Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Jimi Hendrix, Lava Lamp, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineredshorts3387
Stranger
Tips for tripping
    #4711529 - 09/25/05 10:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hey ladies and gents.  I have been eating shrooms for a little while, about 7 times total now.  Each time I eat them I usually eat 1/8 and smoke a few bowl packs while I am waiting for the effects to kick in to ensure a good trip.  I do have an incredible time each trip, but I've never had any really crazy experiences or internal journies I've been reading about all over this site.  Does anyone know the proper way to take them?  Should I be smoking before hand or does that dull the effect in anyway?  Me and a buddy are going to be tripping this weekend in my room with the lights off and some easy going music on really low.  Is there anything else anyone can recommend to have a good experience?  Thanks for any help. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Tips for tripping [Re: redshorts3387]
    #4711589 - 09/25/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Go outside! It's so much better then tripping inside. Usually, when me and my friends trip, we start out inside, but always go outside. Get a small boombox deal and carry it around with you.

Laying in a grassy field, watching a starry sky, with Floyd or Hendrix, is unbelievable.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips for tripping [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #4711792 - 09/25/05 11:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Stop takeing eighths every time, and smoking pot does make it more intense but muddy. If your mentioning how many trips you have taken that means youd like to count them and have likely done them in close prox. to each other. You are not very receptive to the message, thats all. You dont just pull a spiritual experience of "nowhere" (no swears), you have to be smart about it.
I would recommend acid to anyone who has such a brick wall in front of them. ACid helps the your future use of shrooms. Unless you like to read...... (Another way)
Take more if its so damn relaxed. Save up, and eat the heroic dose, 5 grams.
Out side is good or best(no sounds but that of nature), and screw the music unless you are interested in the audio-visuals, and "time-play".
I get off on 1.00 grams cause I know what im talking about and what I feel. Thats what youll hear from the most knowledgable users.
Users who can use a hard edge with people who cant respect 3.5 grams in the right light.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips for tripping [Re: stemmer]
    #4711797 - 09/25/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Not trying to be a jerk at all. By the way

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4711802 - 09/25/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

agreed being outside makes it soo much better.. u might want to up the dose a bit but thats totally at ur disgression and how strong of a trip u would like.. smoking before hand is a nice way to kill time before the shrooms actually kick in.. well i hope i helped.. later bro

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Wounder Land
Re: Tips for tripping [Re: Banez]
    #4712019 - 09/26/05 12:15 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I PERSONALLY DON'T SMOKE THE GANJA WHILE SHROOMIN'. I HAVE ACHIEVED THE INTERNAL JOURNEYS WHICH YOU SPEAK ABOUT AND WHO HERE HASN'T EXPERIENCED THE CRAZY EPISODES!

I ONCE READ THAT WHEN IN DOUBT UP THE DOSE...THAT EXTRA GRAM OR SO MIGHT JUST HELP BREAK YOU THROUGH, BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER NOT EVERYONE CAN TAKE THOSE SPIRITUAL JOURNEYS! SOME PEOPLE SEE WHAT THEY DESCRIBE AS "HEAVEN" WHILE OTHERS ONLY SEE TRIPPY SHIT! IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PERSON, THE MOOD AND THE DOSE -- IMO!

DO AS THESE GUYS SUGGEST, UP THE DOSE (IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH IT), START INSIDE THEN AROUND PEAK TAKE IT OUTSIDE AND SCREW THE RADIO. TRY LISTENING TO NATURE FOR ONE TRIP (NO BATTERIES REQUIRED). IF ITS NOT YOUR KIND OF SETTING REVERT BACK TO YOUR NORMAL TRIP SETTING!

**ALSO, STEEMER SAID (IN MY OWN WORDS, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG) DON'T SHROOM SO MANY TIMES IN SUCH A SHORT TIME FRAME! YOU BECOME IMMUNE TO THE EFFECTS IN A SENSE. AND YOU WOUNDER WHY CHURCH IS MAINLY ONLY ON SUNDAYS (1 DAY A WEEK WITH MOST RELIGIONS). DON'T DWELL ON THE GIFT :mushroom2: FROM GOD

--------------------
Wisdom Is Respected Hatred Is Rejected -- STEEL PULSE

Man to man is so unjust, children
You don't know who to trust
Your worst enemy could be your best friend
And your best friend your worst enemy -- BOB MARLEY

It's ok if you want to experment with drugs.
It's when you begin to dwell on them drugs,
THAT'S when it's time to stop!  -- EDDIE

Offlineredshorts3387
Stranger
    #4712030 - 09/26/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Actually you are no where close stemmer. I have done shrooms 7 times over the last 3 years. I don't do them any more often then at LEAST 3-4 months in between. And I mentioned the music and dark room because I saw that in a few other threads so I wanted to see what other people who are far more experienced than me think. And I've only done 1/8's because that is all that I can get where I am, nothing less, and all that I have ever done. I apologize for not taking shrooms for spiritual reasons, I have not read up on it enough to understand. I simply like the feeling it provides and enjoy being ripped from reality.

The past times I have done shrooms, I believe just about every time (maybe 6 of the 7) I have gone to a friends house or gone down to the lake with a few buddies and sat on the dock at night, which is of course very enjoyable. I was just looking to try something different and saw that someone stated they liked to trip solo in their room with music on very low and I wanted to get some advice before I do something such as that.

Lastly, I do not appreciate your comments about the brick wall and such. And I ask that if it is not too difficult for you, do not reply to my thread again as I do not care for your words any longer. Oh yeah, not trying to be a jerk or anything.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4712065 - 09/26/05 12:24 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, didnt mean to piss you off. The, why cant I get off is what I responded to. Internal journies follow the path of logic if you hold them to be relavent, so listen harder. LESS PEOPLE AROUND YOU, if that offends you?
The proper way to "take them" is to eat them.

Offlineswiftrance
Let there belight

#4712509 - 09/26/05 01:52 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

... on an empty stomach :laugh:
:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineredshorts3387
Stranger
    #4712528 - 09/26/05 01:57 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You didn't piss me off stemmer, I just thought you were rather blunt and rude at first. Of course I know that you are supposed to eat them. I was curious if anyone more experienced like yourself knew of a more correct way to use their gift. For instance, would you suggest I smoke pot after consuming the mushrooms and before they kick in? Or is it better to just eat them and relax? I have had the fun of tripping with a bunch of friends several times already, I'm looking for something a little different this time, something more internal. Just because I am not familiar with the spiritual aspect of shrooms doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn. If you have any tips or links that you feel are important, please post them. Thanks again.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#4712832 - 09/26/05 04:26 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

pot made me hallucinate when i was coming down off my eccys (green mitsis), but of course, this is a stage where i am so immune to pot that it does nothing more than 'chill me out'. So when it made me see shit, of course I was so happy.... i dont know about shrooms though. I had some cones while i was waiting to come up, but didnt seem to make much different, but then again, im a fuckin pot junkie so what would i know lol
couldnt hurt, though. its all natural... maybe some cookies?

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4712971 - 09/26/05 07:36 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I would recommend that you eat the shrooms and chill out for awhile until they start to take effect.  Pot will certainly intensify the experience, but I would definitely recommend only smoking it after you've started tripping.  This way, you can more clearly see how the mushrooms are affecting you, without muddying the data by starting off high.

The next step of course would be to up your doseage, if you can get more.  Try 4.5+ grams, or whatever suits you.  Regardless of the doseage, I personally never eat all my mushrooms at once.  I always save some to prolong the length of the experience, which is pretty short with psilocybin.  This also provides for a smoother comedown.

OK, here's my #1 tip:  You've taken nitrous before while tripping?  If the answer is no (and even if it is yes), try it!  Nitrous adds a whole new dimension to the experience--albeit only for a short period of time.  Great combination. :thumbup:

You will likely have the most intense internal experiences if you are alone, since no one will be there to distract you. (Just FYI)

Quote:

redshorts3387 said:
I apologize for not taking shrooms for spiritual reasons, I have not read up on it enough to understand.  I simply like the feeling it provides and enjoy being ripped from reality.

LOL --  I think you were being a tad facetious, but regardless, it's important to understand and respect the fact that people take mushrooms for different reasons.  There are some fundamentalist shroomers on here who see the mushroom as a sacred object that must only be taken in spiritual rituals.  That's fine.  But there's nothing wrong with taking them for the reasons you stated.  (I'd expand on this, but I'm too sleepy right now.)

I've had many a wonderful trip by myself, or with a shroombuddy, just chilling out in my rumpus room.  Just pick out your music (make sure it's accessible, since fumbling around for stuff can be a hassle when you're tripping your balls off  :grin:).  If you are a person who understand and values the importance of mood lighting, then alter the lighting to set the vibe.  Colored light bulbs, lava lamps, candles, and glowsticks can be valuable additions in creating a psychedelic atmosphere.  If you already possess any trip toys then there's no better time to have them out.

-I personally enjoy movies a great deal. (movie buff)  I've had some amazing experiences watching movies while tripping, such as watching 2001: A Space Odyssey.  Those are always an option.

Lessee here... I think that about covers it for now.  If you remember nothing else, remember the nitrous. :wink:

Have fun!

Offlinecanada_rules2201
Stranger
Re: Tips for tripping [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4733487 - 09/29/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i definatly think that u need more shrooms. I usually drop a quatre ounce on an empty stumach and that brings me to a level 5. Also trippin while alone helps me alot. Like the last time i dropped i had 8 g's and i wasent feeling anything while i was with my friends (for about 3-4 hours) but when i got home I was like WOW. Most intense trip to date. Goodluck and i hope i helped

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Jimi Hendrix, Lava Lamp, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience