Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4705452 - 09/24/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

True, but Canada would suffer also; the US would never stand by and take that, even to the extent of possible military actions against Canada. There's too much at risk for Canada over a single intoxicating herb, so until the US becomes more libertarian on the issue, I doubt Canada will legalize it.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Ravus]
    #4705496 - 09/24/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I also doubt they will legalize it. However there is some cooperation between the law and dealers in Canada, especially in small towns where the main industry is growing MJ. So in effect it is practically legal in certain parts of the country, mainly BC.

But considering what Marc Emery has done, which is get people to grow their own--ie eliminate organized crime from the loop, I don't think whatever sentence he gets will be fair. He will most likely just be made an example of, which is bullshit.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #4705665 - 09/24/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
However there is some cooperation between the law and dealers in Canada, especially in small towns where the main industry is growing MJ. So in effect it is practically legal in certain parts of the country, mainly BC.

Heck, this goes on in the mountains of eastern kentucky as well. The police stage small-time outdoor busts while the REAL growers (who are well known) are allowed to stay in business.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Jammer]
    #4705785 - 09/24/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jammer said:
Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Dude he's just as guilty as Bill Gates is except he donates his money to legalize pot in Canada. The majority of his customers don't even live in Canada or else they would most likely be starting of with clones. Why should we care what happens with the legalization in Canada? It's not like the US will follow their example anyways. Marc held a monopoly over the market by buying out all the breeders and charging ludicrous prices for his seeds. I'm glad his out of the game.

Man, I never expected that kind of remark from a member of this site. Just what side are you on in the drug war anyway? I guess I'm reminded why I stoped surfing to this site as much as I used too.

To compare Marc Emery to Bill Gates is obsurd. If you look into the public records of Marc Emery you will find he has nothing to hide. He operated in the open, paid taxes to the goverment of Canada- In SPITE of Canada law. Of corse he is guilty of breaking weed-laws! Like how the heck are we supposed to get things legalized if we dont break the law? I supposed we all could take the atitude of High Times magazine, and sorta hide behind some fake buds and pretend things will change with us doing nothing.

Who cares how much he charged for seeds? Ya cant afford 'em?- Dont Buy 'em! It blows my mind that his price on seeds were even an issue with anybody... shesh. What do you expect from a person taking on the risk of life in prision? A discount?

Why should Americans care about what happens in Canada? Because OUR goverment is telling another goverment what to do! Canada has no problem with Marc- Why should America have the right to go over there and use Canada's cops to arrest him to be tried over here???

Man, I miss the times when people on this site shared the same vision. I guess I'm reminded why I dont post here very often these days. Somewhere over the years The Shroomery lossed it's vision.... After all, were all criminals here. This forum is about the politics of drugs, and here of all places I would not of expected such a conservative sounding atitude.

Do many others here share your opinion of not giving a shit or wishing to see Marc extradited and sent to prision? 'cause I'm really curious how wide spread your views are here.  :smirk:

Well dude maybe were glad you don't post here anymore. If you don't wan't to stop by don't just because there are others with opinions that differ from you own should not scare you off. I can compare Marc to Bill Gates. Bill sold all his shit out in the open and paid taxes just like Marc, they both held a monopoly over their market.

Why should I care how much he sells his seeds for? Because it affects the rest of the markets prices. How many seeds have you bought from canada jammer? Just because I can't afford the price he chooses to charge means I don't deserve to buy them? Heavens Stairway sells the same seeds for a quarter of the price that he does. Marc buys all the stock and tries to put everyone else out of buisness.

USA isn't forcing Canada to do anything just because they are doing what we ask just goes to show that they are weak. They should have stood up for what their laws represent.

The shroomery hasn't lost its vision now it just has more diversity afterall you are in the PA&L forum if you wanted to talk to all left wing loons why don't you go to cindysheehan.com? I think what Marc has done to the seed buisness under the guise of activism is rediculous.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Stranger

Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4705965 - 09/24/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

USA isn't forcing Canada to do anything just because they are doing what we ask just goes to show that they are weak. They should have stood up for what their laws represent.

What is that supposed to mean? The law in canada clearly says that mj is illegal. Possession of small amounts has been decriminalized mostly because they don't want to waste money in court (and instead you just pay a fine). I know for a fact pretty much the same thing occurs in certain states (weed tickets) except the fines are a lot higher.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4706180 - 09/24/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Your opinion simply makes no sence for a member of a drug site. This isnt an pro-dea site dude.. Perhaps you got confused.

Maybe the DEA would love to have you on their side, in seeing you both want Marc locked up. From what I can gather, your view is NOT a popular view of the members here. Unless things have changed since I was a mod here, this is not a DEA site.

I think your just trying to start shit.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4706338 - 09/24/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I.) Emery's seeds were

a.) Overpriced

and

b.)Shitty

There's just no denying that.

II.) The people who bought his seeds were either

a.) Knowingly donating to a cause

or

b.) Dumbass "stupid consumer" type potheads like the kind who have historically just been dead weight for the legalization movement.

I really can't see too much fault in his strategy. It was a little shady, but he really did enough good that his karma is clean in my book.

I never really liked him as a seed dealer, but I support him as a victim of the W.O.D.

FREE NARK LAMERY!!! ...err, MARK EMERY!!

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Stranger

Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4707715 - 09/24/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I.) Emery's seeds were

a.) Overpriced

and

b.)Shitty

II.) The people who bought his seeds were either

a.) Knowingly donating to a cause

or

b.) Dumbass "stupid consumer" type potheads like the kind who have historically just been dead weight for the legalization movement.

I really can't see too much fault in his strategy. It was a little shady, but he really did enough good that his karma is clean in my book.

I never really liked him as a seed dealer, but I support him as a victim of the W.O.D.

FREE NARK LAMERY!!! ...err, MARK EMERY!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: All good points.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4708329 - 09/25/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i went to a rally about a week ago. there were many others held all over the world i believe. i didnt stay for the whole thing cuz it got cold and i had to go home anyways but ya.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4711227 - 09/25/05 07:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I.) Emery's seeds were

a.) Overpriced

and

b.)Shitty

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Marc Emery... what a fuckwad [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4711234 - 09/25/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I.) Emery's seeds were

a.) Overpriced

and

b.)Shitty

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marc Emery... what a fuckwad [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4712170 - 09/25/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Of course, that's not to say that there weren't a few satisfied customers out there.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Re: Marc Emery... what a fuckwad [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4712225 - 09/25/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yah, i heard the dea got a bunch of his satisfied customers...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

Stranger

#4712263 - 09/25/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have been reading up on the Emery case the last half hour, this is what I've found out:

1. He's out on bail.

2. Not just him but most of the top guys involved in his seed/webTV/website were also arrested.

3. It doesn't look very likely that Emery will be extradited. Some of the higher ups around here have been associating with him (leader of the NDP, Jack Layton, mayor of vancouver, etc).

4. ...PLUS, he has never hidden what he does. When he files his income taxes he declares his business as selling MJ seeds. The government has accepted this money from him!

5. The money laundering charges are all bullshit. In effect what they're calling money laundering is really donation of money to non-profit organizations and campaign money for politicians.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4712415 - 09/25/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think he'll be extradited...

afaik, he's not charged with anything of consequence in canada, so canadian non-enforcement is a non issue, and will not protect him from charges in the US

he never tried to hide what he did, which makes him a huge thorn in the side of DEA... They will eventually get him, just like they got ed rosenthal

they got noriega without a huge fuss...

others who have been charged with conspiracy on US drug charges for things thy did outside of the US have been extradited, albeit not from canada

others who have tried to flee to canada from us drug charges have not as yet been successful in gaining assylum

mark Emery's major crime, according to the DEA, is aiding and abetting felony cultivation within the US... he provided seeds, grow info, fertilizer, in other words he was involved heavily in illegal growing...

what i fear is the implications this case will have on canadian spore suppliers, who, perhaps following the lead of Maek Emery, make a killing selling spores to those who live in CA,GA and ID...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Marc Emery... what a fucking outrage [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4712463 - 09/25/05 11:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

IDaho?

Don't you mean OHio?

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4712501 - 09/25/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

nah, idaho... happened last year...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

Stranger

#4712572 - 09/26/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You are right, he is not charged with anything in Canada. The only time he spent any time in jail was in Saskatchewan after a talk at U of S (which I attended).

I am not really the brightest lightbulb, I'm also not sure if there is some kind of treaty which Canada must automatically comply with in extraditing him. I do have a good sense of the general mood surrounding Emery, kind of like a hero. A lot of it is just bullshit, but some of it is true. Like the fact that Emery basically owns nothing.

If there is some way of blocking his extradition I can almost guarantee our government will do it. Don't these DEA fucks understand what they're doing? Just look at what happenned after PF got shut down.

Edited by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl (09/26/05 12:22 AM)

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#4712606 - 09/26/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if he was charged with something- anything really, in canada, canada would have a case for keeping him there until the case went to trial... mark could delay that trial indefinitely with motions and appeals...

--------------------
We got Nothing!

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4712650 - 09/26/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Aren't they illegal in Ohio too?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder