Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFaucon_Balvarius
Entheogenicist

Loc: Seattle, WA
Problem with Cow Poo....
    #4709812 - 09/25/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I inoculated my cow poo with my rye berry substrate a few days ago. Anyway, I am currently seeing fast, fluffy white growth that I am 100% sure is not the mycelium. At this stage, am I still in trouble?

--------------------
"Back in my day, people didn't smoke because it was the thing to do, it was the thing to do because it got you high, can ya dig it?".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problem with Cow Poo.... [Re: Faucon_Balvarius]
    #4709953 - 09/25/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you are 100% sure then toss it...
Have you a photo?

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

OfflineFaucon_Balvarius
Entheogenicist

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Problem with Cow Poo.... [Re: blackout]
    #4709987 - 09/25/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

no photo, but my ryb berries started to get block mold on one side so I cut out a forth on the other side and used that. Unfortunately it didn't mix well with my poo and they only sit in a few different areas. The abnormal fuzzy white growth is outside of those areas where I put the rye berries. Could it be cobweb?

--------------------
"Back in my day, people didn't smoke because it was the thing to do, it was the thing to do because it got you high, can ya dig it?".

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Problem with Cow Poo.... [Re: Faucon_Balvarius]
    #4710043 - 09/25/05 03:50 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well, cobweb is like...put it this way.

If you were to roast some marshmallows for s'mores, and you were trying to do the mallow as slow as possible. You want it golden brown. As you slowly roast it, you constantly pull it away from the fire to look at it thinking "Shoot I burnt it" only to see that the "burnt" look was simply the reflection of the flame making it look darker than it was. So you put it back. You do this five or six times, then you take it away...and the motherfucker is black. You look at it, and you KNOW you burnt the shit out of it. Cobweb is kind of like seeing a burnt marshmallow. You know what burnt is. Cobweb is some ugly shit,a nd there is no mistaking.

Okay bad analogy. Point being is you should take a look in the contamination forums for pictures of cobweb. There are some solid photos of out-of-control cobweb. If you have cobweb, you will know in another day or two. If you don't have it, no loss. If you do - well, what would you have done anyway?

Hope that gives you some confidence. Don't be afraid to experiment and flirt with failure. We all have failed over and over again - and in my opinion, failing is the best way to learn about this hobby. Success isn't going to teach you what not to do, only what WILL work. You will find more success avoiding the wrong things, rather than working towards what you "hope" is right. In other words, fuck it. Don't worry about it. If it's myc you will be happy, and if it is cobweb you will learn.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation