Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon San Pedro, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE?
    #4712000 - 09/26/05 12:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

now before i start, i wanted to make sure that people are aware, that if they have not been to a rave sober, let alone tripping, than they have no right to bad mouth this practice, but positive and intelligent input is certainly welcome.

Now, the first rave i ever went to, was in Ames, IA, and i chose to eat mushrooms at the show. Ecstasy (synthetic drugs in general) does not appeal to me, so i chose to eat my beloved mushrooms before we had ever even found the venue. I started tripping before we could track down this exact barn / warehouse complex, but it turned out that this rave we were going to was going to consist of nothing but Goa / Psy trance, which is very spiritual / carrying energy / great music. haha! another characteristic of GOA / PSYTRANCE parties is that they are very artistic and beautiful, containing many black lights, UV banners, posters, relative art work, and of course plenty of oil lamps, and computer-aided visualizations. i was tripping balls before i ever got into the rave, not knowing what to expect, and it turned out to be the best time of my life. I was able to get past the initial nausea, look past all the sweaty strangers, and connect with this music on such a level that i thought my brain was going to leave my skull. My brain was experiencing such extreme amounts of euphoria that i remember simply yelling and screaming at different parts of the DJs' sets simply because my body felt like it was going to explode with happiness. I have a new found love for raving, and more specifically, Psytrance, and i recommend that people who are interested in this should download some tracks by the group Infected Mushroom or Astral Projection, and try listening to these while on mushrooms. One more piece of advice would simply be to MAKE SURE, that you are in a STRONG / CLEAR / GOOD mindset before eating mushrooms on ANY occasion, including at a rave. once in the building, the amount of strangers, the high paced music, and all the lights and trippy ass visuals sometimes overwhelm people (like my partner that attended my first rave with me), and he ended up throwing up all over the place and not being able to dance or anything, so we simply had to call his girlfriend up, smoke a few blunts, in order to get him to chill out. Some people don't like it, some people do, so please post about experiences / comments with an open mind! look forward to hearing about this topic from the rest of the Shroomery... ya never know who could share your hobbies / interests :smile: PSYTRANCE!!!!!!!!!

Pics from the show.

From da back. Check out all those visuals, WOW!

From da front! view from the DJ!

look at all the pretty lights :smile:

my friend and his girl, once he calmed down and started having FUN!

If anyone wants some more information about Midwest raves, or more specifically, Midwest GOA/PSY parties, just PM me. this party was called M.A.G.E. II (midwest annual goa experience), i know the promoter, and MAGE III will be happening in april in eastern iowa!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: PookztA]
    #4712028 - 09/26/05 12:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Are visuals not the most interesting in the dark or in the natural world? The best sounds are found in silence.....
Its taboo to overdo it like in the pictures you show.
And beats aint nothing compared to good music.
My own point of view, not an insult. Just a desired platform.

Invisibleking_cobra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: stemmer]
    #4712057 - 09/26/05 12:23 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

me thinks you have never listened to goa before.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: king_cobra]
    #4712095 - 09/26/05 12:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I should im shure, Goa must be great.
Shrooms are best in darkness, nature, silence or something like silence. Thats all.
Is goa acidjazzy at all, as I lack in the normal jive-speak?
I might just buy the album.

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: king_cobra]
    #4712112 - 09/26/05 12:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i started listening to GOA way back at the beginning of highschool, i started with the obvious (the artists i listed) Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection. after that rave, which was last october, i got way more into electronic music and i know damn plenty about both goa AND psy. thanks for that insight tho, i guess it really doesnt matter what u think i know, because i am the one who knows it :wink: (and your just thinking about it). the pictures are just to show what the experience was sorta like, to show the amount of people, the set up, the lights, etc. its not to prove a point.. and i was mainly getting at the fact that the music is what i connected with, more than the show. i have found that nature is way more fun to be in while tripping, and therefore i travelled all over the midwest this summer attending Goa/Psy outdoor parties, that lasted all weekend. Infact, if u go to www.chilluminati.org, ull see about some upcoming out door shows that are taking place out doors so that we can appreciate the end of summer / beginning of fall weather.

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

#4712142 - 09/26/05 12:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

goa does have some acid jazz qualities to it, but u have to find the right sub-genre of goa or psy in order to find ur style. I prefer the dark / full-on goa, as it usually has this energy that will force me to dance straight through my entire trip(usually more than 6 if the music is right), but if you want to download a free sample mix of some acid jazz inspired goa trance, there is this DJ from madison, WI named Toki that plays with the Audiognomes. Below i hyperlinked a great mix of Toki's, as well as a mix from Underfoot (which is more my type of psy), from www.audiognomes.com
Toki: A Wonk To Remember
Underfoot: Everlasting Impact

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Wounder Land
    #4712221 - 09/26/05 12:53 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I TOO PREFER GOA/PSYTRANCE TO HARD STYLE AND SORTS! X REALLY ISN'T MY FAVORITE NEITHER, ALL ABOUT THE :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow:WHEN LISTENING TO PSY. INFECTED IS TIGHT...NOT SO MUCH THEIR NEW STUFF BUT I STILL GOT MY SELECTION. TRY COSMA, RINKADINK. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SIMON POSFORD (AKA SHPONGLE (W/RAJA RAM), HALLUCINOGEN AND SO ON) A VERY TALENTED GUY. I LIKE THE 1ST SONG ON HIS NEW ALBUM (UNDER SHPONGLE) Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost. IT SETS THE DREAM
CHECK OUT HIS HOME PAGE http://www.shpongle.com/frame-main.htm
ALSO THIS LINKS TO A BIG ASS DATA BASE FOR PSY-TRANCE, CHECK IT OUT http://www.psydb.net/
I DON'T LIVE IN IOWA, BUT PM ME WITH ANY LINKS YOU HAVE FOR PSY PARTIES AROUND THE WEST COAST! IT CERTAINLY A GROWING THING! CHECK IT OUT!

--------------------
Wisdom Is Respected Hatred Is Rejected -- STEEL PULSE

Man to man is so unjust, children
You don't know who to trust
Your worst enemy could be your best friend
And your best friend your worst enemy -- BOB MARLEY

It's ok if you want to experment with drugs.
It's when you begin to dwell on them drugs,
THAT'S when it's time to stop!  -- EDDIE

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4712255 - 09/26/05 01:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Im just a purist who dislikes raves and rave kids, im just kidding around though. And if your not that creative as to find my style which meets silense half way, then I shouldnt be asking you such questions.
Geeze, I got into music and then bang-hard, some critiques.
And also, fat visuals during a personally visual experience is atleast ironic. Music is one thing, but the visuals are just fun, not your experience. I was just saying that danceing to that same music in a dark sellar by yourself is the best that it can get. The rave deal is too overstimulating in the realm of shroom use, And ironic, literally. No offence cause you might want that stimulation.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4712265 - 09/26/05 01:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i WASNT TRYING TO BE A JERK.

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

#4712319 - 09/26/05 01:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

stemmer - i know your not trying to be a jerk, but ive been reading many posts in which u have replied to, and u seem to have to include that line "im not trying to be mean" "im not trying to offend u" "im not trying to be an ass", and my best guess is that if an extra post, clarifying your good intentions, is necessary, than maybe u should quit wasting time and just make your original post a bit more open minded, and less accusational. and your absolutely right, sometimes i find myself questioning why i am dancing in a dark cellar to this music, but the mushrooms allow me to experience that "dancing in a dark cellar" in a phenomenal way that produces a feeling that i never would have discovered / achieved had i not eaten some magic mushrooms. and visuals are trippy in them selves, yes, but when your actually TRIPPING, looking at trippy imagery, u can just get fucking lost in it. and i guess ill conclude by saying that i agree with you 100%, and to account for the experience that is lost when i am eating mushrooms in a dark building, with music, i would like to stress that i also experience and enjoy mushrooms in other ways as well. there is only a rave "worth tripping at" once in a while for me, so i will also plan nature hikes, movies, deep conversations, darkness, silence, and plenty of other cool ways to try eating mushrooms. in fact, i would like to ask you for suggestions, since i mainly trip at raves, as to what i should try to do for a truly unique experience? ive never eaten more than 4g of mushrooms, and i have recently become very deep and close friends with someone who has eaten sheets of lsd, and he he has never eaten more than a half an 8th of mushrooms. i am looking to have an out of body, INSANE experience. i have never had a bad trip, ever, and whenever i trip i mentally prepare for the trip, making sure that my life is in a good place, and i have a strong / clear / positive mind set before consuming anything. I am looking to jump from a 4g trip, to eating 1/4th oz (7g), and seeing where that will take me. i would be eating those in my apartment to start, watching a very spiritual psytrance / visual movie, and then i will be moving onto some form of nature hike or some shit. Stemmer, any recommendations on what to do with my self when i eat this much? i have always been fascinated by the visuals produced in the darkness when i close my eyes and just let my mind wander, so i figured u may be able to give me some tips along the lines of tripping in darkness / silence. help me out bro!

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Wounder Land
    #4712377 - 09/26/05 01:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, FIRST CHOICE IS SILENCE FOR ME TOO WHILE ON SHROOMS...BUT SOME TIMES YOU JUST LIKE TO LET GO. FOR EXAMPLE, I MIGHT DRINK A BEER AND TALK WITH MY FRIEND EVERY NOW AND THEN  :chugbeer: BUT SOMETIMES I JUST LIKE TO GET FCUKED UP :faded:. STEMMER, FROM SOME OF YOUR OTHER POST I THINK WE ARE ALIKE IN ALOT OF WAYS, I JUST LEFT A POST AGREEING WITH YOUR OPINION! PERSONALLY I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A RAVE SINCE LAST OCTOBER...NOT REALLY MY THING EITHER! BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GO TO A PSY-TRANCE GATHERING! FOR THE EXPERIENCE.
I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS TRING TO BE A JERK...I GUESS PEOPLE JUST HAVE THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT CERTAIN THING.

:2cents:

--------------------
Wisdom Is Respected Hatred Is Rejected -- STEEL PULSE

Man to man is so unjust, children
You don't know who to trust
Your worst enemy could be your best friend
And your best friend your worst enemy -- BOB MARLEY

It's ok if you want to experment with drugs.
It's when you begin to dwell on them drugs,
THAT'S when it's time to stop!  -- EDDIE

Offlineswiftrance
Let there belight

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: Blue_Shrooms]
    #4712447 - 09/26/05 01:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

sry man but someone has to say it:

LAY OFF THE CAPS! it's like youre screaming.

:nono:

--------------------

InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
    #4712508 - 09/26/05 01:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Im just a purist who dislikes raves and rave kids, im just kidding around though. And if your not that creative as to find my style which meets silense half way, then I shouldnt be asking you such questions.
Geeze, I got into music and then bang-hard, some critiques.
And also, fat visuals during a personally visual experience is atleast ironic. Music is one thing, but the visuals are just fun, not your experience. I was just saying that danceing to that same music in a dark sellar by yourself is the best that it can get. The rave deal is too overstimulating in the realm of shroom use, And ironic, literally. No offence cause you might want that stimulation.

you think you have life nailed down and that everything you do is right. here's an idea that i think everyone can agree with "let people experience life the way they choose too." you're here talking about drugs yet you still seem to come off sounding like my parents/teachers/preacher. i read a quote once from someones signature on this board. i've added it to your already horrible rating so you can read it whenever you want but here it is.

"Judging others from within the boundaries of your own opinions, how could you be anything other than wrong?" -Dogen zenji, 1226

you do things your way and let everyone else do things their own way. who the fuck are you to say that your way is right?

Mod edit: rude language, be nice!

--------------------
Stay Blue!

Edited by Annom (09/26/05 05:55 AM)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: JackTackle]
    #4713073 - 09/26/05 09:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I do indeed speak from my own experiences. I do state my opinion or sometimes otherwise. The latter is to see how people recieve one who has an opinion. And I dont mean for you to think my way is right because realisticaly even If I talk about some general group of shroomers, its full of opinionated points of view and you know thats not very persuasive,and should either not be taken seriously, or should be funny to you. Half the time im kidding around.
Im never directly insulting unless you choose to take it that way.
Its an interesting way to provolk conversation too.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #4713846 - 09/26/05 01:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i find dancing to be the most spiritual experience i've ever, well, experienced :-p. Meditation is supposed to put you in the moment right? Well, what if dancing does that for you?

I just purchased an mp3 album of infected mushroom to see if i can get into goa, but my particular style of dancing doesn't seem to correlate so well with the trancier aspects of electronic music. But I do find the mysterious sounds to be quite appealing.

Goa events are much different than traditional clubs and events. Their primary function is to instigate transcendance by inducing a trance-like state. You become your surroundings, and the people around you. You become the music when you dance much like how you become the breath when you meditate.

One size does not fit all. Some people like onions, and others prefer apples. Your mileage may vary.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineanon420
Stranger
Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: entiformatie]
    #4715271 - 09/26/05 05:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Dancing on shrooms ... is friggin amazing.. you will learn so much about the music, your body an ddancing. First trip was at an outdoor festival that got more rave-ish as the night went on. It was amazing and beautiful. It's pretty hard to go wrong. I definitely recommend it :smile:

OfflineGreentality
Observer of Life

#21167008 - 01/23/15 01:12 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I had a friend, he invited me to split 6g or so with him. Once we got into the trip, we were just talking about mushrooms in general, and our experiences. He told me he had never taken shrooms outside of a rave before this trip. And for me (having never even been to a rave) I use shrooms for very introspective purposes. Kind of opposite ends of the spectrum. It opened my eyes a bit as to how you can really utilize these substances by altering set and setting.

Personally, Like i said, never been even to a concert or festival, I would LOVE to shroom or trip face on some L at a rave. I know how incredible music and light shows are when your tripping and being surrounded by other people going passionately wild would be a wonderful time!

--------------------
"Would you like to hear my secret?
You see, I dont mind what happens."

Offlineak47myth
Stranger

Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: Greentality]
    #21167035 - 01/23/15 01:23 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

9 year old thread. :youseethisshit:

OfflineLogicaL Chaos
UFOs are Real
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: ak47myth] * 1
    #21167059 - 01/23/15 01:34 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Its a Timeless topic. :yesnod:

--------------------
Wanna See some amazing military aircraft? Check out the nearest, strange-looking military base near you.
:sunny: Oregon Eclipse Festival :: Aug 19th to 21st :: I got to visit Paradise. :sunny:
:sanpedro::bongload:  Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana - This is Pure Psychedelic Synergy:bongload::sanpedro:
:rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Method (WARNING: NOT FOR NOOBIES!) :rainbowdrink:
:shpongle:Shpongle said: Like the Universe sitting on your face, Plugged into Gaia's Brain, in a Wyrd dripping Cavernous Labyrinth.
Following the String of Semi-Madness, Brain Gymnastics, Sonic Elastics, Frying the Mind Circuits.:shpongle:
:coaster:
My Simple Mycelium (Ps. cubenis) Cultivation & Extraction Project

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (01/23/15 01:57 PM)

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: anyone eat mushrooms at a RAVE? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21167120 - 01/23/15 01:54 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I have never been to a rave whilst on shrooms. I tried listening to goa/trance/psy etc whilst tripping, but I didn't like it. It was stressing me out.

Whilst I'm tripping on shrooms I prefer listening to some calm and pagan music, like Dead Can Dance (my fav shroom soundtrack!). But I enjoyed listening to those types of music whilst on the come down/after glow.

I think maybe mescaline would be a more suitable substance for a rave. It gives more energy and makes you feel more speedy. Most likely no yawning involved.

Rave/Trance etc sounds best to me whilst I'm sober, or herbalized (in the past, now have quit).

--------------------
FEED-YOUR-HEAD

Edited by Dr. Delban (01/23/15 01:55 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon San Pedro, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience