Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
It irks me
    #4707663 - 09/24/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When people that are part of this community post and say something like "The shrooms I had last weekend totally fucked me up" or "I was fucked up on ecstacy" or something like that. They totally murder the fact that every drug have their own lessons to teach us even if you have to go through addiction to find that lesson. For some reason I thing age/maturity is a big part of it. Im not saying doing coke/(insert drug here) multiple times a day is good for your body or your mind but If you learn from that it is a lesson taught. Ending my babble

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: It irks me [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4707668 - 09/24/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not all people do drugs to learn a lesson.  I do plenty of that in class.  When I party, I like to have fun.

BTW, the hydrocodone I'm on right now is totally fucking me up.  :toomuchacid:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4707676 - 09/24/05 11:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

They totally murder the fact that every drug have their own lessons to teach us even if you have to go through addiction to find that lesson.

Drugs are chemicals with no personality and an IQ of zero. The only time you learn a lesson is when your brain teaches itself it because it decides to interpret the changing of its neuronal patterns as important; otherwise, you don't need to learn anything. It's not like the drugs care.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4707704 - 09/24/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Most people do drugs for the simple reason that they make you feel good! Now I'm not denigrating whatever learning experiences you may have had whilst ingesting certain substances, but a lot of people like them simply because they alter perceptions and moods......

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: It irks me [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4707705 - 09/24/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

e-chode said:
Not all people do drugs to learn a lesson.  I do plenty of that in class.  When I party, I like to have fun.

BTW, the hydrocodone I'm on right now is totally fucking me up.  :toomuchacid:

I promise every drug you take you will get taught a lesson from it.  I agree that having fun is well.... fun, but when people totally miss the fact that you can learn from that one expereince.  Be it little or big lesson.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: It irks me [Re: Ravus]
    #4707717 - 09/24/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The only time you learn a lesson is when your brain teaches itself it because it decides to interpret the changing of its neuronal patterns as important;

Wait I can think of something that changes the neuronal patterns of the brain..... drugs

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4707721 - 09/24/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm fucked up on pot, gin and an oxycontin. FUcKED up

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #4707744 - 09/24/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im so totally fuct up right now

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4707754 - 09/24/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Who says you can't be fucked up and learn at the same time?  :grin:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: It irks me [Re: MOTH]
    #4707762 - 09/24/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Who says you can't be fucked up and learn at the same time?  :grin:

You can but as you can see In this thread most people don't. :confused:

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4707763 - 09/24/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stonerguy said:
Quote:

The only time you learn a lesson is when your brain teaches itself it because it decides to interpret the changing of its neuronal patterns as important;

Wait I can think of something that changes the neuronal patterns of the brain..... drugs

That was my point.

But your brain doesn't have to interpret the temporary changes as important. You don't have to take any lessons out of the changes if you don't want, and the drugs are rather neutral on the issue. All of the magic is the brain responding to itself; the chemical is just a catalyst.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #4707772 - 09/24/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

besides 'fucked up' is just an expression..  just like 'trippin balls' crunked' 'geeked' blizted' blazed' toasted' ' blasted' ....  just using an expression when tellin of an experience doesnt mean jack towards any 'murdering' of any lesson :smirk:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #4707789 - 09/24/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with you on the point that the phrase "fucked up" carries a negative connotaion, but sometimes there's no other way to describe it :laugh: 

I do think it's important to watch what words you use to someone outside of the drug culture.  We're never gonna get drugs legalized if all people hear about drugs is how "fucked up" they get you.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4707795 - 09/24/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I learned by watching my grandma slowly die of alcohol and demorol that some drugs are basically shallow and can teach you NOTHING.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: It irks me [Re: Cherk]
    #4707802 - 09/24/05 11:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:
I agree with you on the point that the phrase "fucked up" carries a negative connotaion, but sometimes there's no other way to describe it :laugh: 

I do think it's important to watch what words you use to someone outside of the drug culture.  We're never gonna get drugs legalized if all people hear about drugs is how "fucked up" they get you.

Maybe I am taking the expresion to litterally.  Everytime I see someone use It I can see a 15 year old kid sitting at his computer thinking he is cool for using a drug.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: It irks me [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4707817 - 09/24/05 11:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
I learned by watching my grandma slowly die of alcohol and demorol that some drugs are basically shallow and can teach you NOTHING.

Think of it more broadly. Have you ever done something so stupid when you were drunk like..... drive for instance. You can learn from that mistake.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4707848 - 09/24/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Although I agree with some of your points, I also agree with chodes and Ravus.

I'd also like to add that some people will not learn anything at all from a substance. Let's take the H junky that sold everything he owned just to pump that shit into his veins and get into a state of opiated bliss. That junky that day after day scoured the streets for any way to scrounge up money to get his fix. That junky that caught HIV from a dirty needle. That junky that continued to track up his veins. That junky that died a slow agonizing death. What did he learn? Nothing.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4707849 - 09/24/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a little biased against alcohol. Seen too much fetal alcoholism, violence, death.

I was attacked by a drunk on the way home from school (was 15). He cut my leg up pretty bad.

I refused to be a part of my own highschool graduation because they were allowed to serve kids as young as 14 alcohol there.

Saw family and friends out of control on booze, the worst being my grandma who at the end had to be constantly sloshed and could barely recognize who I was.

Fuck yeah, it taught me something--alcohol sucks. :thumbdown:

But back on topic, it bugs me too to see so many on pharms, particularly the severly addictive ones like fentanyl/oxcontin saying how fucked up they got like it's a good thing.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
Re: It irks me [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4707858 - 09/25/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

He learned that a bad heroin addiction leads to death. Why do all lessons have to be happy ones?

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Re: It irks me [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4707865 - 09/25/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
I'd also like to add that some people will not learn anything at all from a substance. Let's take the H junky that sold everything he owned just to pump that shit into his veins and get into a state of opiated bliss. That junky that day after day scoured the streets for any way to scrounge up money to get his fix. That junky that caught HIV from a dirty needle. That junky that continued to track up his veins. That junky that died a slow agonizing death. What did he learn? Nothing.

He learned the ultamate lesson of all death.

BTW if Im pissing anyone off sorry Im just kinda in a debating mood righ tnow.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag