous and deadly ones, but look harder and closer, you will be suprised, AND i never once said anything bout cubies here, i go to houston to get those or in my closet farm. WE got a couple kinds of active gyms, and conocybe smithii up north. Peace from wi. And good luck. Do your research you will be rewarded

--------------------
http://

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Knowledgable/Experienced Mushroom Hunters please help! [Re: sporeRider]
    #7084287 - 06/23/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Wiscokid, we get it. You are a pioneer in the great state of Wisconsin.

How about you stop with the oppression and conspiracy BS and just post the links to your pictures. Nobody wants to go searching around for your thread.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies