Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePyjamas
Stranger
How long for mushroom use to be untraceable?
    #4710019 - 09/25/05 03:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hey there

I was just wondering how long does it take for psilocybin to completely work its way out of the bodies' system?

I know for THC its something like 28 days and then its gone forever, but is this the case with mushrooms? Do they leave any permanent clues, as it were?

Thanks

--------------------
. . . Lime and limpid green, the sound surrounds the icy waters underground . . .

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: How long for mushroom use to be untraceable? [Re: Pyjamas]
    #4710027 - 09/25/05 03:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Who actually tests for psilocybin?  I think the number you're looking for is a 24-48 hours, give or take a day. (guessing here)  At one time I took a big drug test that supposedly tested for psilocybin, only 2 days after dosing, and I got the job. :tongue2:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisiblePyjamas
Stranger
    #4710049 - 09/25/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I know that standard drug tests may not return any clues, but if certain medical tests are actually looking for a particular drug, it can show up very easily ... LSD is like this i've been told, but it's also an expensive test to use, so it is very uncommon. Something to do with fluid in the lower spinal column??

I'm just being paranoid. I haven't taken any since May so i think I'm clean but i just like to be sure.

--------------------
. . . Lime and limpid green, the sound surrounds the icy waters underground . . .

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
    #4710160 - 09/25/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The fluid in your spinal column is a myth, it drains 7 times a day. LSD is completely out of your system within 72 hours, I expect the same from Psilocybin.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: How long for mushroom use to be untraceable? [Re: Rustifer]
    #4710175 - 09/25/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms and Drug Tests
by www.erowid.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tested for in Standard Drug Tests? NO
Tested for in Extended Drug Tests? Sometimes
Possible to test for? YES
Detection Period in Urine 1-3 days

The first thing to know about mushrooms and drug tests is that psilocybin and psilocin, the primary psychoactive substances in psilocybe mushrooms, are not commonly tested for in the standard drug test. The basic drug test, currently used for nearly all corporate and sports testing programs, checks for 5 types of substances

Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)
Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)
Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)
Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
Phencyclidine (PCP)
Even the extended employment drug tests used by most companies do not test for the presence of psilocybin or psilocin. For more information on the basic and extended drug tests...see the Drug Testing Vault.
It is, however, technically possible to detect psilocybin and psilocin with a drug test and we have received reports of psilocybin testing during criminal probation and a school-related drug test. Because they are less standard, these tests are more expensive to give than the basic test. The more expensive and comprehensive drug tests are sometimes used in cases where there is specific reason to believe that psilocybin mushrooms use is an issue; for example, an individual who is on probation for mushroom use might be specifically tested for the presence of psilocybin in hir system. However, generally mushroom use does not cause an individual to test positive on most random drug tests given by an employer or school.

Once ingested, most of the psilocybin is converted into psilocin within the first hour. Most of the psilocin is then excreted within the first 8 hours...but portions remain in the system for several weeks. From Stafford's Psychedelics Encyclopedia:

"High dose studies of rats suggest that psilocin taken orally is distributed througout the body. Concentrations in tissues appear highest about half an hour after ingestion, decreasing rapidly over the next three to four hours. The adrenal glands of the test animals show the highest concentrations after the first hour, until then the kidneys have more. The small intestine, skin, bone marrow, lungs, stomach, and salivary glands also have significant concentrations-- greater, in fact, than those in the brain...

In the high dose study of rats, all but 6 pecent of the psilocybin was excreted within twenty-four hours. In humans, only 80-85% of psilocybin and its metabolites is excerted within 8 hours, in the urine (about 65%), bile and feces (15-20%). Some 15-20% olingers on, stored in fatty tissues; significant quantitites appear in urine up to a week later. A full 25% of the originally administered dose enters urine as psilocin."

--------------------

Offlinekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
Re: How long for mushroom use to be untraceable? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #4719138 - 09/27/05 11:48 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This is what Alexander Shulgin has to say about it.

from the end of the article:
Quote:

So, yes, you certainly can be tested for mushrooms, but I know of no laboratory that is presently set up to perform this analysis.

Most of these human studies have been performed in the last three or four years, largely in Switzerland, and represent the cutting edge of present day research. It will be quite some time before these procedures will be part of any random urine test.

So I guess you're safe for now.

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: How long for mushroom use to be untraceable? [Re: koppie]
    #4719167 - 09/27/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I wonder what kind of drug test law enforement agencies run, prior to hiring..I'm sure they look for psiloc(yb)in.

Pluto

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being