Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetoreachnirvana
popcorn question
    #4701683 - 09/23/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

a friend of my is using popcorn as substrate. it seems to be taking a long time to colonize. is this normal ? hes used to using rye. what temp should the room be for faster colonization. also can he case with 50/50 right over popcorn with out adding compost? thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: popcorn question [Re: toreachnirvana]
    #4701943 - 09/23/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

1. I dont know Just have PATIENCE
2. Incubation temp 86 Degrees
3. POP CORN SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS SPAWN so my answer is spawn to compost. BUT you can get mushrooms from popcorn cased alone BUT no where near the size potency and weight as if you spawned.

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: popcorn question [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4702949 - 09/23/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ive used popcorn for my first 3 or 4 grows with good results, finaly got me some poo so im working on that now and trying out WBS. i think that WBS is going faster than my popcorn did. but ya you can case with 50/50 heres a pic of cased popcorn i did.. ended up getting 2 oz dried off of it.. and none of my friends complained about lack of potency..

and heres a pic of some mushrooms from a popcorn casing i dumped out into my grass clipping pile over the summer..

all the mushrooms in the pics are "allens". and the average weight from the outdoor ones was 30-70gr wet, and indoor was 10-20 gr wet..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlineazurescens
Re: popcorn question [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4703694 - 09/24/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Then I would say that your friends haven't had good shrooms.. Popcorn lacks the nutes for fruits as opposed to poop. It doesn't compare..PERIOD!!!

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: popcorn question [Re: azurescens]
    #4703827 - 09/24/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:stoned:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: popcorn question [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4704230 - 09/24/05 06:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThumpaCap said:
:stoned:

What's the point of this?

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: popcorn question [Re: FooMan]
    #4708959 - 09/25/05 08:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i never said that popcorn compaired to poo, or was better than poo.. i said that you can just case popcorn with good results.

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: popcorn question [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4709051 - 09/25/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

IMO popcorn is one of the better grains to use as spawn.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder